PDA

View Full Version : Hubbly Bubbly

Clique
11-26-2005, 01:37 PM
I was out with some mates last night and came across a 'Hubbly Bubbly Bar'... The smoke was pretty strong as we had 3 coals instead of the usual 1... I was wondering if any of you have done Hubbly Bubbly and what do you think of it...P.S it is dangerous for your health?

QuattroMan
11-26-2005, 02:19 PM
I have my grandfather use to smoke that stuff all the time.

Clique
11-26-2005, 03:03 PM
yeh but is it dangerous???

Zondaboy1
11-26-2005, 03:15 PM
i'm not sure that it's super unhealty. the water in the body does filter out alot of the crap. it's called a hookah isnt it? taking anything like that into your body deliberately is bad but it's not as bad as smoking cigarettes

CHEESE-TACULAR
11-26-2005, 03:18 PM
i'm not sure that it's super unhealty. the water in the body does filter out alot of the crap. it's called a hookah isnt it? taking anything like that into your body deliberately is bad but it's not as bad as smoking cigarettes
thats all true, there are like 3 around my hose as a display and theyre all over egypt

SLoppYJeeP
11-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeh its called a hookah, it certainly isnt good for you, because it is smoking tobacco, but it isnt anywhere near as bad as ciggarets, the tobacco is alot purer and lacks the additives of ciggarrets, the water does filter out some garbage, and the nature of it makes it better (you wouldnt smoke hookah 10 times a day like you would smoke 10 ciggarrets). Instead of using 3 coals, try using one and pushing it around the tobacco as the tobacco under it gets used up.

car_fiend
11-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeh its called a hookah, it certainly isnt good for you, because it is smoking tobacco, but it isnt anywhere near as bad as ciggarets, the tobacco is alot purer and lacks the additives of ciggarrets, the water does filter out some garbage, and the nature of it makes it better (you wouldnt smoke hookah 10 times a day like you would smoke 10 ciggarrets). Instead of using 3 coals, try using one and pushing it around the tobacco as the tobacco under it gets used up.

true, really, the water filters out the bad chemicals such as cyanide. family tradition,from parents, to uncles and even aunts and all the way to grandparents, so i've done it a few times. also, there is no nicotine in pure tobacco, so there is no addiction, therefore, its not spending money all the time for your cravings.

i just got home now, and i went to spencers, in nyc, at queenscenter mall, and they actually have them selling. medium sized ones for 30, and large for iirc 50.

:Exige:
11-26-2005, 05:20 PM
If your really bothered, just use the molasses stuff. Not as good as tobacco but it doesn't have anything that can harm you.

spi-ti-tout
11-27-2005, 04:48 AM
You can have it, as already stated it's not all that dangerous, it isn't addictive as cigerettes but is addictive in another sort of way, but you can kick it if you want. I had it on my 14th birthday with a coupla mates, pretty nice.

11-27-2005, 05:06 AM
The tobacco still contains nicotene so theres a small chance you could get a nicotene addiction as the water doesn't filter it out. However, if you buy refined stuff, the nicotene content is really quite small.

bmwpower
11-27-2005, 07:16 AM
hookah???? i'm from egypt, its called SHESHA, i have friends that do it but i've never done it. I hold the same opinion as others, it isn't the worst but it sure as hell ain't healthy.

CHEESE-TACULAR
11-27-2005, 07:17 AM
hookah???? i'm from egypt, its called SHESHA, i have friends that do it but i've never done it. I hold the same opinion as others, it isn't the worst but it sure as hell ain't healthy.
i do believe thats just a slang term we use (or at least the egyptian style of saying it).

spi-ti-tout
11-27-2005, 08:10 AM
it's called Hubbly Bubbly, Mooka, Hookah, and Sheesha. I used the fourth term most often.

Zondaboy1
11-27-2005, 11:16 AM
In dubai it's a 'hookah'

spi-ti-tout
11-27-2005, 11:30 AM
It is everything in Dubai.

Zondaboy1
11-27-2005, 11:33 AM
LOL dubai is everything you mean :P

spi-ti-tout
11-27-2005, 11:35 AM
No I meant it is called everything in Dubai :)

Zondaboy1
11-27-2005, 11:39 AM
yhea i know
i was just making a 'pun'

spi-ti-tout
11-27-2005, 12:39 PM
I know :D

Misho
11-27-2005, 01:58 PM
its Shisha or Sheesha, not Shesha !!

its a pretty fun experience every once in a while. i dont really think u can get addicted to it. lots of people in the middle east smoke it. some even smoke it upto 15-20 times daily (unlike what SloopyJeep mentioned).

there are 2 main groups of tobacco. flavored and un-flavored.
in the flavored section there are all kinds of fruits: orange, lemon, mango, peach, watermelon, banana, strawberry, apple(the most common) and others. there are also cola, mint, jasmine. .. and other flavors. generally speaking, amateurs or light, new smokers are the ones that smoke flavored tobacco.

in the un-flavored types, there are also a number of variants with 3 or 4 being the most common. this is "heavier" and is mostly smoked by regular shisha smokers.

shisha originated in Turkey. and is mostly used is the middle east. just like in english, it has various names in arabic (shisha being the most common). it also has various designs. its height various from around 30 to 150cm.
contrary to the one in the picture, the general design has only a single "line" coming out i.e only 1 person can smoke it at a time.

illegally, some people mix the tobacco with drugs (such as weed) soit kinda serves as a bong (which is pretty much the asme thing but without the filtering action of the water). some use rum or a vodka/juice mix instead of the water for a more head-rushing effect !! pieces of lemon could also be placed with the water to give it a light lemony flavor.

although u need coal to light it up, the chinese have invented and tried marketing an "electric" shisha to be plugged to an electricity outlet instead of the coal. that, was a marketing disaster!! :)

PerfAdv
11-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I know it as Hookah. Does Sheesha also mean glass in Egypt? The unhealthiest part is in Hookah bars they bring these out and I don't know how clean they are...

11-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Damn you guys ... I'm really desperate for Hookah now. Is it possible to get addicted to something you haven't taken in 3 years? :)

CHEESE-TACULAR
11-27-2005, 03:26 PM
I know it as Hookah. Does Sheesha also mean glass in Egypt? The unhealthiest part is in Hookah bars they bring these out and I don't know how clean they are...
---no:p ---

PerfAdv
11-27-2005, 03:27 PM
---no:p ---
are you sure:p

CHEESE-TACULAR
11-27-2005, 04:59 PM
are you sure:p
im egyptian:cool:

spi-ti-tout
11-28-2005, 04:24 AM
I've noticed there aren't many European members in this thread :D

The Tuner
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
sheeshaaaaaaa!!! :D kik-ass stuff...most ppl my age in dubai go for it atleast once a week..and apple is indeed the most popular flavor. didnt kno it originated in turkey tho..was kinda hopin dubai started it... :)

and they say (and i dont believe them, but that coz i dont want to) that sheesha has more addictive substances than smoking, so if sum1 here really wana kno if it healthy or not...il tell ya strait off that it is NOT healthy, but i think it healthier than smoking. and there is nuthing better than goin afta a long and tuff week wit a few frends to a softly lit coffee show, sittin down on nice soft sofas, wit quiet music in da bak and well-prepared sheesha at ure side, bubblin away.....ahhhh.....

m goin tomoro...