PDA

View Full Version : This is why i hate most* Americans

UCR
10-15-2005, 03:36 AM
http://lolblog.com/comments/516/Ackbar%20Vs%20Porsche%20911%20GT2_1.html

He won a race the Gt2 wasnt even in, good for him.

spi-ti-tout
10-15-2005, 03:52 AM
And of course, they don't like WRC cars very much so that's another one...

6'bore
10-15-2005, 03:57 AM
lol, 3 points on that.

1> It wasn't a GT2
2> Everytime he caught up with him and took over him he was on the slow down.
3> If it was a GT2, he would have been seriously embarrased

UCR
10-15-2005, 03:59 AM
lol, 3 points on that.

1> It wasn't a GT2
Looks like a carrera 4 or turbo but on pistonheads some guy said it was a GT2

6'bore
10-15-2005, 04:02 AM
Looks like a carrera 4 or turbo but on pistonheads some guy said it was a GT2

To me it didnt even look like a turbo. Don't turbo's have a small wing attached to the back? And he only had the raised one?

Or am I just being sily?...

RazaBlade
10-15-2005, 04:06 AM
No it was a Turbo, but was it just me or half way through, there was a cut scene when the Turbo was back in front and the scene got cut short...hhmmm. And just as 6'bore said, the only reason he caught up was that the car was slowing.

UCR
10-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Lets just say it was a 911.

RazaBlade
10-15-2005, 04:58 AM
You can work out its a Turbo, only the Turbo and the GT2 have the side intakes, but the GT2 would have a larger, raised spoiler, whereas the one in the video had one continuous with the body work, as in a Turbo.
But I hear what your saying, we might as well say 911!

Cotterik
10-15-2005, 05:54 AM
And of course, they don't like WRC cars very much so that's another one...

thats because it doesnt involve side-to-side action barging cars into ditches which i guess is what they call rallycross over there thats taken off more :p

But then again, it just hasnt taken off over there it isnt the target audience really. Just like they dont like english food in the middle east but when they come over in their thousands with their own food everyone loves it. They just need to take WRC over there.

my porsche
10-15-2005, 06:19 AM
"dukes of hazard bitch, ****ing porsshhhshshshs gt2 gtes ****ing owned! hahaha"

what a dipshit :mad: what kind of car were they in? cuz it souned like shit

Matra et Alpine
10-15-2005, 06:27 AM
I liked the induction sound. You dont' beat open intakes. For me always a nicer sound than the "ricer"/"modern muscle" emphasis on exhaust.

But yeah, what a dip !!!!!!!! Had a good laugh though. Especially at the bit comin on to the freeway, it took AGES getting up to speed :D

"Clevor" Angel
10-15-2005, 06:33 AM
It looks like he was in a mustang to me, not entirely sure, but it didn't sound bad. That was pretty annoying listening to them rant on an on, I f***ing hate people like that. Theres someone just like that that goes to my school and drives an Eagle Talon. He raves on and on about how it has 4wd and a turbo with over 200hp and has pulled 13.7s in the quarter mile... Ok, compared to other cars in the school parking lot, thats fast, but this dumbass hasn't even changed the oil in 2 years.

PS UCR, you have a slightly distorted view of americans.

my porsche
10-15-2005, 06:40 AM
pretty much most of the UK members have a distorted view of us :(

yeah i thought it was a mustang too, its was just too loud and farty though...i prefer high pitched (ferrari etc) or the kind of mechanical/raspy of a 911

"Clevor" Angel
10-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Can't blame them, look at our lead... well I wont go there. BTW, ever heard an 03-04 cobra with a loud blower? If you like high pitch those things could easily pierce your eardrums.

my porsche
10-15-2005, 06:48 AM
apparently i havent :p and by high pitched i dont mean loud i mean like 7,000rpm plus

"Clevor" Angel
10-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Oh, just an all around exotic car guy. Yeah I know what you mean although IMO the sound of a rumbling N/A v8 can't be beat.

forza_autodelta
10-15-2005, 06:52 AM
"dukes of hazard bitch, ****ing porsshhhshshshs gt2 gtes ****ing owned! hahaha"

what a dipshit :mad: what kind of car were they in? cuz it souned like shit
prefer the v12 of the aston perhaps?:D

UCR
10-15-2005, 06:57 AM
I just hate American peoples attitudes most of the time, the arrogance does me f'kin head in.

