PDA

View Full Version : general photography comp #23 [RUN-OFF]

Cotterik
11-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Following Furious_Fiero's previous disqualification from comp #23 and the next 2 competitions, due to the following rule:

Any users who enter and vote for themselves automatically recieve a 2 week penalty from the competition and all votes previously given to his/her photo are removed.

..the victory is to be handed down to a tie-breaker between the following entries:

Vote for which photo you think is best.

Zeppelin
Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta
October 24, 2005
Kodak DX6340
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147815&d=1131589309

Cotterik
Pumpkins dressed by sparklers
Halloween party
Last weekend
Canon Powershot A85
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147259&d=1131395796

Niko_Fx
11-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Make the thread again with a public poll... Sorry I cannot change it myself.

Edit: I closed the poll as people kept voting.

Cotterik
11-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I couldnt change it once i'd made the poll. You'll have to edit the thread and make a poll since i cannot. Any mod could do that for me please.

Niko_Fx
11-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I couldnt change it once i'd made the poll. You'll have to edit the thread and make a poll since i cannot. Any mod could do that for me please.

I cannot edit the poll as far as making it public goes. You'll have to make a complete new thread with a brand new poll and make it public from scratch... Sorry :(

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Next time be sure to post the voting rules IN the voting thread and not in another thread. This problem would not have happened if that was the case.

One other suggestion...why not make the voting annonomous? So that people are voting for favorite members. Thats how they do it in my sportbike forum...the outcome is very positive!

Cotterik
11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
the rules are in the thread at the start of the week for each member to read before the entry is given. Then the voting thread is a simple 3 day long thread for people to vote, the rules are already understood.

I'll have to re-make this thread then.

Niko_Fx
11-16-2005, 03:38 PM
One other suggestion...why not make the voting annonomous? So that people are voting for favorite members. Thats how they do it in my sportbike forum...the outcome is very positive!

Everyone would vote for himself... They will remain public for the fairness of the game.

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Everyone would vote for himself... They will remain public for the fairness of the game.

So why not just allow everyone to vote for themself, I think its more fair if the voting is annonomous...because if names are posted, some people will base their voting on the member, and not the picture.

Esperante
11-16-2005, 04:08 PM
So why not just allow everyone to vote for themself, I think its more fair if the voting is annonomous...because if names are posted, some people will base their voting on the member, and not the picture.
Because if everyone just voted themselves it really wouldn't be a competition, aye?

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Because if everyone just voted themselves it really wouldn't be a competition, aye?

For all the people that arent in the competition, they will make a difference. Why would you enter a competition, and vote for someone else when you are trying to win. All the votes for yourself will just be cancelled out by everyone else voting for themself.

Esperante
11-16-2005, 04:18 PM
For all the people that arent in the competition, they will make a difference. But most of the people who vote in the competitions are the entrants themselves.

Why would you enter a competition, and vote for someone else when you are trying to win.
That's one of the mosty careless and arrogant things I've heard as of late. You're trying to win by creating a good photo, not by rigging a competition.

All the votes for yourself will just be cancelled out by everyone else voting for themself.
That's pointless. By your logic, that would mean that all photographers should be banned from voting in the comps altoghether. Photographers hold a much more informed vote than the common person browsing the forums.

Niko_Fx
11-16-2005, 04:55 PM
For all the people that arent in the competition, they will make a difference. Why would you enter a competition, and vote for someone else when you are trying to win. All the votes for yourself will just be cancelled out by everyone else voting for themself.

The fact is (and you should know it) that everyone will start making extra accounts to give an extra 1-2 votes when needed. People has done it even with public polls, so the abuse and cheat with private polls would be tremendous.

It will remain public, and if you don't want to give your vote to someone else just don't vote at all!... Although imo it's always nice to give it to the person that deserves it, even if that particular someone is ahead of you.

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
The fact is (and you should know it) that everyone will start making extra accounts to give an extra 1-2 votes when needed. People has done it even with public polls, so the abuse and cheat with private polls would be tremendous.

It will remain public, and if you don't want to give your vote to someone else just don't vote at all!... Although imo it's always nice to give it to the person that deserves it, even if that particular someone is ahead of you.

I dont think you understand my logics. This is a competition. Its like going out to a Nascar race, and betting on your openent to win. Why would you do that? I dont think people who entered the competition should be banned from voting, its there choice to vote...but why would you vote for your oponent to win. What happens if you lose by one vote?...and the person who won, is the person you voted for. How stupid would you feel..

johnnynumfiv
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I dont think you understand my logics. This is a competition. Its like going out to a Nascar race, and betting on your openent to win. Why would you do that? I dont think people who entered the competition should be banned from voting, its there choice to vote...but why would you vote for your oponent to win. What happens if you lose by one vote?...and the person who won, is the person you voted for. How stupid would you feel..

This is a civil competition;)

This is the way it's always been, it's not going to change so just go with the flow or don't enter.:)

Niko_Fx
11-16-2005, 06:23 PM
but why would you vote for your oponent to win. What happens if you lose by one vote?...and the person who won, is the person you voted for. How stupid would you feel..

Don't vote at all then!!

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Don't vote at all then!!

Or why dont you just say Im right, and you understand.

Esperante
11-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Or why dont you just say Im right, and you understand.
Because that would be ridiculous-your logic is flawed as well s your morals with this competition.

Rockefella
11-16-2005, 07:44 PM
We've just decided as the UCP community that voting for yourself is immoral, and will not be allowed.

PerfAdv
11-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Furious, there is no grand prize. It's a competition in the sense that your pic goes up against others and you impartially judge which is best. If ppl started voting for their own pics this couldn't be possible. If some are trading votes then it also defeats the purpose of such a competition. The fact that many appreciated your pic is the prize. Be happy with that and let it be.

I've gotten a lot of ideas watching the comp and hopefully it'll translate to better photography.

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 08:07 PM
riiigghhhttt okkkk

Esperante
11-16-2005, 08:10 PM
riiigghhhttt okkkk
You're sarcastic and over the top sarcastic remark has won the debate! I must give in to furious fiero's exorberant demands!

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 08:13 PM
You're sarcastic and over the top sarcastic remark has one the debate! I must give in to furious fiero's exorberant demands!

Yes, you must prase to the mighty god of "FURIOUS FIERO"
:D

furious_fiero
11-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Ok ok guys. Im not gonna stay on here and create shit with you guys. I made a mistake, and I payed for it.

Next time I'll be good :)