PDA

View Full Version : Move Over Monaro

SHAKER
02-14-2004, 10:17 PM
What do you guys reckon about this, a convertable 2 door GT!!

fpv_gtho
02-14-2004, 10:30 PM
ive seen that pic before from where its sourced since im a member there, but i personally reckon the arse has been lowered too much. other than that theres nothing mcuh wrong with the car, for something photoshopped

fpv_gtho
02-14-2004, 10:31 PM
i also think making the left hand door trim visible is unneccesary

crisis
02-15-2004, 05:03 PM
What do you guys reckon about this, a convertable 2 door GT!!
Too low. Loose the rear spoiler and its a goer.

fpv_gtho
02-15-2004, 11:07 PM
but just imagine a possible price but. making it a 2 door convertibel from a 4 door sedan could add over $15K to the price. just look at how much a monaro costs although when you start saying its sedan equivalent you usually piss off a couple of holden fans. most would think its the SS but the Monaro's got a better interior

crisis
02-15-2004, 11:18 PM
but just imagine a possible price but. making it a 2 door convertibel from a 4 door sedan could add over $15K to the price. just look at how much a monaro costs although when you start saying its sedan equivalent you usually piss off a couple of holden fans. most would think its the SS but the Monaro's got a better interior
Its bad enough to mess with a few body panels but production cars like the Monaro have to adhere to crash tests and the like. The cost to build a convertible would be too high. I must admit to jumping in when people say the Monaro should not be dearer than a four Commodore. The logic is flawed unless you can buy a 3 series two door BMW cheaper than a four door or a two door skyline cheaper than a four door. They are lower production run cars and the price reflects that. People buy them because they are two doors, not becasue they make sense monetarily.

fpv_gtho
02-16-2004, 12:07 AM
well its the price to produce the cars and such that killed off the original falcon hardtops and Monaros, plus the impact of the oil crisis on performance

Falcon500
02-16-2004, 02:55 AM
Close but yet so far what killed the falcon hardtops and monaros was sales they wernt selling becauseof many many reasons (fuel crisis,super car sacre and so on and so forth)
With the next commadore being planned on the next world car platform that will help holden as they will already have the data for makeing convertables but granted theyll belimited numbers and my gawd theyll cost.

fpv_gtho
02-16-2004, 03:23 AM
yeah things like the 2006 VE being a global car, on a global chassis have given Bob Lutz the confidence to suggest the possibility of a Pontiac GTO Convertible. im sure without the exports the monaro would once again be dead and now because of them we may have a convertible monaro.

Falcon500
02-16-2004, 04:18 AM
yeah things like the 2006 VE being a global car, on a global chassis have given Bob Lutz the confidence to suggest the possibility of a Pontiac GTO Convertible. im sure without the exports the monaro would once again be dead and now because of them we may have a convertible monaro.
Anythings possible im wondering what other intersting things will pop up for the next GMworld car? apprentlyits going to look more like the vectra (god forbid)

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 12:01 AM
everything ive seen that holden have said have influenced the VE look like the RX-8, like the opel insignia and the chev SS

SHAKER
02-17-2004, 01:40 AM
Cant remember what thread it was on (prob the djr 320 thread) but i claimed i saw an Aussie GTO Monaro on the street one day and a couple of fellow members said that they have never heard of an Aussie GTO coupe. Since last week i have seen atleast 6 on the street and they were definatley GTO, some ranging from 255 kw to 300 kw(unless the owners put fake kw badges on the cars) which i highly doubt.

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 01:46 AM
the only aussie GTO's i know of would be the HSV GTO Coupe, which came in 255kw spec (series 1) and 260kw spec (series 2 and 3). the only 300kw coupes i know of are of course the HSV GTS Coupe

SHAKER
02-17-2004, 03:17 AM
So no GTO coupe came out with 300kw in Australia then?.i must of seen a gts coupe with the 300kw originally, it might look a little similair to the gto. I would assume the GTS is a limited edition, and the top of the hsv tree in terms of 1/4 mile and top speed ?

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 03:29 AM
well the only difference between the GTS Coupe and GTO Coupe is the alloy wheels i think, but until recently the GTS Coupe has been a regular model. From what ive seen though, the fastest HSV is a GTS sedan, i think motor got one to do 0-100 in about 5.25 seconds but HSV quotes 5.1 for both

SHAKER
02-17-2004, 03:35 AM
well the only difference between the GTS Coupe and GTO Coupe is the alloy wheels i think, but until recently the GTS Coupe has been a regular model. From what ive seen though, the fastest HSV is a GTS sedan, i think motor got one to do 0-100 in about 5.25 seconds but HSV quotes 5.1 for both

just read in modern motor that the hsv gts coupe does 0-100 in 5.29 and 1/4 mile in 13.55, they claim that the GTS coupe and sedan will be a SPECIAL order vehicle. both the auto and manual are nearly 100 000 dollars ! yikes

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 03:41 AM
well i dont think being put on the special order list is a god thing. for the VY the same happened for the XU6 and look how that ended. the GTS coupe has always been around $95K-$98K so theres no surprises there about price.

SHAKER
02-17-2004, 03:51 AM
to me it just sounds like theyre downsizing the production of them.maybe due to poor sales.....it is a lot of money for a car, even if it is a coupe.

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 03:55 AM
it could be alot of things, HSV might want their highest performance car thats easily accessible to be the Coupe4 so that it gets more initial sales. most people i'd say would go for a Coupe4 over the GTS coupe if theyve got to wait several months more for the GTS

SHAKER
02-17-2004, 04:14 AM
Itll be interesting to see how the coupe 4 sells, i would say a lot of traditionlists would hate to see there big engined v8 go the way of the subaru 4 wheel drive route.( i remember a friend of a friend who was a thru and thru holden supporter bagging out wrxs at the drags cause they couldnt do burnouts before pre staging)lol. Theyres no doubt 4 wheel drive is a better handling and safer car to drive, but will a big aussie coupe be as good to drive with all four paws compared to the rear tyre frying coupes before it? Probarbly will be, but id like to here the reviews on it, and it will be intersting to see if they stick one in the GTP championship aswell!

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 04:20 AM
well there shouldnt be anything stopping it being entered in GTP. i dunno if anyone will want to take an auto in there though.....

crisis
02-17-2004, 03:48 PM
The GTS Coupe is 300kw and I believe it has the Calloway motor of the GTS sedan.

crisis
02-17-2004, 03:50 PM
well there shouldnt be anything stopping it being entered in GTP. i dunno if anyone will want to take an auto in there though.....
I think you just answered that question.

fpv_gtho
02-17-2004, 11:52 PM
The GTS Coupe is 300kw and I believe it has the Calloway motor of the GTS sedan.

yep, the Callaway C4B LS-6 as used in the HSV GTS sedan, HSV GTS Coupe and Chev C5 Corvette Z06