6'bore
10-15-2005, 07:02 AM
I assume everyone saw this?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18987

magracer
10-15-2005, 07:15 AM
From my perspective he´s just bragging about outpacing a regular bloke in his 911 Turbo when he was on his way home after work.

That redneck needs a lesson. Please throw a Ruf or Gemballa, a track and someone willing to kane it into the mix. Then he´ll see what getting owned is all about.

forza_autodelta
10-15-2005, 07:41 AM

LMAO:D

RazaBlade
10-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Oh my god.....thats real funny, but just as scary too. God help us all!

Vindesh17
10-15-2005, 08:48 AM
the porsche looked like a turbo because of the side vents infront of the rear wheels. I wanted the owner of the porsche to be a drug dealer and kill this redneck for trying to show him up.

10-15-2005, 09:02 AM
wow! you had a few more horses and when you thrashed it and he didnt you won!

F1_Master
10-15-2005, 09:46 AM
pretty much most of the UK members have a distorted view of us :(

yeah i thought it was a mustang too, its was just too loud and farty though...i prefer high pitched (ferrari etc) or the kind of mechanical/raspy of a 911
Don't worry their version of our Shelby Cobra was the reason some speeds are not allowed anymore.;)

NSXType-R
10-15-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm from America but I also don't like cars with huge engines like the one in the video. The car completely depends on the amount of liters it has. I prefer Japanese cars. Lets see it around a track. People always seem to care about quarter miles. The NSX would be running around it in circles.

TheOne
10-15-2005, 11:39 AM
remember, some cars are purpose built to be dragsters, others for the twisties and blablabla......it all depends on their opinion and what they want to do with what they have, its their money and they spend it however they want.

bout the video....well the dude though he'd beat somebody:).

and yes thats old news that everyone hates USA (aka Americans)

bout the blower whine on the cobra, that is such a kool sound:), specially when you take that blower out and put a kenne bell or whipple twin-screw.(believe Koenigsegg uses 1 of those engines, with a twin-screw supercharger)

Esprit
10-15-2005, 11:53 AM
This is why I hate SOME (not most) Europeans. Are you people getting your impressions of Americans from watching a stupid guy race...if you would even call it a race...a car that’s not even racing? My country makes bigger mistakes than two guys racing a car probably going the speed limit. This is how Europeans add to their already bad impressions of Americans? Common

blackcat77
10-15-2005, 12:06 PM
He can't even pronounce Porsche correctly but claims to be able to tell a GT2 from other models. I don't think so.

Let him take that car to the racetrack and see who wins then.

Bob
10-15-2005, 12:48 PM
This is why I hate SOME (not most) Europeans. Are you people getting your impressions of Americans from watching a stupid guy race...if you would even call it a race...a car that’s not even racing? My country makes bigger mistakes than two guys racing a car probably going the speed limit. This is how Europeans add to their already bad impressions of Americans? Common
I was about to say something similar, when I realized something... I hate most Americans too. And I hate most foreign governments. And I'm sure that if I went overseas, I would hate all the stupid ignorant people there too. Like the ones that say "this is why I hate Americans" or "this is why I hate Europeans" ;) So shut up and hate everyone equally.

Niko_Fx
10-15-2005, 01:40 PM
BTW, ever heard an 03-04 cobra with a loud blower? If you like high pitch those things could easily pierce your eardrums.

