PDA

View Full Version : S Class

bagehot
04-29-2003, 05:31 AM
I've personally driven an S Class (the S320 CDI to be precise) and I must say I wasn't impressed with it as a driver's car. Yes, it is a magnificent cruiser and the most comfortable car I've ever been in; but you just don't get much feedback from the car, it's just too "neutral" when cornering, and that in my opinion doesn't make it a very safe car to drive through a twisty road at high speeds. It does behave better in a motorway, and 180-200km/h cruising is within easy reach.

But anyway, an Audi A4 TDi is a more satisfying car to drive in my opinion. It lacks a bit on power, and the brakes are not top notch in terms of stopping ability, but it has very high cornering limits and conveys much more information than the Mercedes.

elfangor
04-30-2003, 09:41 PM
I'm sure the A4 is a better "driver's car" as you would call it. But this is a pointless comparison as I can think of many cars which "convey more information" than, say, an Audi A8.

Kossy
04-30-2003, 10:01 PM
While the competition delivers a better ride than the S Class, the A4 and S class arent really competitors.

enicarie
05-06-2003, 08:44 PM
elfangor's right. How can you compare a S-classe with an A4. Anyway mercedes is the best.

kinan.f
05-07-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Kossy
While the competition delivers a better ride than the S Class, the A4 and S class arent really competitors.
The S-class is originally made for executives,CEOs,etc but any way if you're demanding that cornering professioncy why not try the S55 from AMG as it certainly won't disappoint you.