PDA

View Full Version : Kind of music you like to hear while driving

Niko_Fx
02-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Punk all the way (Nofx, Pennywise, No use for a name, The Casualties, Millencolin, The Vandals, Union 13, etc etc)

I consider punk listeners as a minority because everybody listens to rap and hip hop, so I make sure my volume is pretty high to represent the music I love.

bige321786
02-19-2004, 06:48 PM
I don't know if I'd go that far as to say that everybody these days is listening to rap and hip hop. Just the MTV watchers, thats all.

Me, personally, its gotta be some good old 'those were the days' tunes for me. The Stones, the Dead, Doors, Jimi, and the Beatles will do just fine, thank you.

Homem de Gelo
02-19-2004, 08:35 PM
The same I like when I'm at home.
:)
Basically rock, and sometimes some eletronic and dance stuff.

Doza
02-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Punk all the way (Nofx, Pennywise, No use for a name, The Casualties, Millencolin, The Vandals, Union 13, etc etc)

I consider punk listeners as a minority because everybody listens to rap and hip hop, so I make sure my volume is pretty high to represent the music I love.
ROFL. Punk is the fad in the states now. Or, that's what they call it. Avril Lavigne, Good Charolotte, New Found Glory, and Simple Plan is what MTV plays alot. Me, I stick the NOFX(see avatar), some ska, a few other punk bands... and MSI. Mindless Self Indulgence is what I'd call evil Indie. It's not soft or slow like Brand New, but doesn't fit any other label. Other frequents are old rock comps and when I gotta do it all up gangsta, the Hip-Hop.

Wheelman
02-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Personally, I'm quite content to drive around with my windows down on a summer night and listen only to the sound of my engine revs rising and falling in unison with the faint whistle of my supercharger.

Comunista
02-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Personally, I'm quite content to drive around with my windows down on a summer night and listen only to the sound of my engine revs rising and falling in unison with the faint whistle of my supercharger.

when i got the new car i totally went around in January weather w/ the sunroof wide open just listening to the revs. it's great.

Niko_Fx
02-19-2004, 09:57 PM
I hope I could also listen to my supercharger, or my turbo's blow off valve................. but I don't have one :(

bige321786
02-20-2004, 12:41 AM

what do you drive Wheelman? any pics to post?

NoOne
02-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Punk all the way (Nofx, Pennywise, No use for a name, The Casualties, Millencolin, The Vandals, Union 13, etc etc) I absolutely agree, throw in The Dead Kennedys, The Exploited, Operation Ivy, Dropkick Murphys and Funeral Oration !!

But I also listen to newer bands: Disturbed, White Stripes and recently The Trews, and I have a heavy retro streak in me: Van Halen(w/David Lee Roth), Triumph, Rush(prior to Moving Pictures) Deep Purple, The Clash ...

Right again, but I have it cranked for myself not for the "entertainment" of the neighborhood ... tho it is fun to shut down "Joe Ricer" and his Eminem blaring Civic at a red light. :D

Niko_Fx
02-20-2004, 07:47 AM
I absolutely agree, throw in The Dead Kennedys, The Exploited, Operation Ivy, Dropkick Murphys and Funeral Oration !!

But I also listen to newer bands: Disturbed, White Stripes and recently The Trews, and I have a heavy retro streak in me: Van Halen(w/David Lee Roth), Triumph, Rush(prior to Moving Pictures) Deep Purple, The Clash ...

Right again, but I have it cranked for myself not for the "entertainment" of the neighborhood ... tho it is fun to shut down "Joe Ricer" and his Eminem blaring Civic at a red light. :D

No no no :( :( no "eminems" on civics........ I have a civic!!

ps: the exploited rules, I forgot to mention that band.

Wheelman
02-20-2004, 12:01 PM
what do you drive Wheelman? any pics to post?

She's a 1990 VW Corrado G60 with a 1.8L supercharged 8-valve I4, and a 5-speed. She's my baby, and her name is Aria.

Niko_Fx
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM
She's a 1990 VW Corrado G60 with a 1.8L supercharged 8-valve I4, and a 5-speed. She's my baby, and her name is Aria.

That's a nice car, I've seen it on the streets only once. What's the stock hp of it?

Wheelman
02-20-2004, 12:23 PM
That's a nice car, I've seen it on the streets only once. What's the stock hp of it?

Stock is 160 BHP and 166 lb-ft torque, and the curb weight is 2700 lbs.

Niko_Fx
02-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Stock is 160 BHP and 166 lb-ft torque, and the curb weight is 2700 lbs.

Good hp for the wheight it has, did you dyno test it after putting the supercharger on??

Wheelman
02-20-2004, 12:32 PM
The Corrado with the G60 engine comes with the supercharger. I haven't modified the engine at all. It's a factory supercharger.

Niko_Fx
02-20-2004, 12:58 PM
The Corrado with the G60 engine comes with the supercharger. I haven't modified the engine at all. It's a factory supercharger.

oops didn't know, i'm not very familiar with that car :rolleyes:

Cotterik
08-12-2004, 01:39 AM
Anything loud :D Yea, I dont drive, but i know when i do itll be LOUD when im driving fast wooo!

henk4
08-12-2004, 05:09 AM
on topic again:

Paolo Conte

F1LM My Car
08-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Wouldn't really know, never had a working stereo in my car.

Quiggs
08-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Finch, LostProphets, Chevelle, The Juliana Theory, and Senses Fail. Senses Fail is great when you're having some fun in the mountains. ;)

Sidenote, Wheelman, nice car. Just lower it. :) And have you had to replace the charger yet? It's a chronic problem on those cars.

F1LM My Car
08-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Sell it and get your Vic already.

Ferrari Tifosi
08-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Widespread Panic, moe, Jimi Hendrix, Tom Petty, The Grateful Dead, Cream, Eric Clapton, BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert King, Miles Davis, The Allman Brothers, Leftover Salmon, etc....

All great bands.... Jam Bands make the best music.

taz_rocks_miami
08-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Blink 182, Bon Jovi, Butthole Surfers, Creed, Evanescence, Guns N Roses, Metalica, R.E.M., Stone Temple Pilots, The Police, Van Halen...in other words ROCK :eek:

Taz.

MrVette83
08-12-2004, 09:29 PM
I enjoy listening to something really upbeat. Swizzbeats isn't too bad, on Friday and Saturday nights on XM Channel 9 they have a show called Spin Cycle and they play a lot of upbeat dance mix type stuff and I enjoy that while driving...fast. I don't really care for any of that type of music unless I'm driving, kind of odd I always thought.