I love Cobras :) I believe this particular one is running on a KB Supercharger and lots of HP :D

http://media.putfile.com/snakebiteII

MP, check it out and you'll see what the loud blower thing is all about ;)

"Clevor" Angel
10-15-2005, 02:59 PM
I love Cobras :) I believe this particular one is running on a KB Supercharger and lots of HP :D

A whole bunch of these things around here, blue ones, yellow ones, orange ones, red ones, and all of them burnout and race around town... and it never gets old. I love hearing the blower come by and then the exhaust mixing in, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ps about this stupid "hate thing" thats now in this thread, JUST SHUT UP. How about we judge everyone by the individual, not the masses. I could say that all americans are stupid, but I wont because its not true, I could say all French are stupid, but I wont because its not true, I could say all british are stupid, but I wont because its not true... Anyone catching on yet? Its all F***ING POLITICS! NOT PEOPLE! How small a pecker do you have to have to hate any nationality, race, or group?

nota
10-15-2005, 03:21 PM
http://www.organicconsumers.org/BTC/brandname080305.cfm

"Clevor" Angel
10-15-2005, 03:31 PM
http://www.organicconsumers.org/BTC/brandname080305.cfm

Although I'm not surprised that most of the world takes a dim view of us I agree with everything else. We have always been portrayed as a bunch of playboys, narciccists, egomaniacs and rednecks. Just remember that america represents every country of the world, we are irish, scottish, german, italian, french, chinese, japanese, thai, saudi arabian, any african country you can think of. I'm not boasting anything and I'm not even expecting a good response to this post but if you insult the american PEOPLE you insult everyone. Every country is now extremely culturaly diverse but I dare you to find one as diverse as the US. I think something like 82% of American citizens are only 3rd or 4th generation, and whos great grandparents migrated here. So just think about that.

6'bore
10-15-2005, 03:33 PM

That has to be one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard :D

Matra et Alpine
10-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Every country is now extremely culturaly diverse but I dare you to find one as diverse as the US. I think something like 82% of American citizens are only 3rd or 4th generation, and whos great grandparents migrated here. So just think about that.
But each has to give up the "diversity" and pledge allegiance ?
That affects "heritage".
Also diveristy and integration are different ways to judge a culture.
Having lots of different groups of all types seperate from each other is different from integrated. Closest example in the UK are our religious schooling system which REQUIRES an authority to provide a religious-agnostuc school and a Roman Catholic school. That is diversity but NOT integration and is bad :(
My experience there is still alot of cultural isolation of these diverse groups in the US ( and in other nations too ). The Scots being some of the worst with our "Highland Gatherings" with everyone overweight, partaking stupid activities and in kilts :D

h00t_h00t
10-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Forcing people of different races would increase tensions as some people may have to take their children to a school miles away instead of the one around the corner thats has filled its white people quota.

"Clevor" Angel
10-15-2005, 10:26 PM
The US is very integrated, Canada is the same way just without the distorted politics. Granted we have china towns and the like in pretty much every major city, but thats just one part of any city. New York City for example, you can't walk straight through and not see obvious influences from other cultures or peoples. One minute your in china town and the next, just around the corner, your in a strictly italian neighborhood. Over in the UK its apparently different but in the US any public school is prohibited from any religous stigma as stipulated in our bill of rights. We aren't forced apart or together but people will do what people will do and if some parents want their child going to a school dominated by a specific group, thats their choice, if they want to live next to a bunch of people who have familiar roots, thats their choice. For the most part I'm agreeing with matra, but I will say that most people don't give up their heritage, they just do what everyone around them does to fit in or to see what its like, for whatever reason. Take for instance alot of jewish celebrate christmas AND hanukkah, millions of irish came over, during the potato famine especially, and as a result, Irish influence is extremely strong, we have a huge latino population as well. Its really the same in every country but most of the US is either foreign born, or has a pre-dominantly foreign family history, the same can't be said by so many people in too many other places. As for pledging allegiance, no one will deny that it meant much more back in the late 19th century and early 20th than it does now, but those people were happy to pledge. Nationality meant nothing, all they cared about was feeding their families and earning a living however they could and the US was a perfect place to do so.

Matra et Alpine
10-16-2005, 03:59 PM
to hoot and Clevor.

Guys read back and consider he differnce between diversity and integration.

