PDA

View Full Version : GTR versus GTL Video

Roy Visser
11-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Since we are on the topic of GTL in the other thread, and people have been asking to see the UCP.COM porsche in action, I decided to make a nice video for you all to see.

It's not the best of best quality's, but im sure it will do for most of you. It's me driving (very exclusive footage ;) ) the Porsche 911 RSR, and the Porsche 996 GT3-RS. Two circuits, one is an onboard outlap video on the Magny Cours F1 circuit, and the other one is a full speed lap on the Monza F1 circuit.

here is the link:
GTL versus GTR (http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=19AKP3D8G8TFD3QMMGCUE4PZZF)

GTL versus GTR LINK 2. This is not a different movie, try it when link 1 doesnt work anymore (http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=227E6YPBXMGDA2Y2CQIQ4HXRZT
)

GTL versus GTR LINK 3. This is not a different movie, try it when link 1 and 2 dont work anymore (http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3IVGX59Y3Q0LH0F2XO99CGG4MW
)

(please only 1 download per person!)

ps, my ingame sound for GTR is allot lower then GTL, so thats why the GT3 doesnt sound as grunty and loud!

Zytek_Fan
11-29-2005, 05:51 PM
I think I'll get GTR :D

sleekeywoowoo
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Im missing something major here, whats going on, and why is it computerized, for a while I thought people were tlaking bout real races. Or...somebody explain to me whats going on. Please

Matra et Alpine
11-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Im missing something major here, whats going on, and why is it computerized, for a while I thought people were tlaking bout real races. Or...somebody explain to me whats going on. Please
you're in the "gaming" forum.

it's a reace sim - NOT a "game" really :D

magracer
11-29-2005, 06:25 PM

hehehe... you just made my day!!!

Zytek_Fan
11-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Can someone give me a car list for GTR?

Wouter Melissen
11-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Can someone give me a car list for GTR?

From the top of my head:

Ferrari 360 Modena
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Vertigo
Lotus Elise
BMW / Seat cup cars?!
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
Chevrolet Corvette C5-r
Dodge Viper GTSR
Ferrari 575 GTC
Ferrari 550 Prodrive
Saleen S7R
Lister Storm

There are numerous cars you can later add

Roy Visser
11-30-2005, 03:14 AM
extra links added!

henk4
11-30-2005, 04:13 AM
I noted a very important difference. In the laps on Magny Cours it was clear to see that in the first game the track access lights were put on the right side of the pitlane, while in the second game they were placed on the left. I think more research is needed to explain this vital point:D

Roy Visser
11-30-2005, 04:45 AM
i noticed it to, but then again, GTL uses the latest versions of the tracks (monza's trees are further of the track, spa has the new bus stop chicane etc etc)

but why would they switch the lights in a pitlane :confused:

Wouter Melissen
11-30-2005, 04:59 AM
i noticed it to, but then again, GTL uses the latest versions of the tracks (monza's trees are further of the track, spa has the new bus stop chicane etc etc)

but why would they switch the lights in a pitlane :confused:

It's a F1 track, so petty changes like that are not surprising.

spi-ti-tout
11-30-2005, 07:33 AM
What is all the speculation of Wouter in a Corvette?

RacingManiac
11-30-2005, 07:52 AM
GTL's premise is old cars on current tracks? Do they have classic circuits too?

Roy Visser
11-30-2005, 08:32 AM
hockenheim
spa
monza
imola
magny cours
dijon
moldenno park
nurburgring f1

thats what i remember, the game is based on this competition: http://www.fia-historic-racing.com/

Matra et Alpine
11-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Donnington

RacingManiac
11-30-2005, 09:35 AM
did GTR have Nordschleife or not? I'd imagine porting the track over and drive it with some old car will be a blast no?

Matra et Alpine
11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
did GTR have Nordschleife or not? I'd imagine porting the track over and drive it with some old car will be a blast no?
It was an add-on ( ported from GPL probably ), never tried it on GTR.

THe big issue with Nordschliefe is the reason it got taken out of racing -- it's a NIGHTMARE to remember the corners. So in GPL you'd often get rammed as you braked thinking the up-coming corner was a different one and tighter :( VERY frustrating :( Or equally ram the guy in front if you knew it was fast adn HE panicked thinking he was elsewhere on teh circuit.

Don't have the issue on IoM TT but I think that's because it sticks better in the 3d world. So likely the good guys on teh Nordshcliefe were guys who rode it live :D

Roy Visser
11-30-2005, 09:54 AM
nordschleife isnt that hard once you know it ;)

i can dream it, i think ive done over 2500 virtual laps on it :D

Matra et Alpine
11-30-2005, 09:55 AM
nordschleife isnt that hard once you know it ;)

i can dream it, i think ive done over 2500 virtual laps on it :D

JEEEESUS Roy, yep, I just wasnt that committed.
NOW I know why you're so good :D

Roy Visser
11-30-2005, 10:10 AM
The conversion for GTR is not that good though, it lacks bumps and narrownes, and alot of trees! Back in the GPL days, it fullfilled my needs, but nowadays, when im bored, i boot up the PS2, select a normal car (S2000, Civic, Golfs etc etc) and do the "trackday" (dont know the precise name at the moment) option in GT4, and just race around the Nurburgring, following AI's

very addictive keeping up with a Civic Type R versus a S2000 :)