PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Windows media player.

Blitz_
12-08-2005, 09:20 AM
For a while now, my windows media player hasnt been working at all, each time i try to open it up it immediately displays a pop up box saying "An internal application error has occured" There are some soloutions on the net but not have worked thus far. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou. :)

TheOne
12-08-2005, 09:37 AM
try removing it totally, then reinstalling.

go to controlpanel>add/remove programs>add/remove windows components>uncheck windows media player and click next, that should remove it.

repeat the same but put a check on the windows media player box, that should reinstall it, then you can update if you want.(this is for windows xp)

adamfraser
12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
This happened to me last week. I found out that i hadnt installed SP2. So, -

Uninstall Media Player
Download/get disc with SP2 on it
Install SP2
Install Media Player

Or easy alternative -

Download VLC Player. www.google.com ;)

drakkie
12-08-2005, 09:57 AM
get off the latest wmp. it ucks big time. it has become way too complicated and gets a lot of errors. i am since a few months on wmp 4 !!! instead of wmp 9 !!! It works way better, and the online radio is free.

Need4Speed
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
There was a virus going around which disabled all media applications. the best solution is to reinstall the effected asd aplication again as the other guys mentioned.

Wolf03
12-08-2005, 04:08 PM
get off the latest wmp. it ucks big time. it has become way too complicated and gets a lot of errors. i am since a few months on wmp 4 !!! instead of wmp 9 !!! It works way better, and the online radio is free.

I haven't had any problems with the new WMP10 whatsoever. I think Microsoft finally did something right. It plays the music, it rips audio CDs perfectly...there's nothing really I can complain about.