PDA

View Full Version : FPV Gets Aggressive New Look

adrenaline
10-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Nice new sexy look for FPV...Some things i noticed...

- Altered body kit/ new look
- GT gets MKII GT-P rims,
- Typhoon/ tornado has a different body kit to the rest...slightly
- Pursuits/ tornado (utilities) have built in bulge on tonneau..niice
- Fog lamp surrounds looking good
- New stripe package
- Typhoon Rims are beautiful
- BOSS 290 doesnt get more power but better fuel efficiency.

http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_105344/newsarticle.html

Ford Performance Vehicles has increased the visual presence of its vehicles with the new BF model range, introducing a bold new styling theme that provides greater distinction between Boss 290 V8-powered and F6 270 Turbo-powered vehicles.
New-look front bumpers on all models feature an aggressive race-inspired lip surrounding the larger lower air intake, which is replicated in a similar fashion surrounding a new-look opening in the rear bumpers of all sedans. This is combined with stylish new-design auxiliary driving lights.

The unique styling theme provides FPV with greater exclusivity as well as the flexibility to customise the design for individual models.

To complement the new styling, all Boss 290-powered vehicles receive 19-inch alloy wheels as standard fitment, including a new design on the range-topping GT-P and Super Pursuit models, while the GT and GT-P are also fitted with a traditional muscle car-inspired twin exhaust system. All Boss 290-powered models also feature a broader selection of new-design optional side stripe and hood decal packages.

“Our customers loved the race-inspired styling of the BA GT and the technical detail we applied to give the F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado a unique look,” said David Flint, Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles.

“With the new BF models, we have taken the opportunity to give our vehicles even greater road presence and, at the same time, create distinct visual differences between our Boss 290 V8 models and F6 variants.”

EXTERIOR STYLING

The new-look BF range from FPV builds on the success of its predecessors with an evolutionary step forward in design.

The new-look front bumpers further enhance the traditional performance car styling of the Boss 290 V8-powered vehicles with a larger and more pronounced lower air intake featuring the race-inspired three-slot spoiler.

Introducing an element of classic styling alongside the aggressive design are new-look fog lamps. These lights feature a satin alloy surround on GT and Pursuit with black integrated flutes, while GT-P and Super Pursuit build on the premium theme of the range-topping models with satin alloy surrounds and flutes that complement the standard satin alloy grille mesh.

Both the GT and GT-P now feature their respective model’s badges in the upper air intake within the front bumper: a design cue reminiscent of the classic GTs of the 1960s and 1970s.

The F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado also carry the aggressive new look, but with a unique lower air intake design that features reverse angle pillars to accentuate the silver intercooler behind the Technik grille mesh. Both the F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado feature exclusive design auxiliary driving lights with colour coded inserts. These styling elements give a dramatically different look to the F6 models compared to GT, GT-P, Pursuit and Super Pursuit.

The pronounced intake surround continues through to the rear bumpers on all sedan variants with a signature three-slot extraction design. The grille mesh in each model also replicates the front bumper: black in GT, satin alloy in GT-P and silver in F6 Typhoon.

Sonar-activated reverse-parking sensors are now fitted as standard equipment in the flagship GT-P and available as an option for the first time on GT and F6 Typhoon with an RRP of $650.

All FPV sedans gain the new jewel-effect tail lights introduced across all Falcon models in the BF range.

Enhancing the more aggressive styling, all FPV Boss 290 V8-powered models are now fitted with 19-inch alloy wheels as standard equipment. The BF GT and Pursuit come with the five-spoke alloy wheel previously available exclusively on BA GT-P and Super Pursuit, while the flagship variants receive a new-design five-spoke alloy wheel with a raised spine in the centre of each spoke and a machined outer rim.

The wheels have been designed to accentuate the power and presence of the Brembo brakes that are now standard on all FPV models.

The double five-spoke alloy wheel with gun metal shadow rims on the F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado are carried through with the new BF model. However, a unique 19-inch alloy will be available as an option on F6 models with an exclusive gun metal shadow design and machined outer rim. This option has a RRP of $2400.

FPV has introduced a new-design lockable hard tonneau cover for its Ute range with an aggressive power bulge in the centre that continues the muscular performance characteristics generated by the bonnet bulge in the Pursuit and Super Pursuit. This hard tonneau cover is standard equipment on the flagship Super Pursuit and available as an option on the Pursuit and F6 Tornado with a recommended retail price of $2710.

Providing its customers with an even wider range of options to personalise their vehicle, a new three-piece hard tonneau cover with integrated alloy sports bar is available for the first time. This option has a recommended retail price of $1050 in lieu of the standard hard tonneau cover on the flagship Super Pursuit and available as a stand alone option on the F6 Tornado and Pursuit with a recommended retail price of $3750.

FPV owners will be offered even more ways to customise their vehicle, with a new-design side stripe and hood decal package available as an option on GT, GT-P, Pursuit and Super Pursuit.

The new-look stripes feature a solid middle stripe with a smaller key-line stripe on either side that also wraps around on the rear bumper section, providing a more dynamic look. The design of the Boss 290 hood decal fitted to the sides of the bonnet bulge remain as it was introduced on the BA MkII models.

A wider selection of stripe colour and exterior colour choices have been introduced with the BF range, including new gold stripes. The stripe package is a no-cost option on GT-P and Super Pursuit and has a recommended retail price of $595 as an option on GT and Pursuit. The Boss 290 Hood Decal can be fitted without the stripe package and has an RRP of $195.

The new stripes coincide with the introduction of a number of exclusive performance hero colours: Bionic, Toxic and DeJaVu.

Bionic is a bold new non-metallic blue inspired by the iconic True Blue that was popular on XY GT Falcons while Toxic is a bright acidic green – similar to Citric Acid that was popular in the original BA series – and is close to the Lime Glaze colour that was available on XA GT Falcons. DeJaVu, which is due to begin production in December, is a new dark metallic green.

INTERIOR UPGRADES

The feature-filled cabin in all FPV models has received a number of improvements with the introduction of the new BF range.

Complementing the satin alloy interior features such as the Interior Command Centre and gear lever surrounds, the door trims now carry the same premium highlight on the grab handles with a soft-feel material. The performance seats in all models now feature Satin Alloy contrast stitching with the FPV logo embroidered in the headrests.

A luxury interior pack is available as an option on the F6 Tornado Ute for the first time, incorporating dual zone climate control with large TFT colour screen Interior Command Centre and Premium sound with a six-disc in-dash CD player. This option has a recommended retail price of $1500.

danno
10-14-2005, 12:20 AM
looks much more aggressive IRL. saw it at the motorshow today.

adrenaline
10-14-2005, 02:28 AM
anyone know what happened with the tail light jewels? theyre changed right??

