PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION choppers!

painterr
02-16-2004, 12:29 PM
What do you all say about having a little chopping contest? If you are Let me get it started if that is alright! This for anyone that wants to try there hand at chopping! I will post a pic today and we have one week to chop it and post your chop in this thread. Once you post your chop you cant repost it again! And make any more changes. All chops have to be done and posted by Sunday by Midnight EST. Then on on Monday we can vote for the one that we think is the best chop (anyone can vote even if they didnt enter a chop). What do you think??? If your are interested here is a car we can start with. Then the winner of the comp can pic the next car pic!

HTTP://www.conceptcarz.com/imgxra/forum/INfiniti.jpg

Mustang
02-16-2004, 02:26 PM
that sounds like a good idea to me. i qill see what i can do sice it is only my secone time chopping. Here is my first attempt.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9196

more-boost1555
02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't have photoshop but I enjoy seeing what you guys can do, good luck to all.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-16-2004, 08:14 PM
may i have a handicap if i do it in paint?, but i am entering this comp anyway though

painterr
02-16-2004, 10:08 PM
that sounds like a good idea to me. i qill see what i can do sice it is only my secone time chopping. Here is my first attempt.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9196

I am very sorry mustang123 but what I ment was that all of us have to use the car I posted to chop this week. Then the one that gets the most votes next monday will pic the next car we have to chop! Oh yea you can only post you pic one time, for the week!! so make sure you are finished with it before you post it in this thread because you can't change it once you have posted your chop. The reason is because once you see someones chop you might be temped to change your chop to match his or try and make yours better then his. I hope I made myself clear!!! Remember it is just for fun and to learn how to use Photoshop or what other program you might have!

HAVE FUN CHOPPING!!!! :D May the best chopper win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mustang
02-17-2004, 12:34 PM
yeah i know that u have to use that pic i was just showing you my first chop to see what you thaught of it. i had started on this one before i had put my post on. oh well looking forward to seeing the other results thay should be good. :D

carlover
02-17-2004, 02:36 PM
This kinda a stupid qeustion but how do you change a psd picture into a jpeg picture?

Batmobile_Turbo
02-17-2004, 04:09 PM
This kinda a stupid qeustion but how do you change a psd picture into a jpeg picture?
yes it is a stupid question :D anyway, you just go to your saved psd and then save it as a jpeg in the "save as" dialog box.

painterr
02-17-2004, 04:18 PM
That isnt a stupided question! This is for Photoshop: you need to go to file/ then go to save for the web/ then a window will come up and you will see your pic on it: now to the right side of it you will see two little white windows one on top of the other/ the top one is for changing it to jpg/ there is another little window that has written next to it Quality: with that you can set your size of your file of you pic it is in kbps ( the larger it is the slower it will load)/ now as you adjust the slide bar you can see the size change under your pic in the bar. I usually try and keep my pic around 90 to 120k.

This is the best way of condensing you file of your pic so people that have dialup can load them easier with out loosing the quality of yor pic. Try and not go below 30 in your Quality window.

carlover
02-17-2004, 04:47 PM
That isnt a stupided question! This is for Photoshop: you need to go to file/ then go to save for the web/ then a window will come up and you will see your pic on it: now to the right side of it you will see two little white windows one on top of the other/ the top one is for changing it to jpg/ there is another little window that has written next to it Quality: with that you can set your size of your file of you pic it is in kbps ( the larger it is the slower it will load)/ now as you adjust the slide bar you can see the size change under your pic in the bar. I usually try and keep my pic around 90 to 120k.

This is the best way of condensing you file of your pic so people that have dialup can load them easier with out loosing the quality of yor pic. Try and not go below 30 in your Quality window.

Thank you.

carlover
02-17-2004, 04:50 PM
I will not be able to vote (or even post) on monday as I will be on an island in the carribean!!!(Hell Yeah!!!) I am posting my chop now. Here it is.

My vote is for Carlover's Infinti G35.

Matra et Alpine
02-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Damn, I incorrectly over-wrote the WIP of this chop with a very low-res JPEG.