Each of your comments seem to confirm that the US is NOT "integrated" :( and yet that's not what I think you meant to say .... or is it ???

Lots of diversity and not integrated ?

"Clevor" Angel
10-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Its a fine line apparently. Are you trying to say that the US is segregated on nationality or racial lines? I'm meeting you half way on this. Even you will admit that no country is fully "integrated" as you say, the US is no different. Yes, we are integrated, no we aren't a "we are the world" society but we aren't forced to like eachother so it works. It works everywhere, not just here, you can't make people do something they don't want to do, its like making someone eat a sandwich made of crap. No, you wont come here and see a bunch of friends having fun, but thats not something you'd see anywhere, unless your in a commune. Textbook definitions don't work in real life. Utopias don't work and never will, not in real life. I don't know exactly why we're arguing about the difference between definitions. I do know that the title of this thread is wholey inappropriate and thats what I originally wanted to address. If you hate americans go express it to some other forum I'm sure their are plenty of forums like that out there. THIS is a car forum first and foremost. My arguement really isn't with you its UCR but he never seems to want to defend his position.

kennyknoxville
10-16-2005, 07:11 PM
damn thats a fast stang

Zytek_Fan
10-16-2005, 07:26 PM
On the track the Porsche would kick the Mustang's ass

Zytek_Fan
10-16-2005, 07:32 PM
There is a hidden meaning to the torch on the statue of liberty

scottie300z
10-16-2005, 07:40 PM
I think that the US has more diversity and cultures then say england and that can be proven if the right resources were easily available. So really that sort of is a mute point, and the pledge of alliegance dosn't effect culture or diversity that much if any at all. Its more of a patriotic showing now anyways. But what is the point is any thread titled similar is ignorant. First off why would you hate a nation based on one video? Secondly most americans are not like that, only ones in videos like this. So unless you have a significant amount of contact with a large number of americans then you dont know what most americans are like. And frankly, ive seen videos of people similar to this in various other countries, doesnt mean i hate that country.

And as far as the americans dont like rally thing, most americans never even heard of it because it isnt exactly offered to us the same as it is in other countries.

And as far as the video...it sucked. i dislike that* american.

Matra et Alpine
10-17-2005, 03:13 AM
it's not "argument" , it's "debate" :)

it was mainly for hoot who only seemed to see "integration" as forced.
It's really about ENABLING and EMPOWERING.
If there is any "forcing" I'd suggest requiring everyoen to pledge allegienace is an example of "wrong way". Sadly the political nutters in the UK are now suggestign we should have somethign similar. They see that as the solution to the lack of integration by some communities. Clearly insane :(

All your points C, are a given and succinctly put.

Don't get upset if Jim (UCR) doesn't come back on it :D

and Scottie, your comment on more in US than "England" PROVES the point about their being a difference between divers and integrated. MOST immigrants to the UK "INTEGRATE" so that they are not discernable from anyone else. THAT is proper integration of society. Over here it is then VERY clear when we have communities who retain their cultural links and seperate themselves. The US has so much wide spaces that I dont' think it's alwasy as obvious. "Diverse but not integrated" in the UK stand out liek sore thumbs !! PS: If you ever get the chance to come to UK you will find as many as the US ( possibly more as the old Commonwealth made the UK an easier emmigration ) jsut you may not see as many PEOPLE as we are a much smaller nation :D

man 430gt
10-17-2005, 04:25 AM
lol, 3 points on that.

1> It wasn't a GT2
I was just gonna say that, like that shity rice car could take on a GT2?

Coventrysucks
10-17-2005, 04:28 AM
I think that the US has more diversity and cultures then say england and that can be proven

Well mine's louder.

Why does it matter to anyone but Americans that they can be proven to be the most culturally diverse nation in the world?

It isn't going to make everyone else suddenly like you.

If your greatest cultural export is going to be TV and film that depicts most Americans as idiots, people in other countries can't be blamed for believing it.

Also if you are going to have an Aggressive foreign policy, people are going to think that Americans support it, and therefore are agressive in nature.

