PDA

View Full Version : 70 HT Monaro

chevronracer
11-23-2005, 07:31 PM
a guy i know told me the other day he used to have an HT monaro
but what he told me next horrified me, "it went rusty so i took out the running gear and dumped the body"

i couldnt believe it, to make matters worse he told it was a bathurst 350 monaro.

what i want to know is if the running gear he has sitting in the garage is the original parts out of a 350 monaro.

parts are 1 x 350 chev engine
1 x two speed auto
1 x chev 12 bolt diff

are these what they came out with and if so is the diff likely to limited slip??

any feedback would be great

cheers:

Esperante
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Not in Website Discussion.

How rusty was the body? If it wasn't salvageable he had a very valid point.

SlickHolden
11-23-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure on the old Monaro.
But if it was the Bathurst one then this guy is a Willy wonker. He has a legend there a Classic and he tossed it away??? Rust can always be fixed if it's the Original it's worth fixing it or selling it to someone that could fix it and give it the time it needs.
I think the First Monaro came with 327.
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/10272_2.jpg http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/images/10272_4.jpg

chevronracer
11-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Not in Website Discussion.

How rusty was the body? If it wasn't salvageable he had a very valid point.

all he said to me was it was quite rusty but it was a long time ago, and may not have realised its worth.

nota
11-25-2005, 03:02 PM
a guy i know told me the other day he used to have an HT monaro
but what he told me next horrified me, "it went rusty so i took out the running gear and dumped the body"

i couldnt believe it, to make matters worse he told it was a bathurst 350 monaro.

what i want to know is if the running gear he has sitting in the garage is the original parts out of a 350 monaro.

parts are 1 x 350 chev engine
1 x two speed auto
1 x chev 12 bolt diff

are these what they came out with and if so is the diff likely to limited slip??

any feedback would be great

cheers:
Yes IIRC the Powerglide (auto) versions of 350 HT/HG Monaros also had standard 12 bolt LSDs with tall 2.75 ratio (I think!)

HG 350 auto ran a detuned 275hp version of HT/HG 350 manual's 300hp, but faded memory says HT autos shared 300hp engine with manual HT 350

Whether attached to an unsalvagable body or not, genuine Falcon GT build plates by themselves are worth good money these days (as are 350 Munro plates - even if auto) so he dumped $$ on that too