PDA

View Full Version : How to use phones as webcam???

NuclearCrap
11-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I need help in finding procedures to do so, I googled and didn't find anything. Can anyone help me on this? :confused:

car_fiend
11-06-2005, 12:14 AM
never heard of that before. i wanna know now as well. i'll try checkin around, see if i could help us both out.

Zytek_Fan
11-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Read the owner's manual. If it says that it has a video camera on it then you can, but you will have to get a USB cable

NuclearCrap
11-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Read the owner's manual. If it says that it has a video camera on it then you can, but you will have to get a USB cable

I know that since ever, I'm not that dumb. I just need to know what kinda program I need to get it working as a webcam. ;)

NuclearCrap
11-06-2005, 01:03 AM
never heard of that before. i wanna know now as well. i'll try checkin around, see if i could help us both out.

There's been a lot of discussions on using phones as webcam recently, but I never find methods that is compatible with my phone.

Matra et Alpine
11-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Sorry what way are you thinking of using it ?

it's relatively easy to create a feed for your mobile phone to pick up the video from a webcam.

Never heard of anyone going the other way !

Any manufacturers sayign they can ?
Makes sense, but not heard of it before and woudl be interested to see who's doign it.

danno
11-06-2005, 05:16 AM
ive never even heard of doing that

Matra et Alpine
11-06-2005, 05:28 AM
ive never even heard of doing that
a few companies are now out there offering packages to do it.

Easy to do on your own, but can be expensive !! .... Most webcams now come with simple packages for uploading to web sites and even streaming feeds. You either create a WAP page or GPRS to a normal web page and voila you can see your webcam images.

NuclearCrap
11-06-2005, 06:35 AM
There are a lot of programs out there for free that lets you do it, but none are fully compatible with my phone. :(

P3RG4R3C
11-06-2005, 07:16 AM
My friend used his digital camera as a webcam.

Lagonda
11-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Get a 5$ webcam. Problem solved.

Matra et Alpine
11-06-2005, 10:37 AM
There are a lot of programs out there for free that lets you do it, but none are fully compatible with my phone. :(
Will you PLEASE explain which way round you are trying to do this ?

I don't know of any mobile phone yet which can act as the capture for a live feed to PC for a web cam.

Please say what phone you HAVE and what you are trying to do.

11-06-2005, 10:44 AM
the phone he's got is in his sig (K750i)

adamfraser
11-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I don't know of any mobile phone yet which can act as the capture for a live feed to PC for a web cam.

I was looking for a phone with webcam, but i never found anything, and i must have spent 2 months+ looking.

Matra et Alpine
11-06-2005, 10:50 AM
the phone he's got is in his sig (K750i)
Not all of us clutter up our screens with posters sigs ( one of the nice features on UCP forum )

And even when I did, I seldom ever read them :D

thanks though, good to see we've a ventriloquist in UCP :D :D :D

Matra et Alpine
11-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I was looking for a phone with webcam, but i never found anything, and i must have spent 2 months+ looking.
What is it you want to do ?

There are apps out there that run in Java and they upload snapshots to web sites that can then be viewed. Not very good, NOT video, lots of impact on the phone usability and crap images :D

adamfraser
11-06-2005, 11:58 AM
What is it you want to do ?

There are apps out there that run in Java and they upload snapshots to web sites that can then be viewed. Not very good, NOT video, lots of impact on the phone usability and crap images :D

Well i didnt (and still dont) have a webcam, so i was looking for a phone that you could link up to the PC and use the camera on the phone as a webcam. Took the sensible road and suck with my 7250 ;)