2ndclasscitizen
10-17-2005, 05:03 AM
australia is very multi cultural. After WW2, a whole heap of immigrants came from europe, built the snowy scheme and settled and did very well for themselves, and during the 1800s gold rush, HEAPS of asian people came to australia. There's probably people with asian heritage at my uni more australian than me. Of course these days, Senator "No thats my pie, goddamn it" Vanstone will just lock you up in a detetion center for 5 years then deport you to the middle east or indonesia

nota
10-17-2005, 08:06 AM
.. I dare you to find one as diverse as the US. I think something like 82% of American citizens are only 3rd or 4th generation, and whos great grandparents migrated here.
Oz consists of people from over 200 countries. Almost one quarter of our current population were born overseas, and another 20% are children of immigrants - so 45% in one generation!

I'm 6th generation but going further back the non-indigenous ratio would be like 99% :p

scottie300z
10-17-2005, 08:19 AM
I was agreeing they dont fully integrate. Im in texas and i can tell you, people from south of the border really dont integrate that much. But thats just another reason why you cant say you hate most* americans. They are so different from each other. Sure they may not integrate fully but its not like they stay the same either. There are still differences from the ones who come over here and dont integrate much from the ones that stay in their countries. Sure after some time i guess you could say an american culture has developed but its also reasonable to still say that most* or a large amount of americans are still effected from outside cultures even if they are native americans. I know numerous people whos great grandparents came here and they still practice some of the cultures of that country even though never having been there. But for the most part thats really what America was supposed to be in the first place. I guess you could say the people here effect how the country is more so then the country effecting them. Example being school employess in texas having to learn spanish. Even though i dont think they should, but this is just an example.

scottie300z
10-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Well mine's louder.

Why does it matter to anyone but Americans that they can be proven to be the most culturally diverse nation in the world?

It isn't going to make everyone else suddenly like you.

If your greatest cultural export is going to be TV and film that depicts most Americans as idiots, people in other countries can't be blamed for believing it.

Also if you are going to have an Aggressive foreign policy, people are going to think that Americans support it, and therefore are agressive in nature.

I wasnt tryint to prove that we were the most diverse nation, i read an earlier post and thought it said we werent at all. (i didnt bring up the subject) Im sorry i hurt your feelings. Why do you feel like saying your culture is louder? do you think everyone else will suddenly like you?

If you base people off of stuff you saw on tv (which is scripted by the way, and therefor NOT real) then that reflects your general intelligence. And you should be blamed for believing it. What you see on tv is not a good representation of american life or americans. If it were, then it would not be entertaining to watch, as we could just live out those moments ourselves.

Once again with the foreign policy, still not a good way to know how american people are. If i look at the majority of other governments in the world id say every one else likes to kiss america's ass, but is that the case? The point is, if you really DONT know how people of any country REALLY are then maybe you shouldnt hate them, or make GENERALIZATIONS. which your whole post was.

And just so you know, americans may tend to say they are the most diverse country, or a really diverse country, because so many people may generalizations about americans that we just want to point out there are MANY different types of americans. So you really dont know what your talking about when you make generalizations.

Matra et Alpine
10-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Example being school employess in texas having to learn spanish. Even though i dont think they should, but this is just an example.
Wales and Scotland have had that for hundreds of years :D

Most government publications in the UK are published in about 7 languages to cover the more common connonwelath emigree languages.

Translation services are available for these languages in government offices and departments and call centres.

Not saying this is good or bad. Just trygin to expand knowledge :)

I'm torn, IF a government forces a language then they may improve integration but can cause problems. IF they support all languages then it gets very expensive and in part makes integration at the social level more difficult later as language doesn nto HAVE to be learned.

scottie300z
10-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Wales and Scotland have had that for hundreds of years :D

Most government publications in the UK are published in about 7 languages to cover the more common connonwelath emigree languages.

Translation services are available for these languages in government offices and departments and call centres.

