PDA

View Full Version : Maranello Motorsport - Melbourne

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Today I was nowhere in the area, yet I still managed to convince my mother to just "drop by this place I know."
These pictures are the result. Sadly I wasn't allowed in, after many attempts to break through the door. Which is understandable with easily $AU10,000,000 worth of cars all in the one showroom. I did the best I could through the glass, I hope you all enjoy them.
And they're all high-res of course! :D
This was my first McLaren ever seen, first F50 and (obviously) first F40 GTE. These three cars alone cover around $3.8 million of this collection.
www.maranellomotorsport.com.au

Enjoy!

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Maranello Motorsport #2

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Maranello Motorsport #3

The second shot here is probably my favourite of the day, actually being able to do something with the reflections of the glass, instead of them being a massive pain in the ass. Which they were for the remainder of the time :p.

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Maranello Motorsport #4

McReis
10-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Sadly I wasn't allowed in, after many attempts to break through the door. Which is understandable with easily $AU10,000,000 worth of cars all in the one showroom. I did the best I could through the glass, I hope you all enjoy them.
Enjoy!

Have you tried to ask with the help of your mother instead of "breaking through?" I think it's not understandable that they did not let you in. After all, they were once also young boys dreaming about cars. I can't imagine why it would be a problem to let you in and shot some pics.
I hope one day they're trying to see your cars and you have the option of letting them see or not. ;)

Don't you have any pic of that Ducati bike?

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Maranello Motorsport #5

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Have you tried to ask with the help of your mother instead of "breaking through?" I think it's not understandable that they did not let you in. After all, they were once also young boys dreaming about cars. I can't imagine why it would be a problem to let you in and shot some pics.
I hope one day they're trying to see your cars and you have the option of letting them see or not. ;)

Don't you have any pic of that Ducati bike?
If I had remembered to bring the number of the store I would've called in to see if they would've allowed me in. I'm going to see if I can arrange an appointment with them, because if the showroom's not open on a friday in the middle of the day, I don't know when it would be.
I've had problems with being allowed to take pictures in showrooms before, at one the first request was "don't scratch anything, don't badge anything and don't bother me". The people in the showroom here didn't give ONE look at me or any of the other people who were gazing in.
I think it's mostly an issue of security, people aren't always able to supervise everyone in the showroom at one time, and someone can deface a car by just ducking out of sight, causing thousands of dollars' worth of damage.
But I agree, they should've let me in :p.
Sorry, bikes weren't my main priority when I was there :D. Next time I'm there I'll be sure to be a bit more thorough with that.

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Maranello Motorsport #6

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Here's the illegal shots, taken through the garage door. I would've jumped in for some quick shots if it wasn't for someone working in the back :(.

Maranello Motorsport #7

That's all folks, enjoy.

10-21-2005, 09:30 AM
i spy with my little eye something called McLaren F1...

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 09:32 AM
i spy with my little eye something called McLaren F1...
GTR#016R 1996 Team Bigazzi (Fina)
One of Nine F1 GTR Built in 1996 following McLarens exceptional 1st year at LeMans.

Finished in Papaya Orange
Repaint and refurbishment by McLaren Factory in 2005

History
1996 LeMans 24Hr - 11th Soper/Laffite/Duez
1996 BPR GT Championship Silverstone - 4th Piquet/Soper
Road registered in England and Eu taxes paid Euro $ 1,160,000.00

McReis
10-21-2005, 09:39 AM
No I see why they didn't let you in! They didn't want you to see that the roof is letting water in and that they are drinking too much beer! Look at all those barrels!

Hey! Is that a Daytona Spider in the middle of the 3 covered cars?

Sauc3
10-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Hey! Is that a Daytona Spider in the middle of the 3 covered cars?
I didn't uncover the cars (duh :p), but that's what I thought as well. The website doesn't have anything about it however, but nothing on there actually matches the shape.

Manik
10-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Whats are your peoples guesses of what cars are under that tarp, I'm guessing from the closest one is a 308, than maybe a 365 Spyder and a Dino.

bmwpower
10-21-2005, 01:30 PM
These are a beautiful set of pics man, :eek: I mean if i lived near there i would just camp in front and go on a hunger strike until they let me in :rolleyes:

dydzi
10-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Whats are your peoples guesses of what cars are under that tarp, I'm guessing from the closest one is a 308, than maybe a 365 Spyder and a Dino.

the nearest one should be ferrai 512 bb, next one can be 365 gtb/4 daytona and the last one 246gt dino

man 430gt
10-21-2005, 01:49 PM
the nearest one should be ferrai 512 bb
I agree, looks like it...

Cyco
10-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Sauc3, Give Mark a call before you head over that way next time. He was most helpful to me when I was last in the area, PM me for his mobile.

Peloton25
10-21-2005, 06:28 PM
I told him to get a hold of Mark first too. ;)

Shame about the locked door - to be that close to a McLaren F1 has to be rough. :(

On the note about that car's race history, I realize that QV500 didn't, but you should list the Silverstone race first as it happened prior to the LeMans race that year. Silverstone was, at the recommendation of Ron Dennis, the team's trial-run with #16R and #17R to prepare them for the LeMans attempt.

>8^)
ER

Zondaboy1
10-21-2005, 06:52 PM
the mclaren almost looks fake in the dealer's main picture
it looks chopped but for some strange reason.....its toataly mesmorising and calming to the nerves.......(head tilts in funny angle)
WOW

Peloton25
10-21-2005, 09:58 PM
The pictures of the orange F1 on their website were taken outside the McLaren Technology Center shortly after the car was refitted. The car just arrived in Australia within the past two or three weeks.

>8^)
ER

F1_Master
10-21-2005, 10:12 PM
That's most likely why you weren't let in.

Appointments to see expensive cars like these are a big deal with dealers. And what happened to you was a reason why its done.

Lamborghini of Dallas has appointments only for the back showroom (where the more expensive used cars are), and with a building like this holding a F50, F40, Enzo, McLaren, and that, its extremely understandable.

They don't want the public in because they don't want to bother with people who they know aren't buying anything.
Unfornately, it can lead to some salesmen having bad tempers when they deal with someone who they know won't buy a car.

Make an appointment is the only way you're most likely to get in due to the number of cars and money there.

Don't worry though. Ferrari of Dallas was a bit skeptical of me when I first walked through their doors when they were located near Classic BMW. I was told "Don't touch the cars."

Its understandable though when you see it from their point of view. I worked at Lamborghini of Dallas for a short time, and I can understand appointments now.
Many of the dealers who sell Bentleys, Aston Martins, and such are that way....

Just look at it from their point of view.
BTW, sorry for turning this into a bit of a rant.

Zytek_Fan
10-21-2005, 11:23 PM
I would go crazy taking pictures if I went to a TVR or Aston Martin dealership

2ndclasscitizen
10-22-2005, 03:35 AM
I didn't even know there was an Enzo in Australia. I love the description, "Ideal track car"

clutch-monkey
10-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I didn't even know there was an Enzo in Australia. I love the description, "Ideal track car"
well that makes 2 now doesn't it? the linfox macdonalds one and that yellow one

Cyco
10-22-2005, 06:41 AM
I think ther may be more than 2, but not all the owners are on F-Chat or at public track days (FCCA isn't 1 big happy family).

clutch-monkey
10-22-2005, 06:52 AM
I think ther may be more than 2, but not all the owners are on F-Chat or at public track days (FCCA isn't 1 big happy family).
i heard a rumour say there was 3 overall in australia, i don't know if that includes the one at the dealership

Piacki_117
10-22-2005, 07:46 AM
nice pics. I really love the last one, with the f40