PDA

View Full Version : PSP Pricing Australian help

TVR IS KING
12-01-2005, 04:51 AM
This morning I became aware that I have the option of getting a PSP for christmas. After spending all day on the internet looking for pricing, and various other PSP related things...games, accessories, etc. I realized that I couldn't find much.

Unless someone can get me a good link, I would like to know my options for what I want. I want a PSP :confused: (lol) Headphones, Carry case, GTA Liberty City Stories (a game of my choice) and a memory stick. The thing with the memory stick is I wanted a 1GB one, it would've been perfect..but I hear it will cost around $200. I think I really need at least 512MB and i don't really want to have to settle for 256MB, because I hope to use my PSP as a music player/storer as well.
One last thing, today I found a thing for a 'virtually indestructable' plastic kinda case, I forgot what it was made of. As i read on, it sounded better and better and I wonder if anyone knows where I could get one. I think it was made by Logitech...if that helps.
Any information on pricing or packs I can get with what I need would be much appreciated, thank you!!:D :D

12-01-2005, 06:42 AM
welcome back TVR! missed you yesterday! anywho, sony's memory sticks are always the most expensive options, its the price they pay when they go into a proprietry format

Rockefella
12-01-2005, 09:18 AM
That'll run you about 400-425 in US dollars, you can figure out the conversion.

PerfAdv
12-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Memory is cheaper now, I picked up a 1 gig mem stick for $105 at the Sony Style store.

Logitech makes some decent stuff for the PSP.

The screen gets smear marks very easily. The best screen protectors I've seen are by JavoEdge. About $10 for one but it's much better than the cheapies. ;)

TVR IS KING
12-01-2005, 01:57 PM
^^That's $105 American isn't it though...$105 is probably exactly what I want to pay if it was in AUD.
Where can I find logitech stuff? Or the screen covers?
We don't have a Sony Style store anywhere near here I don't think...where else?
thanks!

PerfAdv
12-01-2005, 11:36 PM
The JavoEdge screen protectors I got from Amazon.com

An electronics store called BestBuy carries Logitech here, and I think they carry Sony memory sticks as well. I got the memory at the Sony store just cuz I wanted it quickly, it's always cheaper online. ;)

I was just checking some prices online and it seems the real bargain to be had. Couple of links you should check out @ techzone.com:

I like these speakers but I think there is a newer model which is more compact. (http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=364)

Mem stick PRO duo bargains. (http://thetechzone.shopping.com/xPC-1GB_Memory_Stick_PRO_Duo) I haven't ever shopped at the techzone but it's just a sampling of what's out there.

Clivey
12-02-2005, 04:57 PM
For anyone wanting a cheap 512MB Memory stick duo in the UK, go to Costco - they're about £26 (and that's a Sandisk)

Sorry I can't help for AUS $ prices...:(

TVR IS KING
12-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Ok, I decided i need to discuss packages...I need to be able to get a 512MB memory stick or a game in a package. Otherwise mother won't buy me one, not as well as the PSP, and I won't be able to afford both. Help and details? thanks.

Clivey
12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Damn TVR, if you were in the UK I could get you a 1GB memory stick with Xploder PSP Lite software pre-installed for £50-£60 (depending on postage costs). I'm looking at a white PSP Giga Pack from www.yesasia.com for £199, games are about £30 from www.gameplay.com and the Logitech case you mentioned is about £15 I think.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I dont know how much £50-£60 is.
But there have been some changes. Mother is buying me a memory stick I think...It will be a 512 and in Aus it will cost about $114 I think. Thats only a few dollars more than NFS MW Black edition.
Its $15 more than a brand new GOOD playstation2 game.
San Andreas when new costed about $100 I think. But ps2 games never get over $100 AUD (Australian Dollar)

There is a PSP under our Christmas tree. Im serious :D

Clivey
12-22-2005, 04:35 AM
I dont know how much £50-£60 is.
But there have been some changes. Mother is buying me a memory stick I think...It will be a 512 and in Aus it will cost about $114 I think. Thats only a few dollars more than NFS MW Black edition.
Its $15 more than a brand new GOOD playstation2 game.
San Andreas when new costed about $100 I think. But ps2 games never get over $100 AUD (Australian Dollar)

There is a PSP under our Christmas tree. Im serious :D

£55 is about $130 AUS...don't know how that compares with what you've already seen. Congrats on the PSP, which games are you after?

TVR IS KING
12-22-2005, 04:39 AM
That means you could get me a 1GB memory stick for only a shade more than a 512MB I can get.
I only really want GTA Liberty City Stories, I love GTA...but I might not buy it for a month or two.

Clivey
12-22-2005, 04:55 AM
That means you could get me a 1GB memory stick for only a shade more than a 512MB I can get.
I only really want GTA Liberty City Stories, I love GTA...but I might not buy it for a month or two.

Damn, that must suck for you...the only reason I can get a stick that cheap though is because my girlfriend's dad distributes computer equipment and therefore has access to trade only magazines.

I'll be buying GTA: Liberty City Stories as well as Metal Gear Acid...whilst waiting for a decent FPS and RPG...

TVR IS KING
12-22-2005, 05:14 AM
Meh, mothers buying it I think. Metal Gear solid is good, but I never REALLY got into it. I might not get any games apart from GTA. I just think it would be a shame to miss out on a new whole branch of the story when I love the saga so much.

Lord & Master
12-23-2005, 04:52 AM
the PSP pack costs 400AUD
i would say the 1GB PSP MEM STICK is about 150AUD

TVR IS KING
12-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Your abotu right.
I get to open it tomorrow morning. 14hours and counting.

TVR IS KING
12-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Yay a PSP!
Lol but I got the value pack, which means I only get the 32MB Memory Stick. Because it only comes with that I don't get the CD with all the shit needed to transfer shit from the psp to the comp and back again.
32MB Couldn't hold much, but I wouldnt mind a few songs and a background...
The card was only designed to be used as a Mermoy Card for games, still kicks the old 8MB card's ass.
So yeah I cant store shit, I'll get the new GTA game soon. And a better card.

New Questions:
Does anyone know if the driver and media manager software disc comes with the 512MB Memory Stick?
OR (Alternatively)
Does anyone have the software? If so contact me and we'll work it out from there.