Spastik_Roach
10-14-2005, 03:05 AM
Finally! The bad ass good looks to compete with Holden! YOURE ON TO A WINNER HERE FPV!

SlickHolden
10-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Still it has to much in common with the XR's. They really need to go more out there i think get away from the falcon as much as they can.
I seen a XR8 with stripes and FPV rear wing and rims almost thought it was a FPV had 2 looks at it.

Colty
10-14-2005, 07:04 AM
It makes the HSV's look plain looking :P. I absolutely love the new FPV look, i want one :D. It looks much more aggressive, and i like the idea of putting the new badge on the front grill!

I notice the bottom grill on the front bumper bar like juts out from the rest of the car where the BA was flat. It has also been outlined with more grey and the fog lights look much more aggressive. The Rear looks SOO much better, dual exhaust and the different grey area of the rear bumper bear really make it look good!

Dino Scuderia
10-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Here's some hi res show pics.

Colty
10-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Theyre good pics and all, but they dont do it justice.

They need to lower it, and space out the wheels, that would be awesome.
Why do they have the FPV logo on the seats? I rkn having "GT" or "GT-P" on the seats is a much better idea.

Blitz_
10-14-2005, 09:42 PM
wtf, its already, very, very low, i dont think it really needs to be lowered much further. What do you mean by spacing out the wheels?

Much better looking than HSV's now, far more aggresive and they give it more distinction. I would have loved something on the bonnet for the Typhoon though. The bulge on the tonneu is a nice addition for the utes, lol Holden and Ford are being copy-cats now :)

Colty
10-15-2005, 06:23 AM
no, believe me, lower is better. Mine is lowered, definately much better.

Space out the wheels. WHat you do bring the wheels out further, so they further apart from each other. Put a Spacer in there, its spaces it out, hence why its called a spacer :P

SlickHolden
10-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Still to much connection with Ford and FPV.
They need to get away and do there own thing more.
HSV's first goal is to take there cars and make something that isnt Commodore SS in looks.
http://www.holden.com.au/images/uploads/LO_VZ_SS_Sedan1122596714018.jpg http://www.users.on.net/~nweber/commodore/vz/images/vz-ssz-03.jpg
http://www.hsv.org.au/GK_VZ_frontangle.jpg http://www.hsv.org.au/GK_VZ_Rearview.jpg

10-15-2005, 09:03 AM
why can they realease more cars like this in the UK...

SlickHolden
10-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Guess we are lucky:D

Colty
10-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Have u seen the BF FPV's in real life slick?

adrenaline
10-16-2005, 04:31 AM
That comparison with the SS should have been with the Clubbie...
There isnt as much as a difference. FPV does a good job at differentiating the XRs and GTs/F6s/Pursuits IMO...

SlickHolden
10-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Have u seen the BF FPV's in real life slick?
Sorry musn't have seen one pass me on the road yet:rolleyes:

That comparison with the SS should have been with the Clubbie...
There isnt as much as a difference. FPV does a good job at differentiating the XRs and GTs/F6s/Pursuits IMO...
The front and rears couldnt be more far apart really.
The problem is FPV is Controlled by Ford they are across the road from each other here i was just down at FPV HQ last month.

TVR IS KING
10-16-2005, 09:41 PM
bah, the new cars need more power. i wouldnt be saying it if hsv hadnt given a 6.0 litre V8 to their base models. the VR HSV's are going to MAUL the old 290's...does ford want to fail absolutely with the bf? slick holden, youve heard my other complaints about the bf...it seems that not even FPV can do things right.

clutch-monkey
10-16-2005, 11:20 PM
keep the power where it is - ford need to shave weight something chronic...

SlickHolden
10-17-2005, 02:47 AM
bah, the new cars need more power. i wouldnt be saying it if hsv hadnt given a 6.0 litre V8 to their base models. the VR HSV's are going to MAUL the old 290's...does ford want to fail absolutely with the bf? slick holden, youve heard my other complaints about the bf...it seems that not even FPV can do things right.
I don't think the BF will fail it's just i belive they need to have the XR's and FPV's more apart. This is after sitting up at bathurst seeing so many XR's with FPV wings and stripes and you need to look twice sometimes 3 times at them.
It's basicly the same with the XR's themselves.
Just like the SV6 and SV8 now.

Blitz_
10-17-2005, 02:56 AM

what the hell are you on about? your comment is as loose as the whore down the street. Absaloutely fail? hmm i think the sales wont drop because of no power upgrade, woopdy doo, if you can afford a GT, you can surely afford a few engine mods. if you want more power. But we live in a land full of speeding camera's and tough laws, all you want is bragging rights with numbers don't you? thats ridiculous, grow up. If i had the money, i would still by a typhoon, or possibly even the GT-P over a Clubbie, why? because they have more finesse and class about them, HSV's just dont appeal to me with all thier add on's like the fake side vents and what not. Of course FPV can do things right, both FPV and HSV have thier different way of doing things, just imagine if they copied each other? boring...we would predict wat the changes would be..every...single...time. And about the VR's mauling the 290's? don't seem so sure of it, power and the time down the quarter don't determine which is the better car.

SlickHolden
10-17-2005, 03:06 AM
what the hell are you on about? your comment is as loose as the whore down the street. Absaloutely fail? hmm i think the sales wont drop because of no power upgrade, woopdy doo, if you can afford a GT, you can surely afford a few engine mods. if you want more power. But we live in a land full of speeding camera's and tough laws, all you want is bragging rights with numbers don't you? thats ridiculous, grow up. If i had the money, i would still by a typhoon, or possibly even the GT-P over a Clubbie, why? because they have more finesse and class about them, HSV's just dont appeal to me with all thier add on's like the fake side vents and what not. Of course FPV can do things right, both FPV and HSV have thier different way of doing things, just imagine if they copied each other? boring...we would predict wat the changes would be..every...single...time. And about the VR's mauling the 290's? don't seem so sure of it, power and the time down the quarter don't determine which is the better car.
I was going along with everything you said until this.........
If i had the money, i would still by a typhoon, or possibly even the GT-P over a Clubbie, why? because they have more finesse and class about them
I think they got along way to go before you can say that about them.
The vents are standard not ad-ons.

2ndclasscitizen
10-17-2005, 03:13 AM
maybe the typhoon and GT-P have more class and finesse than the clubbie.... so what? who the hell buys an HSV or FPV so they can have a classy car with a bit of finesse. That's what the German uber-saloons are for. I doubt HSV or FPV are going for either of those values with their cars. So the typhoon and GT-P have more class and finesse than the clubbie, they have more than zero, which can still be damn close to zero

SlickHolden
10-17-2005, 03:50 AM
maybe the typhoon and GT-P have more class and finesse than the clubbie.... so what? who the hell buys an HSV or FPV so they can have a classy car with a bit of finesse. That's what the German uber-saloons are for. I doubt HSV or FPV are going for either of those values with their cars. So the typhoon and GT-P have more class and finesse than the clubbie, they have more than zero, which can still be damn close to zero
I don't know about the Phoon but the GT-P is the high class FPV so the match for that would be the R8. Which has all the Calais Trimmings and all the best of the racey bits.

