PDA

View Full Version : WOW three phantoms in a desert

Zondaboy1
10-24-2005, 06:25 PM
HOLY CRAP this picture is crazy awesome
http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?action=next&model=all&make=all&batch=bt00061/bt00061_129910.JPG&location=all&page=0

i was at the same road in the same place at easter in 05. there going into a 5 star hotel 100 miles from any civilization exept for the Shake's house in the desert. when we were there, we saw a 360 Spider (pictures too big to post) and a 760
Dubai is the Sh1t for seeing cars.
my friends neighbor has a maserati
and around the corner a murcielago
people go to the grocery stores in bentleys and astons
sunday cars are :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (3 F50's an F40 and an ENZO)

btw if you go the the Burje Al Arab (7 star hotel) you can get ferried in a cream white Phantom
and i saw a 360 CS no stripes pulling up to it
and ppl in dubai treat maserati 3200gt's like there toyotas: they race them up the street and powerslide like there cheap to fix and everything

CHEESE-TACULAR
10-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Spi will tell you otherwise...nice pic though, rolls go back home?

spi-ti-tout
10-24-2005, 07:03 PM
So what, Dubai is a rich country. So is American, England and all of that lot put together.

The expensive cars belong to the very rich Sheikhs who can afford to buy them and (usually) throw them away. Dubai is not "the sh!t" for seeing cars, we have our fair share of good cars here and you just need to be in the right place at the right time to see them.

Ferrari 360's are ok here, pretty common for anything from Ferrari.
760 what?
I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Maserati or Murcielago, even with the second being rarer - there's a road very near my house which is called "Dhiyafa road" or "Dhiyafa street", you can see anything from an S-Class Vath to a Gembella 750 Cayenne, to an SLR. Another place would be Sheikh Zayed road, where I saw a Carerra GT.

People do not go to groceries in Astons and Bentleys. If they did, I'd be rich if I got a penny everytime someone did that. Over here a grocery is described as a place which is usually not bigger than 2 small shops, and is usually run by an Indian man of some sort, and can be anywhere from small alleys to building fronts. If you mean supermarkets, not that either.

We also don't have a "Sunday" over here. You want to take your car out, you take it out. You don't want to, you don't. Nothing in perticular to mark a special car day.

You do not always get ferried in a cream white Phantom when you go to the Burj al Arab, more usually a white Toyota Hiace or Mitsubishi Rosa. That is only for very very very high class people.

And for Lord's sake it is not "people" or "ppl" or any other of that rubbish. Over here "people" are mostly average, middle-class working individuals from India, Pakistan, Britain, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka or Philipines. Who own cars like Toyota Corollas, Echos, Camrys, Honda Civics, Citys, Civics and things in that class.

Lastly there is no record of a 3200GT racing up a street and powersliding in perticular. Traffic antics happens here very often. The Tuner from here does it with his RWD Cressida does a lot of antics often (not harming) and my other friend does it with his Prado (also not harming). But no "street racing" and no "powersliding". There's too much traffic here really.

ScionDriver
10-24-2005, 07:22 PM
I saw this picture eariler. All I could think is WHY?! But Now I at least have some idea. Still seems to me like come on at least PAVE the road. I don't care how rich I am, I don't want sand all up in the grill of my Roller.

Zytek_Fan
10-24-2005, 07:22 PM
If you go to Bellevue Ferrari in Washington almost all they have is 360s and now they are getting 575 Maranellos, F430, and 612s

shee10
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
yea man.... dubai... is probably the richest country in the world, it isnt no plain desert

nota
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Not a bad pic but a Phantom (or Porsche Cayenne etc) wouldn't exactly be my car of choice for desert or even semi-remote touring .. considering it lacks such basic equipment as a spare wheel

Imagine your chances mid-desert when you limp into Abduls Tyre 'n Tube and ask if they've got any 20" hoops in stock :rolleyes:

Egg Nog
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
yea man.... dubai... is probably the richest country in the world, it isnt no plain desert

So what, Dubai is a rich country. So is American, England and all of that lot put together.

Dubai is not a country.

Matt
10-24-2005, 07:42 PM
I do believe those cars were being tested by Rolls Royce. They aren't just random owners out for a joyride.

spi-ti-tout
10-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Dubai is not a country.
Argh thanks Eggy :o

My bad, I meant Dubai is a rich city/UAE is a rich country.

BTW guys the Phantom was also made with off-roading in mind. There was an article I read where the executive of RR was driving it out in the desert and was going at about 75 mph. And he was like "there was no reason not to push the throttle and take it to 100" and that's what they did. It may be a luxious car but it's underneath it's a man.

6'bore
10-25-2005, 06:28 AM
I do believe those cars were being tested by Rolls Royce. They aren't just random owners out for a joyride.

Most likely, hence the convoy.

spi-ti-tout
10-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Most likely, hence the convoy.
It was actually a press picture. Or atleast methinx.