PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite sport?

Swissbeatz
02-16-2004, 12:24 AM
I just want to know what kind of persons you are all. So what's your favorite sport?? For me it's the basketball and my favorite team is Sixers with the ultimate player "Allen Iverson" and my second favorite sport is the Golf with the "Tiger" and last but not least, the formula 1 with the incredible "Pablo Montoya"

SL500
02-16-2004, 01:32 AM
Tennis,always
but i like cycling and badminton,too

MyRx7
02-16-2004, 02:21 AM
my fav sport is bball as well
but i hate iverson for some reason..
but i like T-mac and the truth

Falcon500
02-16-2004, 03:33 AM
My faveorite sport would in fact be motor sport of nearly every varity...then followed by rugby leauge then rugby union. Of course id rather whatch sport then nearly anyhing else on tv.

360_challenge
02-16-2004, 04:34 AM
Football as we call it , but everyone else in the world calls it "soccer", but then saying that, i dont really follow the premiership that much, only the italian matches.

NAZCA C2
02-16-2004, 01:04 PM
NFL is great!!! Its the only sport that I can watch (I used to watch CART races fanatically but that series is dead now).

Wheelman
02-16-2004, 01:35 PM
HOCKEY! But I'm Canadian, so that's a default. After that, rugby.

more-boost1555
02-16-2004, 02:49 PM
I love hockey, it rules. After that, the NFL, motor sports, and soccer.

Quiggs
02-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Hockey- Pittsburg Penguins (I know, I know...they're terrible...)
Football- Dallas Cowboys, and whoever is playing the Eagles
NASCAR NCS- Wallace and Earnhardt, Jr
F1- Mikey and Juan
And I find myself watching the SpeedTV Cup races all the time. Usually root for the RealTime Acuras. But sometimes I want one of the 'Vettes to win. :p

Matra et Alpine
02-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Rallying - competing, marshalling, and spectating ( no surprise huh :) )
Rugby. 'cept Scotland hasn't had a decent team for too long and this year isn't any better :(
NFL - Dallas Cowboys, hey what can I say they had the nicest cheer-leaders when UK TV started showing it 20 years ago :)

On rugby, don't know how many folks are getting to see the 6-nations.
But I was gob-smacked when I saw the Italian team strip.
They are sponsored by Jaguar.
Yep, the Italian national rugby team is advertising Jaguar on their strips .
Must REALLY stick in Ferrari, Fiat, Alfa etc throat :)

Here's a pic of the team, the strip and a Jag - -
http://www.jaguar.com/it/it/company/local%20news/Nazionale_Rugby_2004_BA0F57D7-B271-4D06-B5C7-842421C0EF88.jpg

Misho
02-16-2004, 04:47 PM
My favourite sport also happens to be THE most popular sport in the world , Soccer !! :) in the last 5 to 7 years though, i havent been playing soccer that much. i still keep myself updated with scores and news and i like watching matches. with soccer being my watch-only sport, i have been playing squash, which is very nice to play , but terrible to watch !!
tennis is another favourite, together with the NBA (and i will not say basketball in general, only the NBA and those AND1 videos !!! ) :)

Batmobile_Turbo
02-16-2004, 08:29 PM
HOCKEY! But I'm Canadian, so that's a default. After that, rugby.
my fav is hockey also, but i certainly hope you don't like the Leafs, because i h:mad:te them

crisis
02-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Motor racing and Aussie rules football. Something like Rugby but you kick a lot more.

Wheelman
02-17-2004, 08:37 AM
my fav is hockey also, but i certainly hope you don't like the Leafs, because i h:mad:te them

That's just because you live in lame Calgary where you people are trained to hate Toronto.

Homem de Gelo
02-17-2004, 03:34 PM
I like to play tennis and volleyball, and on TV I like to watch all motorsports.

Dragon.Knight
02-17-2004, 07:17 PM
I havn't played that many organized sports but I like to watch Hockey, rugby, and soccer...w00t! ahem...

Batmobile_Turbo
02-17-2004, 10:37 PM
That's just because you live in lame Calgary where you people are trained to hate Toronto.
Calgary is no more lame than Toronto, anyway, I HATE Ty Domi the most, and i simply adore Montreal, the Leafs play dirty also which is why i hate them too, espesially Domi. and yes you are correct i have been trained to hate the Leafs.

WOOOOOOOOO! GO FLAMES GO!!

Wheelman
02-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Western Canada loves to think it's better than Toronto, but really, it's not.

Matt
02-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Tennis is just about the only sport I will watch. Except for the Olympics. I'll watch nearly any event from the Olympics.

NAZCA C2
02-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Hockey- Pittsburg Penguins (I know, I know...they're terrible...)
Football- Dallas Cowboys, and whoever is playing the Eagles
NASCAR NCS- Wallace and Earnhardt, Jr
F1- Mikey and Juan
And I find myself watching the SpeedTV Cup races all the time. Usually root for the RealTime Acuras. But sometimes I want one of the 'Vettes to win. :p

How bout them Penguins! They sure do suck this year.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Western Canada loves to think it's better than Toronto, but really, it's not.
we have the rockies and oil, not to mention Calgary, what's out in Toronto? the CN tower?

Batmobile_Turbo
02-18-2004, 09:12 PM
How bout them Penguins! They sure do suck this year.
yes i liket he pens but they suck now that they havn't got jager, and Lemeiux isn't his stanley-cup-winning self

stratos
02-19-2004, 07:10 AM
My favorite sports are tennis and soccer

Misho
02-19-2004, 07:26 AM
hey Batmobile and Wheelman, what on earth r u 2 debating about ?? T.O and western canada are no match for the Maritimes !!

Halifax owns you !!! ;)

Wheelman
02-19-2004, 08:27 AM
hey Batmobile and Wheelman, what on earth r u 2 debating about ?? T.O and western canada are no match for the Maritimes !!

Halifax owns you !!! ;)

The best thing to come out of the east coast is Moosehead. That's about it.

NoOne
02-19-2004, 08:30 AM
The best thing to come out of the east coast is Moosehead. That's about it.
Moosehead is a misdemeanor. :p

Comunista
02-19-2004, 12:38 PM
-i enjoy college football (BCS bs aside...) [Hokie pride!]
-hockey [Capitals] but that'll probably soon change as the Caps are nothing now, and hockey's gonna have some shit go down in the next couple seasons, i probably wont be watching unless there's some good fights.
-alpine skiing, both doing and watching
-most all motorsports on TV ill enjoy watching. yes, even NASCAR on occasion.
-Soccer [DC United] -MLS is going to be pretty good this year, what with DC United having some new young blood talent.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-19-2004, 01:24 PM

Halifax owns you !!! ;)
in western Canada we we call martimers fish chokers :D

Wheelman
02-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Moosehead is a misdemeanor. :p

YOU'RE a misdemeanor!

What kind of beer do you like?

Comunista
02-19-2004, 08:56 PM
YOU'RE a misdemeanor!

What kind of beer do you like?

misdemeanor ur face? i thought so.

Falcon500
02-26-2004, 03:27 AM
Motor racing and Aussie rules football. Something like Rugby but you kick a lot more.
Areial ping pong :p or my faveorite cross country ballet. (just mucking around :D )

One of the things you have to love about being australian is that we are one of the few countrys who would put such sports as lawnbowls,Darts and snooker on a desirable timeslot :D (about lunchtime 1pm)

DasModell
02-26-2004, 04:50 AM
Motorsport .. . in wich F1 is top .. but i like lots of sports . from wintersports(alpine, cross country, biathlon, luge etc) ... to rugby .. :) (i would not mind Jaguar sponsoring our national team :) )