02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Which is the most entertaining,
and which has the most history?
Rally
Le Mans
F1

bige321786
02-15-2004, 02:40 PM
might just be me, but i can't get enjoyment out of watching rally races. i think the heart of racing is embodied in watching a strategic pass on a lazy turn and capitalizing on every mistake of the leader. with rally racing, they're all simply racing against the clock, then compare the scores to see who wins. i understand that thats the only way to logically do it with the courses presented, but it takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. i also think that you race harder faster and take more risks if you're trying to pass somebody then to just drive the "pefect" lap
of course this is ONLY my two cents and i respect and admire the racers and the sport itself just as much as anything else, please don't get me wrong. i am not a WRC hater AT ALL, i watch it at times, but it just seems to be missing the passion of a pass.
what do you all think?

']['WiLIGIH']['
02-15-2004, 03:15 PM
F1
Rally
Le Mans

Matra et Alpine
02-15-2004, 03:47 PM
i also think that you race harder faster and take more risks if you're trying to pass somebody then to just drive the "pefect" lap

Yep it lacks the 1-1 challenge of blocking, drafting, braking and overtaking in circuit racing.
But, it means that a driver cannot EVER give less than 100%.
There's no time to take it easy behind the leader for a few laps.
No chance to judge your own speed by those around you.
If a rally driver doesn't go as fast as possible on every straight, every corner, every blind crest then he/she loses.
It means they are flat out all the time.
Maybe it has to be seen 1st hand to create the obsession for it :)

bige321786
02-15-2004, 05:30 PM
beautifully put. i was worried that i was going to offend somebody and get cursed and yelled at (and i thank you for not doing so) and i definitely agree with what you're saying. just the visual of the overtake is extremely exciting and for me personally (again, i emphasize personally) what i love most about watching.

oh....and i guess i forgot to answer the question posted
for me:
F1
LM
WRC

jameswithington
02-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Bit of a tough call this one. Formula 1 varies so much, often it is a relatively boring procession with little passing, but occasionally you get an absolutely heart-stopping race like Silverstone last season. You feel you have to watch it just in case it is a cracker, but it frequently disappoints. However, there is always the knowledge that you are watching the greatest track drivers in the world driving the most sophisticated machines in racing.

You also get the best drivers in the best cars factor in WRC, but it is also typically more spectacular and thrilling than track racing. If you're actually watching it in person the closeness to the action makes it unbeatable entertainment. That is until it starts p!$$ing down with rain and you end up freezing your nuts/tits off!

Le Mans is probably the least exciting in terms of the on-track excitement. Obviously the cars are sensational, but watching great cars go round and round a circuit for 24 hours isn't that exciting, the race is usually won and lost in the testing, development and reliability. However, Le Mans is so much more than just a race. Sadly I've never been, but it's alledgedly a fantastic experience that goes beyond a mere sporting event, with people camping out with vast quantities of alcohol, all together passionately supporting their beloved marque. There is even a huge funfair on the infield. There is such a tradition and history to the race that it has to be the one event that every motorsport fanatic will want to experience at least once in their lifetime.

TGR
02-15-2004, 08:04 PM
in order:
1-Le Mans...
2-F1
3-WRC
In Quebec rallies are probably one of the most boring sport after hockey and curling... :p Le Mans rocks except for the fact that it is a little too long to watch but I really like the American Le Mans... :D Formula 1 is a really close match but I think that it is becoming boring because (maybe only in quebec) we always see that $@%*"|e :D driver that is Jaques Villeneuve... :rolleyes:
(excuse me for my english BECAUSE I live in Quebec...) :cool:

Chinky_boi
02-19-2004, 11:31 PM
f1
le man
rally

DasModell
02-20-2004, 04:32 AM
history .. LeMans ... :) .. the first ever race was at LeMans ..(not the 24 h race :) )

my preferrences ...
1. F1
2. LeMans
3. Rally

irarref
03-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Which is the most entertaining,
and which has the most history?

Hmmm....?

Well, I like Formula one best of the high speeds, high acceleration, and exiting tracks such as Monte Carlo, Imola, and Hockenhiemring.

In World Rally I like the fact that the driver's have to be extremely consentrated. (Not the F1 doesn't take consentration, but in WRC you may hit a beachball sized rock in Germany, or run off a cliff in Greece.

As for Le Mans, it's a little too "slow" for me.

Boss
10-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey guys,

I believe that an opinion has to be made when you have experienced the sport itself. I personally race Rallies in Mexico and definetely it is way much better than a race around a track, the adrenaline flows way much faster than any other kind of race.

Well guys this is just my opinion

My answer is: WRC
F1
Lemans

jcp123
10-12-2004, 12:56 AM
Rally, seems to take guts that the others lost years ago. Second + third place is hard for me; glamorous history of LeMans or heartpumping speed of F1?

stratos
10-12-2004, 05:33 AM
f1
rally
le mans