People don't buy these cars cause there nice and sweet they buy them cause when they step on it it goes like Bruce willis hair;)
But i must admit they do have all or almost all of the Calais options more like berlina for the Clubbie and R8.
But with there 3 differnt suspension set-ups they can dial the right suspension for the right car.

But i guess finesse is something HSV don't do but class they smell eat live it they are the biggest and best high performence vechiles maker in this Country. Winning a couple of battles is one thing, Winning the War with them is another thing.

Blitz_
10-17-2005, 04:15 AM
magic bus!! sorry, listening to the who...

anyway, can i change topic for a sec, whats your opinions on the new changes on the ute tonneus, good or bad? i havent seen teh bulge in real life on either the SSZ or the FPV's so im still undecided.

Colty
10-17-2005, 04:20 AM
Sorry musn't have seen one pass me on the road yet:rolleyes:
I was referring to the motorshow..

Anyway, the BF GT looks quite different to the XR8. I dont see why you can't spot the different from a mile away. Putting a GT Bodykit or parts of it definately does make it harder, but what do you expect? I can say the same for the Clubsport, which IMO looks more like a commodore Executive than the GT looks like a Falcon XT.

adrenaline
10-17-2005, 06:10 AM
But i guess finesse is something HSV don't do but class they smell eat live it they are the biggest and best high performence vechiles maker in this Country. Winning a couple of battles is one thing, Winning the War with them is another thing.

U seem very confident that they are better. I dont completely share your opinion. First of all the FPVs certainly give you a better interior. The HSV interior is aging and does not have the quality feel of he FPVs, and they definately dont give the superior design. As for the exteriors, FPV is the clear winner here IMO and the BF further proves this. HSVs cannot compete with the looks of the BF. The VY clubbie looks better than the VZ IMO. And as for winning the battles/ wars i dont see much sense there. HSV have been operating for decades and FPV only a few years, and last i heard was that FPV sedans were outselling HSV sedans...thats an absolutely amazing achievement when u look back on how much tickford sold.

I would argue that HSV are NOT the best high performance car makers in the country for a number of reasons. They dont have any 6 turbos, now theyre dishing out an astra 4 turbo...i mean they are going backwards. I believe it was this time last year when HSV had a huge cry at FPV for introducing the F6 series, because people would get confused about what their brand meant...V8s or V6s. HSV said they were making a mistake. Now look at what they are doing...Astra 4 turbo...bloody hypocrites!! And the thing isnt even a commodore and its not even a 6!! What happened to the "V8 only brand"? It shows who is making the right decisions and who has to do the catching up.

Motor also describe the GT as clearly more refined than the Clubbie. I dont dislike HSVs i do like them although i definately think that they are NOT better than FPV. I would say that right now FPV are winning the war. They have gained huge supports, their sales are up immensely. They have the F6 series, a place where HSV just cannot compete, and their vehicles are better in the exterior/ interior departments.

Although id say alot of this will change this time next year with the VE HSVs. Then again Orion will come in 2007 and kick their asses lol...

This is my opinion please dont flame me for it.

SlickHolden
10-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I was referring to the motorshow..

Anyway, the BF GT looks quite different to the XR8. I dont see why you can't spot the different from a mile away. Putting a GT Bodykit or parts of it definately does make it harder, but what do you expect? I can say the same for the Clubsport, which IMO looks more like a commodore Executive than the GT looks like a Falcon XT.
You know something now your just being ****en stupid.
The day the VZ exec looks like the the VZ Clubsport i will bare my arse to a mcdonalds full of cops and make piggy sounds.
Why do people buy these performence cars over the XR And SS. They want that extra bit over them models. And the last thing they want is something the same or similar.
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/dealer/penfolds/U022247_1_m.jpg http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/3506248.jpg
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/3114477.jpg http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/3506246.jpg

Blitz_
10-17-2005, 09:01 AM
yes, the difference between normal commo. executive and HSV can be cleary seen. I remember at work one day, a commo. pulled up and i thought it was a new VY HSV, on closer inspection it was just a standar executive with all the bits stuck on..pretty badly. Nevertheless, saying that, i still think both FPV and HSV do a good job of differentiating thier cars, i just think that FPV does it better. Theres something about all the gimmicky stuff on the HSV's that doesn't go well with me, i.e rear vents, grey bumber, side vents etc. I would love it if they just had larger moulded pieces that gave it more of a cleaner aggresive look. Im glad FPV has the two single exhuasts on both ends now, more aggressive and looks great, the new side stripe design is pretty nice as well, rounded off at the end and the black on yellow is terrific.

and damnit, i want a GT-HO to come out already, hahahaha i know the name they should put on the bonnet bulge

boss380...upset the mitsubishi boys :):)

Blitz_
10-17-2005, 09:05 AM
The day the VZ exec looks like the the VZ Clubsport i will bare my arse to a mcdonalds full of cops and make piggy sounds.

hahaha does that include the exec i ran into not long ago? I wouldn't mind seeing you outrun 20 or so overweight coppers holding thier McMuffins in one hand and a hash brown in the other.

SlickHolden
10-17-2005, 09:17 AM
U seem very confident that they are better. I dont completely share your opinion. First of all the FPVs certainly give you a better interior. The HSV interior is aging and does not have the quality feel of he FPVs, and they definately dont give the superior design. As for the exteriors, FPV is the clear winner here IMO and the BF further proves this. HSVs cannot compete with the looks of the BF. The VY clubbie looks better than the VZ IMO. And as for winning the battles/ wars i dont see much sense there. HSV have been operating for decades and FPV only a few years, and last i heard was that FPV sedans were outselling HSV sedans...thats an absolutely amazing achievement when u look back on how much tickford sold.
This was late last year and at the start of the year. You show me the sales between FPV and HSV for right now and I'm sure you will see HSV infront in sales again.

I would argue that HSV are NOT the best high performance car makers in the country for a number of reasons. They dont have any 6 turbos, now theyre dishing out an astra 4 turbo...i mean they are going backwards. I believe it was this time last year when HSV had a huge cry at FPV for introducing the F6 series, because people would get confused about what their brand meant...V8s or V6s. HSV said they were making a mistake. Now look at what they are doing...Astra 4 turbo...bloody hypocrites!! And the thing isnt even a commodore and its not even a 6!! What happened to the "V8 only brand"? It shows who is making the right decisions and who has to do the catching up.
So you base that on that only? They don't have a 6 Turbo That is a little weak to go on don't you think.
As for the Typhoon it's just like the XR6T over the XR8 It kills the V8 in price performence. Just like the Typhoon does with the GT GT-P. The Astra Turbo if HSV sells it will never be any type of match againts there V8's. If Tommorrow they sold a V6TT then they would be up shit creak and can't justify selling $75,000 Cars that can be beat by a $60,000 V6TT. HSV will always be known for V8's they will never have a 6 that out performs there V8's. And they are not playing catch up to anyone.

