PDA

View Full Version : Jadi TVR Sagaris

Esperante
11-04-2005, 04:03 PM
It arrived in the mail today. No complaintes from me, other than a non opening hood-it has opening vents that reveal an engine, but no hood? My other is that the gas cap is a tacky decal. Anyway, for $30, it's fantastic. If it had flocked floors and a full engine compartment I would likely be comparing this to my AutoArt Panoz GTR1. I've noticed that in most models, metallic paint comes off as looking of poor quality (with the exception of the Panoz, of course). But Jadi has really pulled off some magic on the paint-it still has the orange peel (once again, the only model I have with a perfect coat of paint is an AutoArt Alfa Romeo GTV) but the colouring is fantastic. Other colours availible thus far are red and silver. Under harsh light, the metallic looks a little bad, but keep in mind that it looks great anywhere else. I appreciate little bits of detail around the car, such as the interior of the pillars being black, as with the tiny vent below the headlamps. The interior is nice, albeit basic, but hell, the interiors of Sagari are basic. The roll bar is something that surely Maisto or HotWheels would've let slip by. On the rear end, the edges of the tail-lamp covering stick out (as in sight, they stick out, not as in the covering actually sticks off the body), but the exhaust pipes and plastic see-through spoiler more than compensate. I appreciate that the hinges for the tailgate weren't kept blue and that the radials on the rear window were painted, wheras most other low end model companies would make little grooves to make the impression of radials. The undercarriage is well done, as well. Overall, I recommend this car for anyone. I was worried ordering this in a metallic colour, and was even more worried that I might have had to repaint it, but it looks great and you won't be sorry for pulling out a mere $30 for this. I can't wait fro my Jadi Lotus Elise to arrive. :)

Esperante
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
--2--

Esperante
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
--3--

Esperante
11-04-2005, 04:07 PM
--4--
Last two, under indoor lighting conditions.

Forever92
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Even though that spoiler is really wimpy the car makes up for it. I'll eventually get one. Nice model :D

Esperante
11-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Even though that spoiler is really wimpy the car makes up for it. I'll eventually get one. Nice model :D
Might I add you do it right away. I don't think the Tuscan is made anymore and the Elise is running out. The Sagaris is brand new and I think they'll be sold out within the rear.

Zytek_Fan
11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I like my AutoArts :D

johnnyperl
11-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I can't wait fro my Jadi Lotus Elise to arrive. :)
when i first saw the thread title i was thinking about asking you where you got it, cause im looking for Jadi's Type 25 Elise. And reading that last part makes me really curious :D
so, where?
thanks

Forever92
11-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Might I add you do it right away. I don't think the Tuscan is made anymore and the Elise is running out. The Sagaris is brand new and I think they'll be sold out within the rear.

:D It's cool...There's a shit load of them on eGay

Zytek_Fan
11-04-2005, 04:34 PM
I am going to get the Le Mans versions of the AutoArt Aston Martin DBR9 and a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR

Forever92
11-04-2005, 04:47 PM
What's up with the little doors on the hood they actually move?

Esperante
11-04-2005, 04:58 PM
What's up with the little doors on the hood they actually move?
Yep, the vents open up.

johnnypearl, I ordered both from http://www.diecastmuscle.com
The Elise I ordered, in yellow, is back ordered a few weeks. Both red and silver are still availible.

johnnyperl
11-04-2005, 05:02 PM
thanks, they dont have the particular one i was looking for though.

Forever92
11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Yep, the vents open up.

Sweet, but the hood doesn't fully come off to look at the engine?

Oh, btw... got my elise already. :D

Coventrysucks
11-04-2005, 05:06 PM
No complaintes from me, other than a non opening hood-it has opening vents that reveal an engine, but no hood?

There's a good reason for that; namely the TVR Sagaris doesn't have a hood.

It has a removable "service hatch" for checking/topping up vital fluids in the middle of the "hood" (which I assume would be too fiddly and detailed for Jadi to manufacture at that price).

Anything more serious requires the entire front-end of the car to be removed. (Which again would require a lot of additional parts and detailing.)

Furthermore;
Jadi are releasing a Cerbera soon; there was a poll on PH to see what colours people wanted their Cerb models IIRC.

There was also a second poll asking which other TVR model people would like to see next.

The results were:
Chimaera 31%
Griffith 24%
T350 14%
S Series 11%
Typhon 10%
Tamora 3%
Tasmin 3%
M Series 2%
Grantura 1%
Vixen 1%

I'd definately like a Cerbera and Griffith, and I'd probably have an S as well.

Not sure if I'm convinced by the Sag though - I'm not that impressed with the colours.

Esperante
11-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Oh, btw... got my elise already. :D

But that's the race type by Exoto, right? :D

Exoto also builds a model of the previous Elise, but it's not as good a model as the Jadi and is just about the same price.

Forever92
11-04-2005, 05:08 PM
But that's the 11 by Exoto, right? :D

Exoto also builds a model of the previous Elise, but it's not as good a model as the Jadi and is just about the same price.

Elise GT1 Presentation car by... Chronos

Esperante
11-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Ah-Chronos-I have no idea how I confused them with Exoto-Exoto is a far superior modelbuilder. Chronos makes the early Elise.

Forever92
11-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Ah-Chronos-I have no idea how I confused them with Exoto-Exoto is a far superior modelbuilder. Chronos makes the early Elise.

Yeah... this bad boy is pretty good for a model company like Chronos though. Good luck finding one. I got real lucky. Anyway, I'd say this is Chronos' best model almost AA quality sitting next to my Speed 8. :D

Esperante
11-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah... this bad boy is pretty good for a model company like Chronos though. Good luck finding one. I got real lucky. Anyway, I'd say this is Chronos' best model almost AA quality sitting next to my Speed 8. :D
I actually know that the regional distributor has 3-the street type and two race outfit cars. I considered buying one a while back, but shyed away because all I could see of it was through the dusty box, and it didn't look great. ;)
The Speed 8 is next on my list. :D

Forever92
11-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Sweet great model great car! :D

Vindesh17
11-04-2005, 08:35 PM
nice model.