PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Falcon info?

adrenaline
10-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Does anybody here know much about the orion falcon for 07'...all i know is that it will be smaller...and that it will pull styling inspiration from the US ford fusion..is there anything else people know about it...

SlickHolden
10-27-2005, 02:04 AM
Well i think it will be Fords Opel Omega nothing like it in the end:D
But it will form the Fusion base with i think Blade control IRS longer wheelbase in a shorter car.
It will also have something in common with the vectra look which seems like is the way styling is going now a days.
Ford Oz will do to the fusion what FoMoCo can only dream of:D

fpv_gtho
11-05-2005, 03:46 AM
Smaller externally, possibly larger inside so reminiscent of the XC-XD upgrade. Carryover rear suspension, likely to adopt Territory's front suspension. Curtain airbags likely to be implemented so expect some major B pillar revisions. Seats likely to take another huge step forward in electronic adjustment as well. Ion 4 speed "could" see its last days, with the possibility of a locally made, low cost 5/6 speed alongside the carryover ZF in the premium models. Tremec T-56 likely to carryover unless an alternative arises. I6 could possibly go to alloy block, or at least take another step in its continual evolutionary lifestyle. V8 could switch to DOHC all models and pick up an alloy block to reduce front end weight. VCT may be employed on DOHC V8's as well, boosting bottom end torque and top end power. Major styling cues will fit in with the 427 concept and the Fusion, although J.Mays has gone on record as saying Orion will be the next step in establishing Fords latest attempt at a global image. Thick 3 bar upper grill and thick 2 bar lower grille lighly likely to simply carryover due to the local climate bringing a great need for engine bay ventilation.

adrenaline
11-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Holy craaap....!! Nice info.....

fpv_gtho
11-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Its mostly just general assumptions and a few bits of info Fords top brass have let slip, like the bit on the front suspension in order to contain costs and simplify the production process