PDA

View Full Version : newby here....

jocache83
11-10-2005, 10:58 AM
hey guys, i've just started and done only 3 cars this year (2 toyota celicas, and a supra).. i still consider myself a rookie

i was just browsing the net and came upon this website.. going through the forums and looking at the pics resparked my interest on building more cars. so i bought a fujimi amemiya greddy rx-8 and a tamiya nismo r34 skyline gt-r z-tune.. once i'm done with them ill post some pics..

Suka
11-10-2005, 11:00 AM
I look forward to seeing your creations. Welcome to the forum!! :D

Rockefella
11-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Welcome to UCP! Hope you like the forum. If you have any questions or concerns, just ask away.

Dino Scuderia
11-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Welcome!

Be glad you got the Greddy RX-8 kit and not the RX-7, it's horrible....but in either case get your skills sharpened before you tackle the Fujimi kit.

jorismo
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Welcome!!

Make sure you stick around and let us know everything of your creations!

austy351
11-10-2005, 02:35 PM
welcome!!
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

11-10-2005, 02:37 PM
enjoy your time here!

jocache83
11-10-2005, 05:49 PM
thanks for the replays guys.. i have a lot of questions to ask so hopefully you guys can help..

- are fujimi kits harder to build?
- i ordered my kit from best1hobby.com.. has anyone ordered from them?

- i painted my girlfriends tamiya celica kit pink and she doesnt display it, so im going to take it back so i can work on it... how can i remove the pink paint from the kit??

thanks again guys.

carsnut
11-10-2005, 05:52 PM
thanks for the replays guys.. i have a lot of questions to ask so hopefully you guys can help..

- i painted my girlfriends tamiya celica kit pink and she doesnt display it, so im going to take it back so i can work on it... how can i remove the pink paint from the kit??

thanks again guys.

Brake fluid? Paint stripper? Sand the body? Just ideas;)

jimlad
11-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Welcome :)

On another note, Dino Scuderia, you know anything about the Fujimi Ferrari 512 Berlinetta Boxer kit? Someone has offered it to me for free after seeing the Gt3 :eek: :cool:

Dino Scuderia
11-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Welcome :)

On another note, Dino Scuderia, you know anything about the Fujimi Ferrari 512 Berlinetta Boxer kit? Someone has offered it to me for free after seeing the Gt3 :eek: :cool:

As far as I know Fujimi never made a 512BB kit, have any pics of it?

Dino Scuderia
11-11-2005, 07:47 AM

thanks again guys.

Fujimi kits are difficult to build because of their poor engineering, the RX-8 kit isn't too bad althought where they chose to seperate the front end makes it difficult to have it looking good once it's glued in place. Fujimi kits are always a surprise, th problems will be different from kit to kit but there will always be problems. Test fit everything before you paint and glue.

What kind of paint is the pink? That will determine the type of stripper you'll need.

jimlad
11-11-2005, 07:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/JimLad/Ferrari%20512BB/BB1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/JimLad/Ferrari%20512BB/BB2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/JimLad/Ferrari%20512BB/BB3.jpg

Looks like it might be an older kit, perhaps not made any more? :confused:

Dino Scuderia
11-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Oh, okay, I forgot about the 1/16 scale. It's a decent kit.

jimlad
11-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Cool, well he's sending it today (from the states :eek: ). Can't complain as I'm not paying a penny for it :D

jocache83
11-11-2005, 08:35 AM
What kind of paint is the pink? That will determine the type of stripper you'll need.[/QUOTE]

it's acrylic

Dino Scuderia
11-11-2005, 12:51 PM
What kind of paint is the pink? That will determine the type of stripper you'll need.

it's acrylic[/QUOTE]

Then use an ammonia based cleaner, if it's Tamiya's acrylic a window cleaner such as Windex will wash it off easy. Some acrylics can be tough to strip.

jocache83
11-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks Dino.. i used ammonia to take it off..

another question.. at walmart they have a cheap airbrush system (by testors) that comes with an aerosol can.. do those airbrush systems work ok like the expensive ones?

Dino Scuderia
11-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks Dino.. i used ammonia to take it off..

another question.. at walmart they have a cheap airbrush system (by testors) that comes with an aerosol can.. do those airbrush systems work ok like the expensive ones?

I don't think you'll be happy with it, I know a lot of mates who got turned off of airbrushes in the beginning because they tried the lower models. My advice is to save up and buy a Badger Crescendo or Paache VL and a good air compressor, or get a C02 bottle to use as an air source.