PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new ride....

Jungleroom_x
02-12-2004, 03:00 PM
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Color - Red (Maroon)/Tan cloth interior
Miles - 46,000 original
Condition - Garage-kept
Interior Condition - Few smudges on the mats, but I'm redoing the tan interior with black plush in a few months...so whatever
Trans - 5 speed manual

If you want to see a pic, it's in my AV. I picked this little beauty (almost completely stock, which is good) for $6500 (Inspected, tags, owner signed off on the cost of the car being $3500). The owner had upped the exhaust and intakes, so that's 2 things I don't have to worry about. Now I just need to slap some paint on it and a few mods...

What do you think? Good deal?

Hell_Unleashed
02-13-2004, 05:31 AM
Not bad... not bad at all.

Shinobi
02-13-2004, 11:55 AM
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Since when has there been a "GT" second generation eclipse? There's only RS, GS, GST, and GSX.

Jungleroom_x
02-15-2004, 05:07 AM
Sorry, I meant GS, not GT.

mooseTSi
02-19-2004, 09:36 PM
what, no turbo? :( non turbo eclipse= no go. does it have the 4g63 in it or the 420? i love that color. that was a good find. just given u a hard time about the "no turbo". go to http://www.machv.com/ and they'll help out with all your DSM needs. they have a message board too. good luck with the new ride

Jungleroom_x
02-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks moose. One of my co-workers has a 2001 eclipse GT and was giving me crap about my little 4 banger being slow. So I told him, after I spend the extra $10,000 he spent on his we can go down to the track sometime. :p

I'm pretty sure its got the 420, thought I could be mistaken. And, yeah, the real maroon (not that horrid purple-ish maroon color) is killer...looks blood red in the daylight and red-purple at night. Im keeping the color, but redoing the interior in a black/silver/red theme, all plush, replacing the 6 stock speakers (pairs of 2", 4" and 6"x9") with Clarion or Infiniti speakers and adding a pair of 10's in the "trunk". (Not a hell of a lot of room in there) Slap some nice 17" rims with low-profiles and lower the car an inch, and presto...I'll be ready to roll. Looking into a carbon-fiber hood as well, but I'm having difficulty finding one right now.

Since it has the intake and exhaust systems in, I'm probably looking at a single turbo right now. Racing chip, probably. Flywheel and clutch plates are also in the foreseeable future. Cold air injection system and twin exhausts are the last on my list...this little 4 banger is gonna burn up some blacktop when I get done with her.

mooseTSi
03-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks moose. One of my co-workers has a 2001 eclipse GT and was giving me crap about my little 4 banger being slow. So I told him, after I spend the extra $10,000 he spent on his we can go down to the track sometime. :p

I'm pretty sure its got the 420, thought I could be mistaken. And, yeah, the real maroon (not that horrid purple-ish maroon color) is killer...looks blood red in the daylight and red-purple at night. Im keeping the color, but redoing the interior in a black/silver/red theme, all plush, replacing the 6 stock speakers (pairs of 2", 4" and 6"x9") with Clarion or Infiniti speakers and adding a pair of 10's in the "trunk". (Not a hell of a lot of room in there) Slap some nice 17" rims with low-profiles and lower the car an inch, and presto...I'll be ready to roll. Looking into a carbon-fiber hood as well, but I'm having difficulty finding one right now.

Since it has the intake and exhaust systems in, I'm probably looking at a single turbo right now. Racing chip, probably. Flywheel and clutch plates are also in the foreseeable future. Cold air injection system and twin exhausts are the last on my list...this little 4 banger is gonna burn up some blacktop when I get done with her.

if its the 420 its gonna be harder to turbo it. thats the old neon engine. And even its a 4g63 to put a turbo on would be lots of money. youd be better off selling it and getting a gsx or gst. And if you were gonning to turbo it, yeah you would be looking at a single turbo. thats all there is. you dont twin turbo a 4 cyl. engine. cold air induction is a waste of money, just get a nice intake with a filter thats open to the air. Twin exhausts are not fuctional on that car! you dont need it. if you get a turbo just get 3" strait back. youll be fine. dont waste your money on thinks that wont help you out. that color is the best looking on the eclipse. wish mine was that color :D

Jungleroom_x
03-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah. There is a turbo made for the 420...of course it runs $3,300.

Thanks for the tips...I am pretty new at doing much but basic engine maintenance, and these places seem to be among the best to find good info.

I would sell it and get a GSX or a GST, but I can't find a 2g eclipse with that few miles on it for that price range...and thats one of the big things. With the exception of a clear coat scratch and a small crack in the plastic by the ashtray, its in the best shape it can be in.

I'm getting the metal interior kit (Already ordered it...along with a grill, shifter knob, and pedals) so the crack by the ashtray/cupholder won't be an issue.

I'm looking at a pretty hot set of rims that look pretty much like the stock alloys...which I love anyway. They'll be 17's with lo-pro tires on, total clearance drop of about 1". I'm not a huge chrome fan, nor do I want to kill the natural beauty of this car with some god-awful body kit, so I'm not even attempting to look for that.

I'm pretty much trying to get a nice balance of speed and looks...not too much in either direction. Boost the horsies up to around 170-190, add a couple more pounds of torque. That's why I wasn't all hot all over the GST and GSX models...they're a little bit bigger and about 150 pounds heavier if I remember. I'd prefer not to get em...and if I was going in that direction I'd be better off looking for a used 3000 gt.

Plus, you're right, the color is fantastic.

mooseTSi
03-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah. There is a turbo made for the 420...of course it runs $3,300.

Thanks for the tips...I am pretty new at doing much but basic engine maintenance, and these places seem to be among the best to find good info.

I would sell it and get a GSX or a GST, but I can't find a 2g eclipse with that few miles on it for that price range...and thats one of the big things. With the exception of a clear coat scratch and a small crack in the plastic by the ashtray, its in the best shape it can be in.

I'm getting the metal interior kit (Already ordered it...along with a grill, shifter knob, and pedals) so the crack by the ashtray/cupholder won't be an issue.

I'm looking at a pretty hot set of rims that look pretty much like the stock alloys...which I love anyway. They'll be 17's with lo-pro tires on, total clearance drop of about 1". I'm not a huge chrome fan, nor do I want to kill the natural beauty of this car with some god-awful body kit, so I'm not even attempting to look for that.

I'm pretty much trying to get a nice balance of speed and looks...not too much in either direction. Boost the horsies up to around 170-190, add a couple more pounds of torque. That's why I wasn't all hot all over the GST and GSX models...they're a little bit bigger and about 150 pounds heavier if I remember. I'd prefer not to get em...and if I was going in that direction I'd be better off looking for a used 3000 gt.

Plus, you're right, the color is fantastic.

why again werent you all hot over a gst or gsx. they are way faster with the same looks and 150lbs isnt a whole lot when u are comparing cars
GSX-3,270lbs-210hp-214 lbs trq-awd
GST- 2,970lbs-210hp-214lbs trq-2wd
GS-2,855 lbs-140hp-130lbs trq-2wd
3000gtVR4-3,737-320hp-315 lbs trq-awd
in what directon would it be if you were better of getting a 3000. a 3000 is a lot more money and is a pain to fix. plus if someting goes wrong its expensive to fix. if you wanted speed and torque with the same looks u should have went with gsx or gst. to bad there were none close to you. there are a lot around where i live. pluse you can always find one that has been beat to hell for like 2000g's and rebulid it. good luck with all your mods. and www.dsmtuners.com is another great site. :D