Motor also describe the GT as clearly more refined than the Clubbie. I dont dislike HSVs i do like them although i definately think that they are NOT better than FPV. I would say that right now FPV are winning the war. They have gained huge supports, their sales are up immensely. They have the F6 series, a place where HSV just cannot compete, and their vehicles are better in the exterior/ interior departments.
Refined means jack shit when they are on the open roads or when it comes to resale.
It's now been almost 4 years since Ford Released the Turbo 6 i don't see HSV jumping to Holden for the TTV6. It's just like the Coupe Ford couldn't match it so they didn't bother.
Exterior and Interior are personal taste but after being in the Terra i don't see what the big deal is on the intiria, Because ford brought out the TFT screen that would be the only advantage they have over Holden it's heaps better looking and more fun to play with.
But make no mistakes if you think FPV is winning the war you got another thing comming it's not that easy.
But they have been the best Performence car maker ford has had and they have had a few to.

Although id say alot of this will change this time next year with the VE HSVs. Then again Orion will come in 2007 and kick their asses lol...

This is my opinion please dont flame me for it
This we will just need to wait and see:)

SlickHolden
10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
yes, the difference between normal commo. executive and HSV can be cleary seen. I remember at work one day, a commo. pulled up and i thought it was a new VY HSV, on closer inspection it was just a standar executive with all the bits stuck on..pretty badly. Nevertheless, saying that, i still think both FPV and HSV do a good job of differentiating thier cars, i just think that FPV does it better. Theres something about all the gimmicky stuff on the HSV's that doesn't go well with me, i.e rear vents, grey bumber, side vents etc. I would love it if they just had larger moulded pieces that gave it more of a cleaner aggresive look. Im glad FPV has the two single exhuasts on both ends now, more aggressive and looks great, the new side stripe design is pretty nice as well, rounded off at the end and the black on yellow is terrific.

and damnit, i want a GT-HO to come out already, hahahaha i know the name they should put on the bonnet bulge

boss380...upset the mitsubishi boys :):)
I remember people saying the new bonnet vents on the Monaro were fake shit.
When i went down to see one i was amazed that blowing into the vent and sticking my hand under the bonnet i could feel the wind. And even after they got thrassed they would say how the steam would come out of them.

Come on HSV are no more of a gimick then the launch button on the FPV's are.:D

hahaha does that include the exec i ran into not long ago? I wouldn't mind seeing you outrun 20 or so overweight coppers holding thier McMuffins in one hand and a hash brown in the other.
I would have my McMuffins in my hand also with a Diet Coke Running like John Howard from a question about Peter Costello:

Blitz_
10-17-2005, 09:40 AM
I remember people saying the new bonnet vents on the Monaro were fake shit.
When i went down to see one i was amazed that blowing into the vent and sticking my hand under the bonnet i could feel the wind. And even after they got thrassed they would say how the steam would come out of them.

Come on HSV are no more of a gimick then the launch button on the FPV's are.:D

I would have my McMuffins in my hand also with a Diet Coke Running like John Howard from a question about Peter Costello:

hahaha damn!! i was waiting for some1 to bring up the starter button... :D
still, those side vents, mmm they look shite

yer, i can imagine that, Peter Costello stopped by our school for a couple of hours, it's like he has an uncanny ability to scare people off and attract assholes, which btw were the teachers.

SlickHolden
10-17-2005, 12:36 PM
hahaha damn!! i was waiting for some1 to bring up the starter button... :D
still, those side vents, mmm they look shite

yer, i can imagine that, Peter Costello stopped by our school for a couple of hours, it's like he has an uncanny ability to scare people off and attract assholes, which btw were the teachers.
You know them side vents are becoming very popular as after market ad-ons now. I have seen so far 8 cars and utes with them added on. And the models are VR utes to VS's and more.

You know what they say about trouble it always follows trouble:D
The teachers might have asked him about a 95c p/h pay rise.

TVR IS KING
10-17-2005, 04:57 PM

I feel the need to defend myself. firstly i must point out that wen i sed VR hsv's i meant VE.
and its not that the Bf will fail simply because of power. the BF looks the same as it did years ago. when the ba was released, so was the vy. fair enough. then came the bf mark II, which was only releaseed to keep up with holden which was sending out the VZ, which had improved frornt bummpers and lights among other changes, where as the mark II only had a 6 speed to keep up. thats fair enough, but now ford is releasing its new BF falcon, which STILL looks the same, and is supposed to try and keep up with holdens ALL NEW ve commodore. it was ok with the mark II, but i think to keep up with the ve ford will need a new look. even if it is only a minor one, ,because they havent even been able to come up with one of those yet.
it would seem also, that even the BF FPV's arent going to be much different.

THAT is why the BF will absolutely fail, not just because of power.
thats the way i see it at least.

Blitz_
10-18-2005, 01:37 AM
I feel the need to defend myself. firstly i must point out that wen i sed VR hsv's i meant VE.
and its not that the Bf will fail simply because of power. the BF looks the same as it did years ago. when the ba was released, so was the vy. fair enough. then came the bf mark II, which was only releaseed to keep up with holden which was sending out the VZ, which had improved frornt bummpers and lights among other changes, where as the mark II only had a 6 speed to keep up. thats fair enough, but now ford is releasing its new BF falcon, which STILL looks the same, and is supposed to try and keep up with holdens ALL NEW ve commodore. it was ok with the mark II, but i think to keep up with the ve ford will need a new look. even if it is only a minor one, ,because they havent even been able to come up with one of those yet.
it would seem also, that even the BF FPV's arent going to be much different.

THAT is why the BF will absolutely fail, not just because of power.
thats the way i see it at least.

even still, the ford shape has stayed the same and still sold well, so why change it :D as they say, if your on a winning formula, stick to it!!

TVR IS KING
10-18-2005, 01:43 AM
because, even though it has been successful, people will still outgrow it quickly once holden gets a new shape.

adrenaline
10-18-2005, 03:28 AM
This was late last year and at the start of the year. You show me the sales between FPV and HSV for right now and I'm sure you will see HSV infront in sales again.

So you base that on that only? They don't have a 6 Turbo That is a little weak to go on don't you think.
As for the Typhoon it's just like the XR6T over the XR8 It kills the V8 in price performence. Just like the Typhoon does with the GT GT-P. The Astra Turbo if HSV sells it will never be any type of match againts there V8's. If Tommorrow they sold a V6TT then they would be up shit creak and can't justify selling $75,000 Cars that can be beat by a $60,000 V6TT. HSV will always be known for V8's they will never have a 6 that out performs there V8's. And they are not playing catch up to anyone.

