PDA

View Full Version : A little question about CSL

elmajul
02-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Why does the BMW M3 CSL has that little hole where there are supposed to go the fog lights... and why theres only one??

bige321786
02-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Why does the BMW M3 CSL has that little hole where there are supposed to go the fog lights... and why theres only one??

"Right from the front the M3 CSL, through its newly designed, muscular front air dam made of carbon-fibre -reinforced plastic (CFP) with an additional engine air intake on the driver’s side demonstrates clearly that it is built for supreme performance of the highest calibre. Flaps also clearly visible from outside serve additionally to reduce front axle lift by a significant margin. At the other end of the car the newly designed rear lid made of sheet moulding compound (SMC), together with the integrated spoiler, also serves in conjunction with the CFP rear diffuser to significantly reduce lift forces."
-BMW North America-

Egg Nog
02-15-2004, 10:44 PM
If I ever bought an M3 CSL, I'd have the body shop mirror the hole on the other side. It would be purely for asthetics, but then at least the front end would be symmetrical!

Scientist
02-16-2004, 01:29 AM
Yeah, it looks kinda weird, but it's a great car alltogether!

Checkout the video of a CSL around the Nurburgring on racinflix! :cool:

elmajul
02-17-2004, 05:16 PM
"Right from the front the M3 CSL, through its newly designed, muscular front air dam made of carbon-fibre -reinforced plastic (CFP) with an additional engine air intake on the driver’s side demonstrates clearly that it is built for supreme performance of the highest calibre. Flaps also clearly visible from outside serve additionally to reduce front axle lift by a significant margin. At the other end of the car the newly designed rear lid made of sheet moulding compound (SMC), together with the integrated spoiler, also serves in conjunction with the CFP rear diffuser to significantly reduce lift forces."
-BMW North America-

thats interesting!!, thx man!

sl55kleemann
02-18-2004, 03:08 PM
I have made this chop a time ago, the csl look better with 2 holes!