PDA

View Full Version : Conversions

Doza
02-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Would it be possible for the forum software to pick up on a measurement and then next to it post it in metric/imperial appropriately?
EX:
The R34 has 293 ft-lbs of torque @ 4400 rpm.
The R34 has 293 ft-lbs of torque (400Nm) @ 4400 rpm.

Or, of course vice versa.

henk4
02-22-2004, 09:25 AM
alternatively the anglosaxon community (and minority) could finally decide to switch to metric calculations, which are so much easier and globally accepted.

Doza
02-22-2004, 11:29 AM
alternatively the anglosaxon community (and minority) could finally decide to switch to metric calculations, which are so much easier and globally accepted.
You know that will never happen. The masons keep it from being.

Matra et Alpine
02-22-2004, 11:36 AM
I believe racing wheel diameters are STILL expressed in inches !!!
And it brings a smile when I see so many converted metric measurements here in the UK and it's an odd meter or gram size - because the original is imperial. eg water pipes are 22mm ( that's an inch then !! )
Worst for me is working on the MGB where all the original bolts are eimperial Whitwhorth and anything new is metric. A real bind finding the right spanner :) :)

henk4
02-22-2004, 12:06 PM
I believe racing wheel diameters are STILL expressed in inches !!!

and the width in centimeters, :D

And it brings a smile when I see so many converted metric measurements here in the UK and it's an odd meter or gram size - because the original is imperial. eg water pipes are 22mm ( that's an inch then !! )

isnt' an inch 25 mm?

Worst for me is working on the MGB where all the original bolts are eimperial Whitwhorth and anything new is metric. A real bind finding the right spanner :) :), yeah progress has its price ;)

henk4
02-22-2004, 12:07 PM
You know that will never happen. The masons keep it from being.

please explain, :confused:

Doza
02-22-2004, 12:19 PM
please explain, :confused:
It's a rumor that the Freemasons are the people who keep the US from adopting metric and doing away with Imperial units.

henk4
02-23-2004, 01:51 AM
It's a rumor that the Freemasons are the people who keep the US from adopting metric and doing away with Imperial units.

Must be through, these people have been blamed of everything that has gone wrong :D