PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God

Zondaboy1
11-06-2005, 01:00 PM
:eek: i was walking in the woods the other day and i found a (ghasp) CAR. there is seriously A CAR BURRIED IN THE WOODS NEAR MY HOUSE.
i'm going to go there to get a picture or 300 and i need yourguy'ses help to
1. identify it
and
2.tell wether i should keep and restore it
i think it's a car from the 60's. it might be a corvair if my memory serves.
slightest possiblility it could be a mustang but very, very unlikely
:eek:
this is the tightest thing that i have found yet

forza_autodelta
11-06-2005, 01:04 PM
go so...

11-06-2005, 01:09 PM
... I Can't Believe It I've Never Been This Far Away From Home

Kaiser Cheifs...

rev440
11-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Sometimes people get buried in there cars. So watch out it could be a grave.

forza_autodelta
11-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Sometimes people get buried in there cars. So watch out it could be a grave.
yup, I know a driving examinator , on the three people , he has been the only one to survive to an accident , 'cause the car buried and the others had been paralysed by the crash , so you hadn't been able to remove their seatbealt:(

Suka
11-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Or it could be a Mafia related assasination... lol

6'bore
11-06-2005, 01:26 PM
... I Can't Believe It I've Never Been This Far Away From Home

Kaiser Cheifs...

Spam....

Go and take some pictures. And where did you find, close to the edge of the woods, in the deep undergrowth?...

ZemoButts
11-06-2005, 02:13 PM
look out for buired tresure

Cotterik
11-06-2005, 02:22 PM
how could you not know if its a mustang or not. It'll be in the woods for a reason most likely its either 1) been stolen 2) engines completely blown 3) it was used to store drugs and now they cant afford to travel around in the evidence. SO my guess it, dont bother with it. Until you've checked it out well enough that is. Get some photos.

man 430gt
11-06-2005, 03:06 PM
how could you not know if its a mustang or not. It'll be in the woods for a reason most likely its either 1) been stolen 2) engines completely blown 3) it was used to store drugs and now they cant afford to travel around in the evidence. SO my guess it, dont bother with it. Until you've checked it out well enough that is. Get some photos.
Yeah thats wht i say, and does it look like a pupose job? i.e been man done not natural?

Zondaboy1
11-06-2005, 03:46 PM
the reason i thought it could have been a mustang was i only saw it for a second and 2 its pretty screwed up
i saw it and its definently unrestorable but what the hell is it?

Zondaboy1
11-06-2005, 03:48 PM
hahahahaa

:Exige:
11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
What?! No body?! Man ... i was starting to get excited :)

Im really curious to what your gonna find ... please keep us updated :)

austy351
11-06-2005, 05:07 PM
wow!... but no clue wat it is, unrestorable for anyone either than a millionare
________
BRUNETTE MOVIES (http://www.****tube.com/categories/15/brunette/videos/1)

Esperante
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
There's no chance in hell it'll ever be restorable, the only reason to restore it would be if it were a wrecked prototype.

KeRmIt
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
"yup, I know a driving examinator , on the three people , he has been the only one to survive to an accident , 'cause the car buried and the others had been paralysed by the crash , so you hadn't been able to remove their seatbealt"

Ummmm is it just me or does that NOT make sense.

johnnynumfiv
11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
1.Looks like a corvair.
2. Were you serious about this question? I don't think you know what is involved with restoring a car if you think that you can use that.

Timothy (in VA)
11-06-2005, 05:32 PM
What?! No body?! Man ... i was starting to get excited :)

Well, he hasn't checked the back half yet... :)

But seriously, it's hard to tell. Does it look like it was front- or rear-engined? Any distinguishing characteristics at all??:confused:

johnnynumfiv
11-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, he hasn't checked the back half yet... :)

But seriously, it's hard to tell. Does it look like it was front- or rear-engined? Any distinguishing characteristics at all??:confused:

The front grill is solid, which led me to believe that it's rear engined, then I looked at some pics of covairs.
http://www.bogleclassiccars.com/objects/cars/63corvair/front.jpg

Looks like the fuel tank door on the fender there and the curved a-pillar

http://www.bobbittville.com/Corvair-1963GeneGather.jpg

Esperante
11-06-2005, 05:48 PM
I think you're absolutely correct, johnny. I'm positive now that that's a Corvair. The windscreen profile, the 'grille,' drum brakes, the fuel tank-it's all there.

It would cost less to buy a 'new' Corvair than restore this one.

Zondaboy1
11-06-2005, 07:39 PM
yhea when i saw it a while ago i didnt see it for that long so i thought it was restorable but when i saw it today i knew it wouldnt. the coke can i found is from 1994 and i found the bottom to a coke bottle. i'm pretty sure it was front mounted.

hec16
11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I have no clue man but that thing is unrestorable
________
xTastyJessx (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/xTastyJessx)

Juggs
11-06-2005, 09:52 PM
not to sound like a hillbilly but theres all kinds of cars in the woods around here lol

carsnut
11-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Zondaboy - The girl in the pic is ur sis?