Refined means jack shit when they are on the open roads or when it comes to resale.
It's now been almost 4 years since Ford Released the Turbo 6 i don't see HSV jumping to Holden for the TTV6. It's just like the Coupe Ford couldn't match it so they didn't bother.
Exterior and Interior are personal taste but after being in the Terra i don't see what the big deal is on the intiria, Because ford brought out the TFT screen that would be the only advantage they have over Holden it's heaps better looking and more fun to play with.
But make no mistakes if you think FPV is winning the war you got another thing comming it's not that easy.
But they have been the best Performence car maker ford has had and they have had a few to.

This we will just need to wait and see:)

Im not saying that FPV are winning the war, becasuse they are not. They dont have enough variety yet, they need a coupe maybe, and something to match the luxury LWB HSVs. My basic point was that they came from tickford who were struggling to become a major rival to HSV, and in SOME cases beat them...i dont know the last sales reports i just know they were winning at one point. Also with the V6/V8/turbo thing, my point was basically HSV slammed FPV last year for bringing out the 6 turbo because they thought that it would "ruin the identity of their brand and leave people wondering what they stood for" but now they are bringing out an astra lol...just a little ironic.

Pretty much im just saying that HSV are not the indefinate kings and that FPV have done so much to come to where they are now, compared to the days of the AU...They are NOT winning the war yet, but i would say that HSV is trumping them right now because they are not....i would say though that FPV are dreading the VE...

TVR IS KING
10-18-2005, 03:57 AM
all my ford-bagging, i really like FPV, theyre cars, while not ultimately different from the falcons, are awesome, especially the F6's. i cant wait to see what else FPV come up with when they expend. as they hopefully will.:D

SlickHolden
10-18-2005, 05:42 AM
Im not saying that FPV are winning the war, becasuse they are not. They dont have enough variety yet, they need a coupe maybe, and something to match the luxury LWB HSVs. My basic point was that they came from tickford who were struggling to become a major rival to HSV, and in SOME cases beat them...i dont know the last sales reports i just know they were winning at one point. Also with the V6/V8/turbo thing, my point was basically HSV slammed FPV last year for bringing out the 6 turbo because they thought that it would "ruin the identity of their brand and leave people wondering what they stood for" but now they are bringing out an astra lol...just a little ironic.

Pretty much im just saying that HSV are not the indefinate kings and that FPV have done so much to come to where they are now, compared to the days of the AU...They are NOT winning the war yet, but i would say that HSV is trumping them right now because they are not....i would say though that FPV are dreading the VE...
I think the LWB models are not going to ever sell great, And i don't think Ford will build a Coupe, Just take a look at the Monaro it's the greatest selling sports coupe in the country but they cant sell enough to keep it going.
But on the Turbo Astra HSV are waiting to see what response they get they might sell it.

But on the VE i think everyone is shitting themselves it's going to be one of 2 things GREAT or SHIT.

Blitz_
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM
the latter :), jkz jkz im sure it will be really good

SlickHolden
10-18-2005, 07:21 PM
the latter :), jkz jkz im sure it will be really good
After reading this months Motor mag they seem excited by it a little but not as much as the holden dudes that built it:D.
This new rear will be a killer it will be the best in the land no doubt. But! I think the front will need to catch up with it a little but i might be wrong? Time will tell:).

Blitz_
10-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Yer of course, it will definetely be best in the land, imagine releasing a new generation commodore that inferior to the BF, bleh, i would laugh for a few days, stop, and start laughing again. But yer, it should be great, and a testament to Aussie's producing great RWD sedans. It'll be the best...until the next falcon arrives :)

TVR IS KING
10-19-2005, 01:40 AM
" Yer of course, it will definetely be best in the land, imagine releasing a new generation commodore that inferior to the BF, bleh, i would laugh for a few days, stop, and start laughing again. But yer, it should be great, and a testament to Aussie's producing great RWD sedans. It'll be the best...until the next falcon arrives "

(coodnt b bothered quoting)
lol but your awesome. i agree, how can the VE possilby be worse than a 3 year old bodied ford
lol. i would do the same thing, but there would be no break in my laughing

adrenaline
10-19-2005, 02:30 AM
If anyones interested... FPV updated their site yesterday..all BF pics there and a video aswell...

adrenaline
10-19-2005, 02:35 AM
oh yeah and...

Tom Gorman: "I love pulling up to a Holden driver, especially when he wishes he is in my car"

just thought that was funny...and itll annoy slickholden:) jkz

TVR IS KING
10-19-2005, 03:44 AM
...whats the difference between a pursuit and a....superpursuit...
shudder.

2ndclasscitizen
10-19-2005, 04:14 AM
oh yeah and...

Tom Gorman: "I love pulling up to a Holden driver, especially when he wishes he is in my car"

they'll be thinking that, right up until the holden/HSV is watching the ford/FPV get smaller in his rear view mirror

adrenaline
10-19-2005, 04:34 AM
...whats the difference between a pursuit and a....superpursuit...
shudder.

The difference between a GT and GT-P

TVR IS KING
10-19-2005, 04:36 AM
i dont know what that is either.

adrenaline
10-19-2005, 04:44 AM
i dont know what that is either.

umm....more packed into it.....silver front/ rear mesh....brembos...stripes no cost...leather...better seats...better rims...and other luxury appointments....basically when GT/ Pursuit isnt enough

GT; GT-P

TVR IS KING
10-19-2005, 04:50 AM
ahh i c, thank you. when i was on the FPV site, it lokos like the super pursuits rims were exactly the same as the HSV VX GTS rims. i mean ont exactly but close. just first glance tho...

Colty
10-19-2005, 05:13 AM
You know something now your just being ****en stupid.
Why do people buy these performence cars over the XR And SS. They want that extra bit over them models. And the last thing they want is something the same or similar.

LoL you didnt read exactly what i said. I didnt say it looks like a EXEC, because it doesnt. I simply said it looks closer to an exec than the GT looks to a XT.

SlickHolden
10-19-2005, 05:25 AM
oh yeah and...

I have had dial up internet for 4 years @ 18k Not much can annoy me more then that:p.
But i just hired a Ford Terra:eek: But must admit i was happy to step back into the VP:)

LoL you didnt read exactly what i said. I didnt say it looks like a EXEC, because it doesnt. I simply said it looks closer to an exec than the GT looks to a XT.
Butit doesnt cause 2 things. HSV have made a big effort to change the rear as much as they could (reason) Rumour has it they wern't to impressed with Holdens VY rear so set out to change it as much as possible. The XT rear is in the GT lights boot etc, We got up front and it's differnt grill front area etc, GT XT share lights grill with differnt backing. It's as it moves to the XR's is where i have been saying they don't sepperate the 2 enough as the BF got the new front with fog lights so did the FPV's again designed off there new front not a design of there own that is more out there and away they are happy just going a little beond the XR's.

