PDA

View Full Version : Wheels December - Com-Gen pics of the O6 VE Commodore

Peter PaP
11-24-2005, 06:06 AM
I just got the new Wheels mag and you have got to see the new computer generated pics they made which get rid of the cammo tape. The pics arent perfect but it does give you a good idea of what the new "commie" will look like.

Its also got info on the new engine it (might) use. A 264kW 6.0L version of the Gen IV with new technology that brings the V8 down to a V4 when high power isnt needed.

I would scan the pages but i dont have a scanner :mad: If anyones gets it scan away!

SlickHolden
11-24-2005, 12:26 PM
I think wheels have lost some credibility after there VE design. When it was found it was a U.S concept car they used people got the shits.
So anything they show I'll take with one eye on them first.
Don't worry about the pics I'm sure they will be on here in days;).
I don't think we will see any engine under 250kw for the VZ and nothing under 265kw for the VE.

They really gave me the shits wheels Mag i wont buy there crap anymore talk about a real lie and a half lucky some noticed a resemblance and pointing it out talk about trying to sell mags lol.

Mr. Jinx
11-25-2005, 02:46 AM
Here are the pics:

Cyco
11-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Who did that, its not very good? You can see the grill has been raised several cm and it looks more like an older Falcon or Camery than the camoflagued pick on the left, which still looks very Commodore.

Whiteballz, or any of the PS guys, can you do a better job on this?

IBrake4Rainbows
11-25-2005, 04:20 AM
Those particular ones mr. Jinx has posted are from MOTOR, not wheels.

But there remarkably similar, although Wheels goes for an edgier rear-light design.

Peter PaP
11-25-2005, 04:21 AM
@SlickHolden: Ye sorry that was a typo ye its a 264kW with DOD. I sorta know what you mean but i guess the new VE has got to look something like what they got.

@Mr. Jinx they arent the pics, thats from MOTOR i got that issue.

SlickHolden
11-25-2005, 05:15 AM
Here are some off Wheels MAG. There are more i'll just need to get around and grab them to:).

nota
11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
^^ OMG its a fat 380 :D

Mr. Jinx
11-25-2005, 04:22 PM
ooo...Sorry bout the wrong pictures fellows. I just stole them off another forum :p. http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=0&fID=3&tID=58586
n.b: I didn't do the chop (removing the cammo)

The grille reminds me of a JS Vectra...

2ndclasscitizen
11-26-2005, 02:07 AM
the Com-Gens in Wheels were crap, all someone did was just draw straight over the spy shots

SlickHolden
11-26-2005, 07:06 AM
They said when the VE was out people we recognise it still as a commodore, I think if thats it then yes it still looks like a Commodore but fully new.
I really like the front on that shot but the back is going even more on the VY but i guess they have had 4 years to get people into the new sharp edge designs that were coming.
The Torana might have just been a hey like this we hope so cause it's whats coming soon;).

adrenaline
11-27-2005, 04:55 AM
geez...the body looks similiar to a 380.....hahaha...the front is nice..not revolutionary though...too generic

the_devil2
11-27-2005, 07:23 AM
hey everybody iam new here,, i realy liked the pics, its a really cool lookin car...i loved the rear arent there any interior spied shots??

the_Devil2

SlickHolden
11-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Welcome:)

No inside shots yet that will be very close to the release date i think,
We get to see so much but they really are keeping the inside a bigger secret then the outside.
As i have said before and this backs it up even More now.
In the Holden you pay what we pay bla bla behind the VZ SS on the test track is the VE ;) these pics prove it more now.

adrenaline
11-28-2005, 05:39 AM
The closest shot that reveals a tiny bit of the interior is this one....it shows that there will likely be a vertical console in the centre much like the cuurent commodore.....looks like cheap plastic;)...

SlickHolden
11-28-2005, 01:09 PM
It wouldnt be a Commodore if it didnt have the vertical dash:D
Nah cheap plastic is in the VP :p

adrenaline
11-29-2005, 12:18 AM
it looks alot wider than in the current interior...looking at the pictures of the dude inside it the interior loooks smallish..just seems that way though

SlickHolden
11-29-2005, 09:11 AM
It's a funny one it looks big but then it looks smaller then you first think.
Might be caue they have been saying it's going to be so much bigger and it might really not be all that much larger in the end.

fpv_gtho
12-02-2005, 03:45 AM
V8 Supercars Australia possibly let slip something about the VE's dimensions not that long ago. Its well known the VE's wheelbase will be longer than VZ's, but its to a level that the VE will need fairly noticeable body modifications to fit under Project Blueprint for the 2007 V8 season. A figure of 38mm for the difference in wheelbase from VZ to VE was mentioned, and consequently alot of Holden teams are in favour of the planned control floorplan.

SlickHolden
12-04-2005, 01:33 AM
It will look funny with the VE and B?? Going around the track:D