Not saying this is good or bad. Just trygin to expand knowledge :)

I'm torn, IF a government forces a language then they may improve integration but can cause problems. IF they support all languages then it gets very expensive and in part makes integration at the social level more difficult later as language doesn nto HAVE to be learned.

I agree with you on both parts of that. But i tend to agree w/ forcing the native language on them. It makes it really hard to function in society like you said. I used to work in a retail store and we would get people everyonce in awhile who knew no english at all but needed help with items. It made it really hard to give them the help they needed, and if it affects that this much i could just imagine how their whole day is.

henk4
10-17-2005, 08:51 AM
I agree with you on both parts of that. But i tend to agree w/ forcing the native language on them. It makes it really hard to function in society like you said. I used to work in a retail store and we would get people everyonce in awhile who knew no english at all but needed help with items. It made it really hard to give them the help they needed, and if it affects that this much i could just imagine how their whole day is.

That's why our high school system up to recently asked you to learn three foreign languages next to Dutch. That comes in very handy. I am not aware that studying any foreign language is mandatory in the USA

scottie300z
10-17-2005, 08:56 AM
That's why our high school system up to recently asked you to learn three foreign languages next to Dutch. That comes in very handy. I am not aware that studying any foreign language is mandatory in the USA

It is, you have to learn one other language of you choice. Or well, they have a certain amount of foreign language credits you have to get, so i guess you could choose multiple languages. But w/ the spanish in schools, they are forcing the staff to learn it or they get fired.

henk4
10-17-2005, 08:58 AM
It is, you have to learn one other language of you choice. Or well, they have a certain amount of foreign language credits you have to get, so i guess you could choose multiple languages. But w/ the spanish in schools, they are forcing the staff to learn it or they get fired.

I can hardly remember to have met any american who speaks anything but English, but surely there must be quite a few though

scottie300z
10-17-2005, 09:07 AM
I can hardly remember to have met any american who speaks anything but English, but surely there must be quite a few though

In all honesty, if they have only taken a foreign language in high school, they most likely forgot how to speak it. Then if it is required in college for their particular degree, they are most likely pretty fluent actually. But your right the majority of americans whoso family tree have been here awhile, know only a little of a foreign language, not enough really to function other places well.

10-17-2005, 09:11 AM
in the UK your are forced to learn English and French, certain schools give you a chance to learn Spanish or German (i took the latter)

6'bore
10-17-2005, 09:11 AM
In the U.S., you'll find battle-worn modded V8 pony cars worth less than $10 grand in just about every small town, and dozens and dozens of them in the cities, that in a straight line, will absolutely mutilate a 996TT, even a GT2, until they run out of gearing at about 150 mph. 1985-1993 5.0L Mustangs with aftermarket heads, intake, cam and a heavy spray of Nitrous Oxide, or a strong-bottom-end stroker short block with a blower. 1996-1998 4.6L cammer Cobras with long-tube headers and blowers pumping obscene boost. 1997-2002 Camaros and Firebirds boosted or sprayed or both.

Nasty, rattly, CHEAP, and PLENTIFUL platforms that scream 120-130 mph through the 1/4 mile traps like it's nothing. They're all over the place, like stray cats at a fish market.

And then there's the import builders, but those boneheads wind up spending five times the cash just to go as fast as the V8's, and then they blow up and they start over again. I'll never understand that demented crowd.

Of course they jump up and down and get giddy when they can pull away from a 6-figure car. Can you blame them?? Most of those guys can only dream, and beating a Twin Turbo like that is like David slaying Golliath to them. The fact that the Porsche is so much more than just a drag machine means little to them. They just want to go fast, however their finances can get them there. They're just looking for a sliver of pride, as we all can't just go to a new car dealership and plunk down $100 grand to go fast.

I find with the younger crowd that if you don't put on airs, and invite them to check your car out, and educate them about the actual mechanicals and engineering of it, not just how much it cost and how special you must be to afford it, that they walk away with an appreciation for the machine and an understanding of what it's really about, not just an abject disdain for it due to its unobtainability and stereotypically snobbish owners.

Zytek_Fan
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
The 996 wasn't even trying to race them