PDA

View Full Version : Izusu takes charge

SlickHolden
11-13-2005, 11:24 PM
ISUZU Motors Ltd has taken 100 per cent ownership of its truck operations in Australia following its purchase of General Motors’ 40 per cent stake in the company.

The transaction, and therefore actual change in ownership from Isuzu-General Motors to Isuzu, was completed last week and, according to Isuzu, will allow it to work more closely with its Australian subsidiary on sales and new product initiatives.

Formed in 1989, I-GM was a joint-venture company responsible for the distribution and marketing of Isuzu (Holden-badged) light commercial vehicles and 4WDs and Isuzu trucks Down Under.

Holden managed the business until 2001, when responsibility for the LCV business transferred back to Holden, leaving I-GM to concentrate solely on trucks.
What else can GM sell to save there Arse's ??.
Holden has already laid off jobs and gets cheaper parts from overseas what else can be done?.
Anyone got any spare $$$$ We could buy Holden back.
Lets call Dick Smith Lindsey fox Kerry Packer etc:D.

adrenaline
11-16-2005, 12:37 AM
GM have too many brands...they need to get rid of saab and saturn...lol in the middle of the 'employee discounts for all' back in july-august pontiac still didnt make an increase...the whole promotion was gay anyway...wat was GM thinking? sell off cars without making profit???..they still wondered why they lost ca$h...dumbasses

atleast with ford mo co they have all their brands concentrated and there arent any that are under nourished...and they are doing well with their platform sharing..with ford, lincoln, mercury, volvo having alot in common with some cars..think mazda6 platform....GM dont have much of that goin on do they?

Mr. Jinx
11-16-2005, 05:19 AM
Its the Mazda 3/Focus/S40 that share the same platform

Many SUVs in Cadillac/Chevrolet/GMC/Hummer share the same platform.....
like the H3 with - i think - the Colorado...
Also, the SAAB 9-7X runs on the GMT360 platform as with the Buick Rainier, Chevrolet TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy. The 9-2X is a WRX.

but Ford US's financial state isnt too flash either, just check this out:
http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/9-23019-517109-22325/ford-honda%20incentives.jpg

GM should be on the bounce back in the states soon because they're 06 SUV range is much better than the previous one, especially the interiors.

Neways, i think GM is poo. They have to get their act together soon, because they just cant keep aquiring brands and selling them, especially at a loss. It doesnt help anyone.

SlickHolden
11-16-2005, 05:29 AM
There was talk that Buick was to be axed.
In the U.S they think of Chev Buick Pontiac etc as GM anyway get them under 1 roof with the best they have and they might go better.
Holden is rare in GM.. They make a Profit:p

adrenaline
11-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Its the Mazda 3/Focus/S40 that share the same platform

yea its also mazda6, fusion, zephyr, milan...they all on the mazda6 platform..the fusion, zephyr and milan are on a slightly wider version of the mazda6 architecture....still the same though...

then theres the explorer, navigator....

and then theres the new architecture thats gonna be shared between the aviator and the equator i think its called...but is that the same architeture as the fusion family?? cant remember....

then theres the escape/ tribute bond...

and the new XK/ aston sharing...the XK looks too much like an aston though....

what else is there??

meh...america should steal the 07 falcon architecture...stretch it and use it for the crown vic.. maybe even export falcons...americans prolly wont buy em though...too expensive...cheapos:D
america definately needs a ford territory equivalent..kill off the freestyle its fugly...

geez...let ford oz take over america...lol they will fix it!!:D

fpv_gtho
11-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Is it clear that it was a sell-off, or that Isuzu wanted to jump out of a sinking ship?

A few years ago when Ford finally put 100% effort into their Premium Automotive Group, they actually had to restructure some of the linups as they had too much in house competition. You could argue with Jaguar and Aston Martin still kicking strong (AM stronger than ever perhaps), they still have that problem. The DB7 and last model XK were actually the same car under the skin.

SlickHolden
11-18-2005, 05:56 AM
It was a sell-off but i guess Isuzu wouldn't disagree with you on the sinking ship:D