It's easy bring some front pics of the BF XR8 And BF GT and we will have a look. Also it might not be there fault as FPV might still have to answer to Ford. Where's HSV don't have to answer to Holden there relationship is a little more long distant:D

adrenaline
10-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Ok here are the pictures of the BF GT/ BF XR8....

SlickHolden
10-19-2005, 05:52 AM
Very close they went to the same shop for lunch:D
You know the new FPV front look like the V8 supercars more now.

adrenaline
10-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Butit doesnt cause 2 things. HSV have made a big effort to change the rear as much as they could (reason) Rumour has it they wern't to impressed with Holdens VY rear so set out to change it as much as possible. The XT rear is in the GT lights boot etc, We got up front and it's differnt grill front area etc, GT XT share lights grill with differnt backing. It's as it moves to the XR's is where i have been saying they don't sepperate the 2 enough as the BF got the new front with fog lights so did the FPV's again designed off there new front not a design of there own that is more out there and away they are happy just going a little beond the XR's.

It's easy bring some front pics of the BF XR8 And BF GT and we will have a look. Also it might not be there fault as FPV might still have to answer to Ford. Where's HSV don't have to answer to Holden there relationship is a little more long distant:D

They look similarISH on screen but in the metal they are very different. I would say that the BF FPVs and XRs have become similar in shape, but u wouldnt dare say they are too alike.

And whats the big deal anyway? It doesnt matter if the GT bears a resemblance to an XR or a clubbie to an Exec...At the end of the day the fight is between GT ans Clubsport. They are both beautiful cars but with the arrival of the BF, the GT looks better hands down. Its packin the sexy front treatment, the fat looking exhaust, the stripes if thats ur thing, and whatever else IMO. Clubbie is lookin a bit plain next to the BF GT but thats not to say its ugly..its beautiful..but GT has that extra appeal..thats my take anyways

adrenaline
10-19-2005, 06:02 AM
Very close they went to the same shop for lunch:D
You know the new FPV front look like the V8 supercars more now.

Hope theyre havin salads or somethin...i hear theyre on a diet...

They say they want to mimic V8 styling...that means the same lower intake will be there for a while...

SlickHolden
10-19-2005, 07:50 AM
They look similarISH on screen but in the metal they are very different. I would say that the BF FPVs and XRs have become similar in shape, but u wouldnt dare say they are too alike.

And whats the big deal anyway? It doesnt matter if the GT bears a resemblance to an XR or a clubbie to an Exec...At the end of the day the fight is between GT ans Clubsport. They are both beautiful cars but with the arrival of the BF, the GT looks better hands down. Its packin the sexy front treatment, the fat looking exhaust, the stripes if thats ur thing, and whatever else IMO. Clubbie is lookin a bit plain next to the BF GT but thats not to say its ugly..its beautiful..but GT has that extra appeal..thats my take anyways
But when you buy these hot cars the last thing you want is a Commodore.
Tell any HSV owner they have just a Commodore and stand back fast:p They go off like a rocket:D
It's like the reason HSV want to keep the LS2 to themselves exclusive for a couple more models they want to keep the gap between them and Holden or people might as well buy a SS or SV8.

Blitz_
10-19-2005, 07:58 AM
But when you buy these hot cars the last thing you want is a Commodore.
Tell any HSV owner they have just a Commodore and stand back fast:p They go off like a rocket:D
It's like the reason HSV want to keep the LS2 to themselves exclusive for a couple more models they want to keep the gap between them and Holden or people might as well buy a SS or SV8.

indeed, i guess for some reasons, the target market is slightly different for FPV and HSV because of some key elements such as the way they approach a new model or minor change in their range. IMHO, i still think the GT or GT-P beats the Clubbie for looks hands down, those rims are f_@($! chunky and look the bit, lol notice how rim sizes are getting bigger all the time, me thinks in 5 years, you'll go down the buy a GT or Clubbie with 24' rims, standard of course, with the optional 28' :D :D Also i think, for rivalry sake, that hsv should have the LS2 to themselves, and FPV have a larger engine. What are the larger Ford engines?? Oh yer, ur still too fat GT, lose some weight...

SlickHolden
10-19-2005, 08:22 AM
indeed, i guess for some reasons, the target market is slightly different for FPV and HSV because of some key elements such as the way they approach a new model or minor change in their range. IMHO, i still think the GT or GT-P beats the Clubbie for looks hands down, those rims are f_@($! chunky and look the bit, lol notice how rim sizes are getting bigger all the time, me thinks in 5 years, you'll go down the buy a GT or Clubbie with 24' rims, standard of course, with the optional 28' :D :D Also i think, for rivalry sake, that hsv should have the LS2 to themselves, and FPV have a larger engine. What are the larger Ford engines?? Oh yer, ur still too fat GT, lose some weight...
They might be to scared to live outisde the box FPV look what happen last time Ford went outside the box the AU was born and they wont make that mistake again.

They say the 20" rims will be option on the VE HSV's.

Ford Donks??? Whish FPV_GTHO was here:D I think they can play with the GT40's Supercharge engine if they want.

What else is around i'm not sure but i think they would have there eye on something like they did with the Stangs donk they made it bigger and better.

Blitz_
10-20-2005, 02:02 AM
Were is FPV_GTHO?? did he get grounded?? lol damn he hasn't been around for a bit. Anyway, yer, i wouldnt mind a falcon with a 6.0L + engine in it, good for the rivarly and good for fuel economy! but..a supercharger? when was the last time ford, or tickford, for that matter offered a supercharged engine? i don't remember being one, so it would kind of be new, and perhaps good, but i remember holden's and hsv's attempts at supercharged engines, i.e xu6 ( was that supercharged ? ) lol it was a pretty crap attempt anyway, the xv6 is OK, but i h8 the rims.

Noooo don't think too far outside the box FPV, i don't want something like the arrow being made again, but i do remember the 300+, i loved that car, saw it a few times at motor shows in perth, the sedan looks great.

TVR IS KING
10-20-2005, 02:19 AM
yeah where is fpv gtho...i think the XU6 was supercharged...i dont see many so i forget the rims, arnt they like VT SS's?

SlickHolden
10-20-2005, 03:17 AM
The XU6 would have been better if they open it up a bit. This engine with a $1200 Yella terra blow kit would double+ the Nm and gibe you about 230kw of power. Now just amagine that a XU6 with 230kw power and 600Nm Torque:eek: Nothing would beat that off the lights. But Holden and HSV never got into the engine and just left it boring when it could have been somehting much better for sure.