You get the flavour, I'll see if I get some coffee-break time tomorrow :(

Doza
02-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Damn, I incorrectly over-wrote the WIP of this chop with a very low-res JPEG.

You get the flavour, I'll see if I get some coffee-break time tomorrow :(
rofl. JPEG=Atari Style.

fede
02-17-2004, 07:52 PM
excellent idea painterr
im working on it
cant wait to see the results

Batmobile_Turbo
02-17-2004, 10:08 PM
judging from Carlovers chop, maybe i don't need a paint handiacp :p
ok here's mine, i have certain special tequniques for getting the wheels this good in paint ;) some of the bodywork is blotchy but tat would take hours to fix in paint, anyway here is my chop, hope you like it.

and also, a damn eliptical marque tool would SERIUOSLY help in paint!!!!!!! :)

P.S.should we be allowed to vote for our own?

Matra et Alpine
02-18-2004, 04:32 AM
I sneaked a long coffee break :)

Here is what I was trying first time.

I'm going to add some "WRC" elements for a second posting - are we allowed multiple entries ??

painterr
02-18-2004, 05:25 AM
I sneaked a long coffee break :)

Here is what I was trying first time.

I'm going to add some "WRC" elements for a second posting - are we allowed multiple entries ??

Your not really allowed to post the second time. I stated it at the beginnng that you need to make sure that you were finished before you posted it. I think that is only fare. I have seen on other sites where they did allow it and people would keep changing there chops during the week after they seen what others had done with theres.

If this catches on you will have another week to do better on you next chop!

Matra et Alpine
02-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Your not really allowed to post the second time. I stated it at the beginnng that you need to make sure that you were finished before you posted it. I think that is only fare. I have seen on other sites where they did allow it and people would keep changing there chops during the week after they seen what others had done with theres.

If this catches on you will have another week to do better on you next chop!

Aww, boo sucks !!

OK, the first posting was a waste of time because I only realised I'd screwed up the jpeg when I came to post ( 40Kb !! )

Is my second one going to be OK then ??

Shame I can't post my third as I've added the wing, bonnet vents and lights I wanted :(

I agree you can't let multiple posts bo the norm as all that happens is people see others ideas and improve their own submissions. Don't rules suck :(

Sod it !! I'll ask for forgiveness. Here's my final entry. Do what you may :) I did add colour with the wing which wasn't my original plan. Use whichever one you deem fit !! :)

Matra et Alpine
02-18-2004, 09:48 AM
rofl. JPEG=Atari Style.
Again, I miss the joke, Doza ?

JPEG is the best format for sharing images as they have the better compression.
The format was defined by the Joint Photographic Experts Group.

Sadly I remember them being formed to stop the squabbles between ITU, ISO and many other 'interested parties' :( '82, seems a lifetime ago :(

.jpg is the PC's best attempt to map the name coz it's brain-dead with fixed 3 letter extensions.

challenger
02-18-2004, 12:28 PM
seen as i don't have photoshop i thought id have a go on paint.

Mustang
02-18-2004, 12:38 PM
this is my my attempt at the Infiniti

challenger
02-18-2004, 01:59 PM
nice chop (MUSTANG 123) - neally as good as mine

Mustang
02-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Your what - you think that yours is good HA HA. It is just.. well i dont know what the hell it is.

challenger
02-18-2004, 02:10 PM
hey - have you ever heard of anything called a joke mate??

carlover
02-18-2004, 02:15 PM
hey - have you ever heard of anything called a joke mate??

Yeah, It's exactly what your Infinti G35 is. :D

challenger
02-18-2004, 02:19 PM
id like to see you do better in paint using wot i used

carlover
02-18-2004, 02:27 PM
id like to see you do better in paint using wot i used

Batmobile Turbo seemed to be able to. I didn't mean any offence, it just doesn't look too good.I think we can all agree on that.

painterr
02-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Matra et Alpine!! Yes your second one will count but sorry the third wont! The reason is the second one you didnt really do any chopping changes to the car all you did was redo the file size. It is great to see all the ones that are turning in some chops. I have see some pretty good ones so far and have been amazed to see how good some of the chops done by paint have turned out.