Egg Nog
11-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Woah, mint. :)

Yeah that's a Corvair! - Bring shovels and dig out the back end so you can take a look at the engine :D

forza_autodelta
11-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Ummmm is it just me or does that NOT make sense.
my ****ing English has no sens:D

Esperante
11-07-2005, 08:07 AM
yhea when i saw it a while ago i didnt see it for that long so i thought it was restorable but when i saw it today i knew it wouldnt. the coke can i found is from 1994 and i found the bottom to a coke bottle. i'm pretty sure it was front mounted.
Wouldn't be frount mounted if there's a gas nozzle in the front. :D

RISE AGAINST
11-07-2005, 09:03 AM
I think the question is... how the hell did a corvair get buried in your back yard? Oooooooohhh... maybe it's like a christine corvair. You know... an evil car!

THAT WOULD BE SICK!

QuattroMan
11-07-2005, 06:55 PM
the reason i thought it could have been a mustang was i only saw it for a second and 2 its pretty screwed up
sorry bro,no way in the hell you can restore that...NO WAY!:)

ZemoButts
11-07-2005, 08:40 PM
i bet there a body in the trunk. lol jks

werty
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
even if you did just glance at it, how could you even think it was restorable? You knew it was a 60's car, so that means it could have been soaked in mud for 35+ years.

There is only one thing you can do now....

Set it on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p

ZemoButts
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
look in the glove box and the trunk first maybe theres info on the car

RISE AGAINST
11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't believe him. I think we should do an egg nogg test. That's if he can find the rotted up shift linkage.

j/k

forza_autodelta
11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
hey n it stucked in the mud , could keep the wheeling :p

trinogt
11-10-2005, 08:50 PM
I think that is the actual car that was buried by Ralph Nader... You know, the guy who wrote the book about the Corvair "Unsafe at any speed", describing the car's tendency to roll over in moderate evasive manoevers?
(tongue in cheek)

Yeah, that book actually contributed to the death of the little Corvair (even though it was discovered to be mainly unfounded information), but probably not as effectively as the 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang did!

Try to pull some VINs off the car and see what you come up with! I remember the story a while ago about a buried, rare race car... GT 40, I think? It was dug up after a fire destroyed the shop it was in, and dirt was pushed up around it (inadvertantly, I'm sure). It was discovered many, many years later, then rebuilt as accurately as possible, according to info from the famous owner... (look the story up, see if you can verify what I am saying; could be a totally different car altogether)

rev440
11-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Wow zondaboy! To tell you the truth i thought you were just running your mouth but sweet find! Would you mind including more pictures of the car and your sister?

pussywillow
11-13-2005, 07:42 PM
that car is cursed

Dan Flynn
11-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Looks like a case for CSI.

bigblackcad
11-20-2005, 02:42 PM
yup that be a mid-sixes corvair nice find man
in my town there's a 58 chevy or pontiac on it's side at the bottom of an embankment buried up to the mid-line

unixrevolution
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I think that is the actual car that was buried by Ralph Nader... You know, the guy who wrote the book about the Corvair "Unsafe at any speed", describing the car's tendency to roll over in moderate evasive manoevers?
(tongue in cheek)

Yeah, that book actually contributed to the death of the little Corvair (even though it was discovered to be mainly unfounded information), but probably not as effectively as the 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang did!

Try to pull some VINs off the car and see what you come up with! I remember the story a while ago about a buried, rare race car... GT 40, I think? It was dug up after a fire destroyed the shop it was in, and dirt was pushed up around it (inadvertantly, I'm sure). It was discovered many, many years later, then rebuilt as accurately as possible, according to info from the famous owner... (look the story up, see if you can verify what I am saying; could be a totally different car altogether)

Actually, Chevy was getting ready to kill the whole Corvair line in '64, but Nader's book actually spurred the much safer '65 model year redesign of the rear suspension. Chevy also kept the car in production so that people wouldn't think Nader's book is why they killed it. It eventually ceased production because of expense to produce and dwindling sales. The last Vairs were made in 1969. Their main competition was actually not the Mustang, but Ford's compact Falcon (both were economy cars.) I remember a '60 or '61 Ford ad where they bragged that the "Falcon is up to $75 cheaper than its rear engined compeditor." Both had performance versions, sedans, wagons, and convertibles. the Corvair line even included trucks and van variants! As for your particular vair, you may have a couple salvagable rubber hoses. If nothing else, dig out the back end. you should have enough of an engine to get at least 20 bucks on ebay for what's left, or a very nice decorative lawn ornament or planter!

VtecMini
11-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Don't listen to them. Get yourself a bottle of T Cut, a pot of P40 and a few cans of paint. It'll look a treat in no time.

Zondaboy1
11-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Wow zondaboy! To tell you the truth i thought you were just running your mouth but sweet find! Would you mind including more pictures of the car and your sister?
it's not my sister. she's in 4th grade (my mate's sister) it's starting to get cold and i'm not able to stay out (plus my camera got jacked:mad: ) so i'll get pix during the next season)

crisis
11-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Your mates sister needs shoes.
If it is a Corvair it wasnt worth having new let alone restored.;)
Interesting find all the same.