I did see a couple of engine on the FoMoCo webiste a Duratec donk about 6.8Lt i think it was?.

The First VT SS had a option of V6 Supercharge engine some took it up:p.

The Arrows was one ugly car for sure. But yeah that 300+ coupe was alright to best looking AU i seen.

FPV_GTHO is off Blue_Supra was saying his PC has died on him poor bugger just as he made it to MOD:(.

TVR IS KING
10-20-2005, 03:26 AM
whats the arrows?
id like an ss with a supercharged v6 :D

SlickHolden
10-20-2005, 04:09 AM
If i had the V6 Supercharge i would get a yella terra blow kit before i bought the car:D That kit is so cheap and so bloody great imagine that 50%+ extra Torque:eek: on the power side it's not huge in numbers but that torque is:)

Arrows F1 team built a AU Coupe with Supercharged engine and they called it the Arrows it was green Ugly front and back but had a Big Donk with something like almost 400kw power.

Blitz_
10-20-2005, 04:45 AM
yet i heard about that, good kit, cheap and great torque increae, HSV should have gone through with it, instead the 'phoon is whooping ass. The arrow, great power, ugly, and the power didnt justify the times it was getting, almost 400kw, and only mid 13s, not enough...

Colty
10-20-2005, 04:49 AM
I dont think FPV will be needing a large engine anytime soon. The BOSS can make enormous amounts of power by just fiddling with the computer. What the GT needs, is to lose alot of weight. If they can take 200kg out of it, then itll be a winner.

SlickHolden
10-20-2005, 10:41 AM
I don't know about that i thought Fpv_gtho said that 5.4lt didnt have to much left in it like the LS1. You can make big power out of it but reliabilty might start to hurt them.

I read somewhere HSV left the Same exhuast and air box on the VZ's from the VY's. They say changing them 2 things will give them 30+kw's. That's not including exstracters yet. Holden will have a hell of a time making the LS2 less powerful if HSV got 297 when holding back. We might see the VTII SS come back 6 mufflers big ristrictions:(.

On the Ford website i seen 2 big engines but i was wrong earlyer calling them duratec i forgot the names but. They were a 6lt V10 and 6.8lt Turbo Diseal. They come from big trucks and that is where it seems the big capacity is over there in the trucks cause it's 4.6lt and 5.4lt in sedans only.

fpv_gtho
10-21-2005, 02:29 AM
FPV_GTHO is off Blue_Supra was saying his PC has died on him poor bugger just as he made it to MOD:(.

Yup. Computer got some trojan virus, wouldnt let me log into XP (even though i had it configured to log in automatically). Had to get the whole thing reformatted, that took about 3 weeks cause i was waiting for a friend to do it rather than get an IT guy to do it and charge who knows how much...now because its been wiped, i lost the software for the modem so i cant get on the net and the same friend's trying to get something sorted out there. Right now im at my dads for the weekend and hes got ADSL...

I don't know about that i thought Fpv_gtho said that 5.4lt didnt have to much left in it like the LS1. You can make big power out of it but reliabilty might start to hurt them.

Sounds like something ive said. FPV's engineers were quoted as saying in early 2003 that strictly efficiency speaking, theres not much improvement in the engine powerwise. That leaves FPV in the connundrum that if they cant make the engine more efficient, cant get it to rev harder, they need to rely on forced induction for serious (i.e. HO expectation levels) gains.

FPV wouldve benefited greatly from the shelved Hurricane V8 project Ford US had going last year. Basically it was the current 5.4 running a wider bore to bring the capacity up to 6.2L. Alot of the groundwork had already been set with the 5L Cammer crate engine in the Mustang GTR concept using a 94mm bore over the 4.6's standard 90mm bore.

Blitz_
10-21-2005, 06:11 AM
sounds pretty good to me, even though it is a shelved project. If they were to use this 6.2L engine, wat would be the expected price and power increases? Would FPV still use the 5.4 for the next range of totally revamped vehicles or use the 6.2 across the range? i wouldn't have a clue to be honest, but with the release of the BF GT's and what not, which by the way look bloody terrific, im awaiting a HO spec more than ever, its been itching at me for so long. Hahaha damn you FPV, give us a teaser, anything!!

SlickHolden
10-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Yup. Computer got some trojan virus, wouldnt let me log into XP (even though i had it configured to log in automatically). Had to get the whole thing reformatted, that took about 3 weeks cause i was waiting for a friend to do it rather than get an IT guy to do it and charge who knows how much...now because its been wiped, i lost the software for the modem so i cant get on the net and the same friend's trying to get something sorted out there. Right now im at my dads for the weekend and hes got ADSL...

Sounds like something ive said. FPV's engineers were quoted as saying in early 2003 that strictly efficiency speaking, theres not much improvement in the engine powerwise. That leaves FPV in the connundrum that if they cant make the engine more efficient, cant get it to rev harder, they need to rely on forced induction for serious (i.e. HO expectation levels) gains.

FPV wouldve benefited greatly from the shelved Hurricane V8 project Ford US had going last year. Basically it was the current 5.4 running a wider bore to bring the capacity up to 6.2L. Alot of the groundwork had already been set with the 5L Cammer crate engine in the Mustang GTR concept using a 94mm bore over the 4.6's standard 90mm bore.
Shit mate if i was under 2 hours away from you i would have done the PC for you in 3 hours mate:( All for a diet Coke:)
Them bloody c&#ts that send virus i wonder was it MSN i'm shitting about that one.

Do you know much about the 6.0lt and 6.8lt donks in the U.S trucks?

TVR IS KING
10-21-2005, 05:49 PM
yay, super person with the most posts ever is back.

Colty
10-21-2005, 11:42 PM

poor u :( dial up modem or ADSL?

Sounds like something ive said. FPV's engineers were quoted as saying in early 2003 that strictly efficiency speaking, theres not much improvement in the engine powerwise.

meh, ive heard different :o

fpv_gtho
10-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Do you know much about the 6.0lt and 6.8lt donks in the U.S trucks?

Pretty sure the 6L is a DOHC Turbo Diesel that replaced the 7.3L in the F250's we get, and the 6.8L is a petrol V10 based off the 5.4's cylinder dimensions somewhat, but only SOHC.

meh, ive heard different

Well remember im only talking about the engine efficiency. During development they had the engine at 300kw with a different intake runner, and now theyre running dual exhausts they "should" be producing more power there, but theyre likely just keeping it at 290kw for saving grace.