Matra et Alpine
02-18-2004, 05:00 PM
been amazed to see how good some of the chops done by paint have turned out.
Yep, me too.
Pretty impressive, a bit like painting the Cistine Chapel with a 4" emulsion brush !!

Mustang
02-18-2004, 05:04 PM
I agree that is impressive what Batmobile turbo has done in paint. Dont think that i would be able to do it.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Yep, me too.
Pretty impressive, a bit like painting the Cistine Chapel with a 4" emulsion brush !!
only occationally like that, but for me paint is more easy to work with that photoshop. I know how to use photoshop and i did one at school today, would anyone like me to post it? it doesn't have to enter the competition.

Mustang
02-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah id like to see it, what is it of?

NoOne
02-18-2004, 05:41 PM
rofl. JPEG=Atari Style.

Again, I miss the joke, Doza ?

Yeah, you missed the joke completely, I believe he was referencing the Pixelated(?) quality of your (1st) pic with the quality of the old Atari 2600 gaming system of 20 something yrs ago. Funny as hell IMHO. :p

Burrito
02-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Eventhough we're only allowed to post once I wanna enter, I don't think I'll have more time before sunday to finish it so this'll have to do for now... if I do get more time I'll see what I can do (color, and some other additions)

I made the widebody and hoodextentions by hand so the reflecttions may be a bit off ;)

Mustang
02-19-2004, 09:53 AM
that wide boy bodykit looks good i was wanting to put that onto my chop but since i have only just startet dont know how to do it. like what u did with the lights too.

painterr
02-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Here is my chop but I dont think I will enter it in the voting poll!!

carlover
02-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Here is my chop but I dont think I will enter it in the voting poll!!

Yours makes the rest of ours look bad. Amazing chop. Please don't enter it in the contest as we will all lose.

painterr
02-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Yours makes the rest of ours look bad. Amazing chop. Please don't enter it in the contest as we will all lose.

Dont worry I dont plan to enter it!!!! I just wanted to show it off!

Mustang
02-20-2004, 09:07 AM
im glad to hear it, none of us would stand a chance against that.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-20-2004, 10:43 AM
here is the one i did in photoshop

fede
02-20-2004, 10:57 AM
well, i must say, again, that this is a great idea!
i´ve been working on it, and this is the result
hope you like it!!!

Burrito
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM
nice one fede... what car did u use as donor? Mazda3?
Looks really good......

fede
02-20-2004, 12:51 PM
my donors were:
-Maserati Quattroporte
-Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
-Ford Mustang
-Porsche 911 (GT2 i think)
-Ford GT40
that´s what i remember, but i think i used one more car
if it comes back to my head, i´ll post it

Burrito
02-20-2004, 04:08 PM
ahh ok, wel I just ran into a mazda3 tonight and indeed the headlights don't even look simular :) well we're all only human :P

painterr
02-21-2004, 07:08 AM
Batmobile Turbo!!!!! I still like the one you did with paint better!!!!!!

baddabang
02-21-2004, 10:54 AM
am i too late

Mustang
02-21-2004, 12:31 PM
This is my second cop of the infiniti, therefore i dont mind if you dont use this as the proper one coz i dont think that it is as good as my other one

baddabang
02-21-2004, 12:43 PM
so when does the voting start???

Mustang
02-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Monday i think.

john0877
02-22-2004, 07:37 PM
well, i must say, again, that this is a great idea!
i´ve been working on it, and this is the result
hope you like it!!!

i like those headlights better than the originals

fede
02-22-2004, 09:08 PM
i like those headlights better than the originals

thanks!

Doza
02-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah, you missed the joke completely, I believe he was referencing the Pixelated(?) quality of your (1st) pic with the quality of the old Atari 2600 gaming system of 20 something yrs ago. Funny as hell IMHO. :p
Right-o.
Like Atari, minus the fun of games focused on gameplay and not cinematics.