PDA

View Full Version : Any video of the HSV GT R(either powerplant)

yorius5963
02-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi

Im just a big enthusiast of turbocharged powerful rear wheel drive saloon cars, such as the Mercedes E55 AMG, the Holden HSV GT R(the last shape is really gorgeous), the Lotus Carlton, any BMW M5 (any shape),and the Jag XJR mostly

Due to difficulties of searching some video of any HSV model, ive decided to send this letter in order to find any web page which has any HSV video, such as a test done by a journalist, a comparative test between either HSV and some powerful saloon car, a track test, some sliding sequences......every clue will be welcome

So thats it for me for the moment

Cheers

Matra et Alpine
02-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Im just a big enthusiast of turbocharged powerful rear wheel drive saloon cars, such as the Mercedes E55 AMG, the Holden HSV GT R(the last shape is really gorgeous), the Lotus Carlton, any BMW M5 (any shape),and the Jag XJR mostly
The A610 is 2+2, does that count ( the rear passengers sit with their knees in their teeth :) )
If you want vids let me know, I've lots on and off track. Inside and out.

yorius5963
02-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi Matra, thanks for your attention

Sorry if I didnt explain properly what I am searching for

Anyway Im just searching for any kind of video(such as testing, sliding...) of the HSV GTS(any version of this monster car) because Im having a lot of difficulties for looking for this sort of video by using the internet, whereas its not getting very difficult for me to find any european rivalīs video e.g. any Mercedes saloon car with the AMG badge, any version of the BMW M5, or the Lotus Carlton as well

If any doubt, dont hesitate to ask me

Thanks, and all the best

fpv_gtho
02-21-2004, 09:03 PM
if youve got Kazaa well then you should try on there, but alot of people wouldnt dare touch the program because of the threat of viruses. if your not afraid to pay some money then you should contact Motor Magazine about getting one of their PCOTY video's

Falcon500
02-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Since when was the HSV GT-R turbocharged? The car was your run of the mill VS that cameout with a rather bland engine an ugly bodykit and paintjob and had a very long option list one of them was the stroked and HSV optimised engine and the other was supercharging....are you sure that it was turbocharged?

fpv_gtho
02-22-2004, 02:26 AM
ok i think im officially confused......

i never thought there was an HSV GT-R, i thought it was the VS GTS-R that came with the 215kw stroker motor and the option of the 230kw HRT blueprinted engine

ive never heard of any of the local manufacturers offering bolt on turbo or supercharger packages

Falcon500
02-22-2004, 03:32 AM
ok i think im officially confused......

i never thought there was an HSV GT-R, i thought it was the VS GTS-R that came with the 215kw stroker motor and the option of the 230kw HRT blueprinted engine

ive never heard of any of the local manufacturers offering bolt on turbo or supercharger packages
There is a trick there HSV aim to please thats why they built one man a Grange ute with a corvtte motor at great expense they have numerous options like that that ARNT on the list...tickford had the same thing going...on the GTS-R though it was more well know about the supercharger kit (i looked it up :p )

fpv_gtho
02-23-2004, 05:25 AM
the only such things ive heard of from either holden or HSV were the blueprinting option on the GTS-R and the option of the 195kw motor in the VT SS. do you know what type of supercharger kit it is, cause ive seen an alarming amount of VT GTS's with a CAPA intercooled Vortec kit making about 390kw from the standard 220kw

AussieCarFreak
02-24-2004, 04:02 AM
the only such things ive heard of from either holden or HSV were the blueprinting option on the GTS-R and the option of the 195kw motor in the VT SS. do you know what type of supercharger kit it is, cause ive seen an alarming amount of VT GTS's with a CAPA intercooled Vortec kit making about 390kw from the standard 220kw

As far as I know the GTS-R was never turbo'd or supercharged, just a normal option or blueprint and balance. Are all 75 still on the road though?

fpv_gtho
02-24-2004, 04:06 AM
i think theres bound to have been a couple of write-offs and some that someones just shoved in a garage in western australia and left for 50 years