SlickHolden
10-22-2005, 07:08 AM
meh, ive heard different :o
Well take the LS1 HSV took it to the limit but how easy they could give it more power, But it's like my CPU i am over it's limit it's a 1.8Gh/z but i have it running at 2.4Gh/z Now that strains everything on my PC now it's been tested and set to this speed but it's not going to last me as long as it would have if i left it standard. I have already done the Power supply this year and 2 sticks of ram. But that's my fault i wanted it like that. So if FPV start giving engines out that go past it's limits they just need 10 to come back with problems and it will cost them money and trouble they don't need. So they stay within the limits or just push them slightly to offer the best package they can. If people want more power they will get it on there own then that's there responsibility on the reliability just like me with the PC.

TVR IS KING
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
lol good comparison.
i have a question for you slick. there is an enormous amount of r33 skylins on the aussie streets, and no shortage of r32s as well, why have i never seen an r34?
theyre so popular among ricers, how come they dont seem to exist?
its almost a mythical car to me, like it doesnt actually exist. or like a tvr, im never likely to EVER see one on the roads.

SlickHolden
10-23-2005, 01:46 AM
lol good comparison.
i have a question for you slick. there is an enormous amount of r33 skylins on the aussie streets, and no shortage of r32s as well, why have i never seen an r34?
theyre so popular among ricers, how come they dont seem to exist?
its almost a mythical car to me, like it doesnt actually exist. or like a tvr, im never likely to EVER see one on the roads.
They might just be very rare cause i'm sure they will be here somewhere.
Maybe They don't bring them to the country maybe it's just people import them by themselves???. I have not seen one also.
Hang on wasn't some young p-plater killed driving one not to long ago and we spoke of it some time back that might have been the car that made the laws cramp all p-platers??? It's the one that's got 500HP or more yeah?? AWD.
http://www.sutv.zaq.ne.jp/ryu2000/r34gt-rbia.jpg http://www.sutv.zaq.ne.jp/ryu2000/r34gt-rback.jpg http://www.sutv.zaq.ne.jp/ryu2000/r34gt-rengin2.jpg

TVR IS KING
10-23-2005, 01:54 AM
i dont remember..
how could they not send the r34 here? it would seem that the r33 and r32 were hugely popular...the r34 shouldve been a shoe in
despite how many times ive seen pics..they do look nice dont they

SlickHolden
10-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Yes maybe the best looking one they ever done and i bet they went like a bat outta hell to:D

TVR IS KING
10-23-2005, 02:19 AM
maybe? it was the best without a doubt IMO. lol ya reckon they wood!
wouldnt they be a great drive i wish they were in aus more..:(

2ndclasscitizen
10-23-2005, 03:09 AM
it was 800hp. There's a few R34s around. There's an R34 GTR V-Spec 2 around in canberra, a couple of GTS and GTS-Ts and there's a 4-door near me as well

SlickHolden
10-23-2005, 04:43 AM
Maybe the They are so exclusive they are just made to order? You want one they will get it in.

clutch-monkey
10-23-2005, 05:19 AM
Maybe the They are so exclusive they are just made to order? You want one they will get it in.
there's plenty of turbo coupes kicking around, just go to any car meet you also see them on the streets. GTR's are not as common, but you can still catch a couple if you look around.

2ndclasscitizen
10-23-2005, 05:21 AM
i'm pretty sure the R34 was available the same as all the previous ones

Esperante
10-23-2005, 09:45 AM
It breaks my heart when I see the Fords the US isn't getting. :(

SlickHolden
10-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Like GM they are Stupid:D.

TVR IS KING
10-23-2005, 07:01 PM
wow that changed subject pretty fast...

clutch-monkey
10-23-2005, 08:23 PM
It breaks my heart when I see the Fords the US isn't getting. :(
you have fun with your mazda 6 based FWD sedans :p:D

TVR IS KING
10-23-2005, 11:37 PM
lol. ew american passenger cars...saturns..oldsmobiles...
ew.
cadillacs r hot tho

SlickHolden
10-24-2005, 12:06 AM
lol. ew american passenger cars...saturns..oldsmobiles...
ew.
cadillacs r hot tho
Caddys over in N/A are only good cause it's real RWD 4 door V8 Rare:D
Here RWD 4 Door V8's are like blonde girls common and hot:D

TVR IS KING
10-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Caddys over in N/A are only good cause it's real RWD 4 door V8 Rare:D
Here RWD 4 Door V8's are like blonde girls common and hot:D

lol yeah.
but cadillacs have sharp styling as well
everything else is just so goddam boring

Colty
10-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Well take the LS1 HSV took it to the limit but how easy they could give it more power, But it's like my CPU i am over it's limit it's a 1.8Gh/z but i have it running at 2.4Gh/z Now that strains everything on my PC now it's been tested and set to this speed but it's not going to last me as long as it would have if i left it standard. I have already done the Power supply this year and 2 sticks of ram. But that's my fault i wanted it like that. So if FPV start giving engines out that go past it's limits they just need 10 to come back with problems and it will cost them money and trouble they don't need. So they stay within the limits or just push them slightly to offer the best package they can. If people want more power they will get it on there own then that's there responsibility on the reliability just like me with the PC.

Some CPU's Overclock better than others too :p

TVR IS KING
10-24-2005, 01:04 AM
AUSTRALIAN PEOPLE READ ALL OF THIS!

hey slick holden? youre from aus!. thats why im asking you this. ever been in a toyota landcruiser? the 100 series?
ill post a pic...
no doubt youve seen them before...no doubt in the world.
BUT my point is, they have this terrible mirror. on the passenger side sun visor, there is a mirror. so what? there is a mirror there on many cars. my mothers toyota lexcen for example, has one that is molded into the visor and has a slide bak flap to cover it.
the landcruiser, has a mirror that looks like it is stuck on with glue. that would be cheap though, and its not.
ITS STUCK ON WITH DOUBLE SIDED TAPE.
i asked my friend, saying toyota couldnt possibly have made trim that cheap, but they got the car from the factory brand new.
so there is a mirror taped to the visor. it is square, with sharp edges and crappy sides...
it is, in all truth, a square mirror, just a mirror, that has been taped on

FIND A 100 SERIES and sit in it.

ps heres my crappy pic.

adrenaline
10-24-2005, 01:12 AM
WTF! :eek: Freaking jap engineers lol...time to buy a Nissan Patrol:D

TVR IS KING
10-24-2005, 01:21 AM
lol yay. it really is terrible. they have a new model and i hope its fixed. in a world where cars can be demoted in ratings because 'the plastics look cheap', they have stuck a square piece of glass on with tape.

SlickHolden
10-24-2005, 08:31 AM
ALERT!!! There is a shortage of Sticky tape in the world, Reason why Cause it's all been bought out by Toyota:p

I have seen them but never been in one but i'll jump in one next time i can at a dealers somewhere:D

Some CPU's Overclock better than others too :p
And that is the reason why they cant risk it on all of them cause some will go forever and some wont not worth the risk for some extra numbers:)

TVR IS KING
10-24-2005, 07:49 PM
you really have to.