PDA

View Full Version : User's Nicknames

fpv_gtho
02-12-2004, 04:18 AM
I've been thinking about this lately, and do you think many of the UCP users have a nickname used on the site? I know for me, alot of people have started just calling me fpv rather than fpv_gtho which is great but gets confusing at times when discussing about FPV the company. I know i simply refer to Falcon500 as falc and some people are calling Matra et Alpine just Matra, but i havent really noticed many others.

Falcon500
02-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Personally i just think its because were lazy and us australian especially chop and change words to make them shorter EG carbirettor= Carbie saves breath/typeing. :D of course thats just whats going through my brain.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-12-2004, 11:54 AM
in canada we don't even call it chevy we call it chev, we shorten other things too but that's all i can think of.

for me you can call me bat, bat turbo, or plain old batmobile but don't call me batty :p

ZerK
02-12-2004, 01:38 PM
for me you can call me bat, bat turbo, or plain old batmobile but don't call me batty :p

TurBat? :D

As for me, well... ZK? Or Ads... don't really mind :)

...actually, Dumbass may be pushing it a little far...

:eek:

Suka
02-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Well i used to be Sukapunch on all the other forums i used but i shortened it to Suka when i got even lazier (is that a word? :p )

Doza
02-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Doza is short for Lintondoza, the nick bestowed on my by my friends for how gangsta I do.

Homem de Gelo
02-12-2004, 08:51 PM
my username is already short enough

fpv_gtho
02-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Personally i just think its because were lazy and us australian especially chop and change words to make them shorter EG carbirettor= Carbie saves breath/typeing. :D of course thats just whats going through my brain.

theres probably heaps out there, carb as you mentioned, diff, dizzy(distributer) and probably more but i cant think of them or havent heard of them.

one thing that always gets me though, is everyone around here pronounces chassis as "shazzy", when everytime i hear an american say it its more like "chassy" or even at times pronounced how its spelt

Wheelman
02-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Some people like to call me "Sir" for short.

Matt
02-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Some people like to call me "Sir" for short.

A lot of people I know call you "Jackass" for short. :)

Falcon500
02-14-2004, 01:47 AM
I like the jackass option :D

fpv_gtho
02-14-2004, 04:08 AM
my username is already short enough

i think some people are eventually going to just call you HB..

NoOne
02-14-2004, 07:01 AM
I don't think I have a short form for my user name, so I'll BS a bit .... :D
NoOne is a short form for the real name I wanted to use on the forums but wouldn't fit ...
I wanted to use "Some guy who's really into cars, but is somewhat lacking a bit of dignity"

:p

Wheelman
02-14-2004, 09:09 AM
A lot of people I know call you "Jackass" for short. :)

Preposterous.

mechanixfetch
02-14-2004, 05:13 PM
I like to Call Batmobile Turbo Batty

Dragon.Knight
02-15-2004, 01:51 AM
I like to Call Batmobile Turbo Batty

ahahaha....very witty I don't think I've been on the forums long enough for a nickname...usually (on other forums) people just abbreviate the name...DK...yeah

Egg Nog
02-15-2004, 02:34 PM
It seems like people around here, if they choose to use a nickname, will just pick a half of my username. It's either "Egg" or "Nog".

Either way, that's fine with me :)

carlover
02-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I guess my nickname would be CL, but then I might get confused with the mercedes CL500, CL55, etc.

fpv_gtho
02-15-2004, 10:33 PM
ahahaha....very witty I don't think I've been on the forums long enough for a nickname...usually (on other forums) people just abbreviate the name...DK...yeah

because of my surname (De Keizer) some people at school nickname me DK, usually they call me Deky though but the funniest would have to be my old PE teacher calling me Declan

Falcon500
02-16-2004, 03:38 AM
At the mitsubishi dealershipthey used to call me bob which stood for Brother Of Barney. Barney (or neal as his real name was they called him after the charictor on the simpsons) was one of the apprentices and theycalled me bob because i looked like him and everyone thought we were brothers :D They called the other detalier shaggy because of his ratherpathetic facial heair growth and apprently he our cousin...strange place to work at times :rolleyes:

Homem de Gelo
02-17-2004, 03:35 PM
My nick name in the real world ir Argentino, which means Argentinian. My friends say I look like I'm from Argentina. :p

Dragon.Knight
02-17-2004, 07:14 PM
because of my surname (De Keizer) some people at school nickname me DK,

wouldn't it be dur keizer? or maybe I'm just crazy...I get princess leya alot *twitch*

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 11:38 PM
well alot of people think its a german name but its actually dutch, not much difference but theres a difference there still.....

IBrake4Rainbows
02-20-2004, 08:23 PM
i get called IB4R a lot. just because i have oneof the longest nicknames on the forums, it makes my like a lot easier because i know whos talking about me or what i say.
plus, brake is not a good nick.
because of my first name (Sam) i get called spam, and because my last name begins with ham, i'm spam ham!

Ferrari F50
02-20-2004, 09:25 PM
i'm F50 on other car forums, but it seems like that name has been taken here. :)

ZerK
02-21-2004, 03:09 PM
i'm F50 on other car forums, but it seems like that name has been taken here. :)

I don't suppose you're f50 from RaceSimCentral.com forums are you?

Ferrari F50
02-23-2004, 02:46 AM
I don't suppose you're f50 from RaceSimCentral.com forums are you?

Nope, I've never been to that site.

henk4
02-25-2004, 06:12 AM
well alot of people think its a german name but its actually dutch, not much difference but theres a difference there still.....

and probably not many people know that your name translates into "the Emperor" (please don't strike back). Currently various spelling options exist, such as De Keyzer, or De Keijser, but your version is the pure one. I bet your ancestors came from Holland during the fifties or so.