Vindesh17
11-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Those wheels look suspiciously Chopped.

I was thinking the same thing.

P4g4nite
11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
i know but wouldnt it be great if it really looked like that
No, it would be total shite.

Do you have any clue how wheels that huge would destroy the handling, ride and steering of a car famously focused on handling and balance?

giant wheels are for ricers. <-period

The bonnet bulge looks a little suspicious to me also, M cars are notoriously sleepers I can't see a bonnet bulge going into production, even with the V8.

IBrake4Rainbows
11-15-2005, 09:50 PM
The Current M3 Has a Bonnet Bulge.

johnnyperl
11-15-2005, 09:59 PM
the whole thing is fake

CSL
11-15-2005, 10:10 PM
No, it would be total shite.

Do you have any clue how wheels that huge would destroy the handling, ride and steering of a car famously focused on handling and balance?

giant wheels are for ricers. <-period

The bonnet bulge looks a little suspicious to me also, M cars are notoriously sleepers I can't see a bonnet bulge going into production, even with the V8.

i wasant talking about the wheels

P4g4nite
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
The Current M3 Has a Bonnet Bulge.
BWAHAHAHAHA! good catch.

I've looked, but i'd never noticed it before..this just proves my point about subtlety ..yeah, that's what it does..

P4g4nite
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
i wasant talking about the wheels
I don't care!

feel my wrath!!

IBrake4Rainbows
11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA! good catch.

I've looked, but i'd never noticed it before..this just proves my point about subtlety ..yeah, that's what it does..

Nice Cover:D .......

P4g4nite
11-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Nice Cover .......
That's why they call me Dr. Smooth.

IBrake4Rainbows
11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Who Calls you Dr. Smooth?

The Voices?

Do the Voices talk to you :D

P4g4nite
11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Who Calls you Dr. Smooth?

The Voices?

Do the Voices talk to you

OH God...all the TIME MAN!!

Only killing and torturing seems to shut them up temporarily.

Cadillac Imaj
11-16-2005, 02:39 AM
It look's great even if it's fake...
I love it.
I love the large CSL wheels too.
Does anyone know the profile of the tyres? They're really thin.

Tourbillon
11-16-2005, 02:53 AM
OH God...all the TIME MAN!!

Only killing and torturing seems to shut them up temporarily.

May the souls of those killed and tortured RIP.

henk4
11-16-2005, 03:03 AM
May the souls of those killed and tortured RIP.

interesting that you mention that in a Ring related thread. There are no official figures but it is estimated that already about 400 people have been killed while trying to experience how it is to drive fast on a difficult track. These figures are not published as the Ring owner does not want endanger his business. It is forbidden to take pictures of accidents on the Ring. Those who do risk a fine of 15,000 (!) Euro.

The Pilot
11-16-2005, 04:08 AM
Wowwww. Very cute. Especially the rims

:Exige:
11-16-2005, 04:51 AM
interesting that you mention that in a Ring related thread. There are no official figures but it is estimated that already about 400 people have been killed while trying to experience how it is to drive fast on a difficult track. These figures are not published as the Ring owner does not want endanger his business. It is forbidden to take pictures of accidents on the Ring. Those who do risk a fine of 15,000 (!) Euro.
Its illegal to take video (and pictures I think) from inside the car apart from on special occasions too ie. under an agreement with a car manufacturer like BMW.

eltrono
11-16-2005, 10:10 AM
lol, sorry for queston but wich ring are you guys talking about?? :( :confused:
and those wheels look really nice i like the rims hehe

Piacki_117
11-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Nürburgring, of course.
Awful car in my opinion.

eltrono
11-16-2005, 10:32 AM
sorry again for same question but how come they wont let you take pictures or videos? is it because of bad publicity?, and who owns the race track?? :confused: does somebody knows?

11-16-2005, 10:45 AM
People get reckless, for example most cars crashed at the ring have a timer in them!

henk4
11-16-2005, 11:00 AM
sorry again for same question but how come they wont let you take pictures or videos? is it because of bad publicity?, and who owns the race track?? :confused: does somebody knows?

the owner is Nuerburgring GmbH. They are interested in cashing 25 euro for every lap people want to do there, and not interested in negative publicity, that would for instance ask to close the track for general public and only allow factory test activities.

PerfAdv
11-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I am sure those who challenge the 'ring know this. All racing is dangerous and a track that's harder to master brings about more accidents. Isn't that the main reason the Targa Florio was cancelled?

If you start pushing the limits without enough runoff, guess what happens? You touch something! :(

henk4
11-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I am sure those who challenge the 'ring know this. All racing is dangerous and a track that's harder to master brings about more accidents. Isn't that the main reason the Targa Florio was cancelled?

If you start pushing the limits without enough runoff, guess what happens? You touch something! :(

I agree that all racing is dangerous, but here you are "racing" with people who may not have had any track training before, and just a fast car. On the other hand, many fatalaties concern motorcycles.

PerfAdv
11-16-2005, 12:00 PM
I agree that all racing is dangerous, but here you are "racing" with people who may not have had any track training before, and just a fast car. On the other hand, many fatalaties concern motorcycles.
True, putting inexperience together with speed can very easily end in disaster.

Motorcycles, that explains it. Do you know if they have such a rule about photography at the Isle of Man, TT? Whenever I watch that race, I'm expecting something horrible. In the few times I've seen it, no major accidents.

Matra et Alpine
11-16-2005, 12:16 PM
There are no restrictions on photography on the Isle of Man other than common human decency.
Bikers dont' revel in death and carnage.
The closest you get is pics of memorials to those lost.
I stopped and said prayer and took a pic of the flowers whre David Jeffries had died only hours before during practice.

