PDA

View Full Version : Sending those arguements to hell...

adrenaline
10-25-2005, 04:13 AM
Its a bit late but ive got a comparison between GT-P and XR8, which certain people said were too much alike....

McReis
10-25-2005, 04:16 AM
You could have asked for help instead making 2 threads, one with photos and other whithout.

6'bore
10-25-2005, 04:18 AM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1484

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2504

Next time you post a comparison thread, post some stats :)

adrenaline
10-25-2005, 04:35 AM
You could have asked for help instead making 2 threads, one with photos and other whithout.

oops sorry u can expect that from n00bs:o....i didnt even know i created 2 threads...:confused:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1484

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2504

Next time you post a comparison thread, post some stats :)

The main point was just to show exterior differences...im pretty sure there was some different opinions as to whether they looked too much alike...and these pics are nice high res and from silmilar viewpoints..

adrenaline
10-25-2005, 05:11 AM
meh this thread sux...someone put it out of its misery..

SlickHolden
10-25-2005, 06:56 AM
I think the pics show how close they follow each other, The BF's front is in the GT-P The rear has 3 differnt things lower vents at the rear, Twin exhuast option, Rear Spoiler It drive it hom they base there kits front and back off the XR's but are pushing towards the V8 supercars with these new ones.

Has someone else said the XR's and FPV's look alike also?:eek:

adrenaline
10-25-2005, 07:21 AM
they share common shapes but they look very different in the metal...

SlickHolden
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Have a look at this i'm the worlds worst chopper.
If there is someone out there that can make what i have tried here please do:D

Ok this is my idea change the lights to both the small ones. Change the grill type away from the standard ford shape as i have coloerd it in make that the same color as the lower fromt opening, Remove the Ford Oval you want to show people it's better then the normal run of the mill Ford, But everyone knows it's a Ford so dont panic.
The bonnet buldge now has air vents and is higher.
Now thats a little bit so why cant they go away from the norm and go there own way more?.

P.S dont kill me i'm new to chopping as you can see:D

nota
10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Lets face it, they're identical except for a few loud plastic add-ons - including GT's hideously oversize rear spoiler. So just enough difference to give the train spotters something to worship & agonise over. But should Ford's finest be reduced to being a style-whore to satisfy pedants or, as with the original GTs, offer something more substantial & enthusiast oriented?

Should Ford spend their GT budget to give customers a premium drive experience over XR8 by using high quality mechanical components (GT's hand-built engine, superior suspension/brakes etc) or concentrate more on tarting it up via gauche & frivolous model differentiation with tacky bits & pieces like HSV did with their uglified VY-VZ?

Blitz_
10-25-2005, 04:10 PM
i dont think thier identical, when u seem them in the flesh you notice the differenec, and thier are differences other than "loud plastic add-one". Bty, in my opinion, i love the size of the rear spoiler, ford has used such a large rear spoiler before and it worked, the te50's and what not proved that. And furthermore the GT and FPV vehicles are not just simply "style whores", if you had any understanding of the differences between the XR and FPV cars you would realise that they are quite different.

charged
10-25-2005, 11:45 PM
meh this thread sux...someone put it out of its misery..

BANG , its dead:D

Ride 440
10-26-2005, 05:05 AM
hehe, i had a go at chopping as well...

i stole Slick's ideas :p
heres my effort:
http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/952/gtp6er.th.jpg (http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gtp6er.jpg)

adrenaline
10-26-2005, 05:40 AM
nice...wat program do u use...dont say paint...

SlickHolden
10-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Looks good with the differnt lights to:) Something differnt.

forza_autodelta
10-26-2005, 08:42 AM
yeah , quite annoying for someone who wants to kill n00b in his signature;)

nota
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
i dont think thier identical, when u seem them in the flesh you notice the differenec, and thier are differences other than "loud plastic add-one". Bty, in my opinion, i love the size of the rear spoiler, ford has used such a large rear spoiler before and it worked, the te50's and what not proved that. And furthermore the GT and FPV vehicles are not just simply "style whores", if you had any understanding of the differences between the XR and FPV cars you would realise that they are quite different.
Excuse me ..?

Like most AU enthusiasts I have an excellent understanding of what modifications FPV applies to donor XR8s to convert them into GTs thanx very much :mad:

I also reckon I have a far better understanding than you of what the GT nameplate stood for .. and still should, if modern GTs are to amount to more than a tarted up 'heritage' model. Classic GTs were all business, each modification (bar badges & stripes) gave a performance benefit - there were no spoilers, no plastic bullshit. In other words, a completely different animal to those luridly gross EB GTs flops which are likely more towards your 'taste' in AU sport sedans

Btw I've already acknowledged FPV's notable & welcome mechanical changes to the GT over XR8 - something you completely fail to mention. Like Kath & Kim .. Lookit me .. Lookitmeee .. LOOK AT ME .. your interest seems to centre purely on this new batch of superficial plastic frippery added to GT. I guess it has to, as there are no sheetmetal changes whatsoever between XR8 and GT

"And furthermore" .. :rolleyes: .. I'll use this 5-2005 Motor scan to encapsulate exactly what mature enthusiasts think of those absurd sky-high gay plastic spoilers you so whore-ship

Blitz_
10-26-2005, 11:02 PM
lmfao motor mature enthusiasts? ahh that gave me a good ole' laugh for a while. In my personal opinion, there doesn't need to be severe sheetmetal changes to convert a falcon into a GT, why? its supposed to be a grand tourer, and that is what it is, the rear wing is great, i don't whore-ship it, i just prefer it over the one's offered by the guys over at HSV. My interest is not purely based on so called "superficial plastic fripper", rather the whole presentation of the car to the consumer, is it really a grand tourer? yes, it is, and it fulfills its role bloody well. The Gt's of old, probably the XY's, you mentioned that every piece of modification was for a reason. OK, lets do that to the current BF GT's then. Why dont we put on some canards, carbon fibre tid bits, racing seats, lighter sheet metal panel to reduce weight and what. That is simply over the top. I hate the way you keep saying "plastic", what do whant them to do huh? These are modern age cars, simply trying to immatate a classic would be un-exciting and un-original. Sure there are elements of the older GT's, but im glad that FPV have tried to take a step forward, where there is a great blend of in your face styling, and subtle design cues that still let you know its a falcon.

Blue Supra
10-26-2005, 11:19 PM
now now children...

The falcon is good lookin... no doubt there.

all i have to say on the issue.

SlickHolden
10-26-2005, 11:30 PM
I can only say one thing, If HSV owners had there cars called a Commodore They would send them back:p They dont buy commodores they buy HSV's.

Ride 440
10-26-2005, 11:48 PM
nice...wat program do u use...dont say paint...

i use adobe photoshop 7

nota
10-27-2005, 12:02 AM
I can only say one thing, If HSV owners had there cars called a Commodore They would send them back:p They dont buy commodores they buy HSV's.
Umm lets see

HDT always called a spade a spade. They sold souped up Commodores, labelled them as such and never denied the bleeding obvious. HDT never had any trouble selling Brock Commodores .. did they?

SlickHolden
10-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Umm lets see

HDT always called a spade a spade. They sold souped up Commodores, labelled them as such and never denied the bleeding obvious. HDT never had any trouble selling Brock Commodores .. did they?
I dont think anyone gave a shit about that it was the name brock thats all they cared about and still do.

nota
10-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I dont think anyone gave a shit about that it was the name brock thats all they cared about and still do.
Imo they were publicly accepted as Brock Commodores for exactly the same reason that most people today usually refer to FPV GT as 'Falcon GT' .. despite it (supposedly) not being a Falcon