Bikers would beat up anyone insensitive enough to want to film or photograph an accident. Partly because we are human and all know how close we are to it being us if you ride fast and knowing that you seldom survive if it happens at anything above 50mph on roads :(

Sadly every year there are always "something horrible" either in practice, race or even parade laps, not to mention during the week with 30,000 bikes out on the roads.

The other BIG wanring about Nordschliefe is that anyeno can take anything on the track. So you HAVE to drive to the vanishing point - which is a LOT slower than driving to memory. Ronud a bend there may be a bus. Also car and biek dont' mix well as bikes will pull away VERY easy and often overtake on the straight seconts only to have to brake A LOT EARLIER than a car. Some car drivers dont' realise this and some accidents with bikes of guys I've vaguely known have been cars hitting THEM in braking zones :(

PerfAdv
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
^^Thanks for that insight.

Have you done the TT course? If not competitively, just for perspective?

MrKipling
11-17-2005, 04:40 AM
I was at Oulton Park yesterday and, although it's not on the same scale as the 'Ring it's very similar in character. Huge gradient changes, bits covered by trees (that stay wet), blind crests and weird cambers.

The number of 'offs' that day was just ridiculous (eight or nine read flags I think) – some guy in a Scooby STi Wagon on semi-slicks (!) managed to stuff it in the barrier backwards. People drive like twats on race circuits, they don't realise how fast they're going and they lose control - it's the 'realistic' driving game's fault. I bloody hate track days, they make me nervous - give me a hillclimb any day of the week.

Matra et Alpine
11-17-2005, 05:07 AM
^^Thanks for that insight.

Have you done the TT course? If not competitively, just for perspective?

every year.

Always find at least one morning to go out at 4am and blast the empty road - usually with a few other riders though, it's never completely empty. No speed limit, knowledge that everyone's going in the same direction and knowing that others are there and may overtake or you overtake them. Taking corners at 130+ hugging the tank trying to keep out of the air blast to keep the speed up. LOVE IT :)

The only way to get from place to place is to use the road used in the race, so for the rest of the days there are THOUSANDS of bikes on it. Sadly that's when lots of accidents happen as riders try to keep up and lack the skill or just forget the dangers. Sadly two years ago I was first first-aider on scene to a bike meeting a transit van in the opposite direction. The van doing 50, the bike doing over 100. Reminds of the dangers :( All we could do was 'comfort' the rider in his last few moments of life ! I've also attended many bikes in ditches, broken legs, collar bones, arms. I've been IN the ditch once myself too - no serious damage to me or bike.

For one week on the island you do get a little blase about life and accidents, but it also heightens your appreciation of your own life.

Matra et Alpine
11-17-2005, 05:11 AM
I was at Oulton Park yesterday and, although it's not on the same scale as the 'Ring it's very similar in character. Huge gradient changes, bits covered by trees (that stay wet), blind crests and weird cambers.
one of the best :)

The number of 'offs' that day was just ridiculous (eight or nine read flags I think) – some guy in a Scooby STi Wagon on semi-slicks (!) managed to stuff it in the barrier backwards. People drive like twats on race circuits, they don't realise how fast they're going and they lose control - it's the 'realistic' driving game's fault. I bloody hate track days, they make me nervous - give me a hillclimb any day of the week.
We dont' go to general trackdays anymore as you always get the clowns. I stopped years ago when I saw a Fiesta stuff the rear of a 911 that had overtaken him on the short straight. The idiot left his braking as late as the 911s :( Only trackdays I do now are with friends and known clubs who ensure same ability cars and drivers go on track in the same sessions.
Alpine GTA owner hillclimbs in Norther England/Scotland and in return for lending him some slicks, he's twisting my arm to enter the championship with the A610. I've horrid memories of Doune hillclimb though that proved expensive. Which hillclimbs do you do ????

MrKipling
11-17-2005, 05:46 AM
So far just Prescott and (next year) the Shesley Walsh (both in Caterhams), but I'm hoping to do the Cavallino (?) Classic in Italy next year. Dunno what motor though.

I'm want to do some sprints in 2006 too, problem is I have to blag a car every time I want to do one - too young and too poor to own a track-worthy car!

I was at Oulton for a HANS device 'safety awareness day' (organised by Redline Motorsport) and the guy from Schroth was bloody excellent - it was a real eye opener about race car safety. He mentioned that belts have to be wrapped in a certain way around the roll-cage in order for them not to unravel in an accident - after wandering round the paddock, we found not one of the cars had the belts properly installed. Check your 'wraps' - I think you can see how it's done properly on the schroth website.

It was also interesting getting to try one of the HANS devices on the track - you could hardly notice that it was there - quite brilliant. I really don't know why everyone isn't wearing them. 100G crash survival - I'll have some of that!

MrKipling
11-17-2005, 05:53 AM
Also, Schroth showed us their new detachable track day harness. ****ing brilliant idea - it all clips in & out using seat belt buckles. Perfect for scoobies and the like.

Matra et Alpine
11-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Also, Schroth showed us their new detachable track day harness. ****ing brilliant idea - it all clips in & out using seat belt buckles. Perfect for scoobies and the like.
Checked out the web site . Interesting.

Do you have to fit one of the tails onto the seat belt mounting ? It only looks as if one end clips in to the standard seat belt clip. This would be ideal for teaching folks in there own car on trackdays and for the "purist" classic car owner who'd like to do a little bit of competition :D

Amaru
11-22-2005, 04:29 AM
^^^^^^
Off-topic?

I like that car a lot. :)

But can anyone post some un-chopped images of the new M3?
I've been a bit busy lately, so I wasn't able to keep me up to date.
But have the new M3 pics arrived yet?
If they did, can you guys please post me some pictures here.

Thanks! :)