PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Selection Today!

Smithman
12-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Predictions? Hopes? Prayers? Thoughts on Mexico being ranked top 8 and the Netherlands not?

dydzi
12-09-2005, 08:01 AM
hope poland will be with mexico, andora and bosnia :cool:

Rockefella
12-09-2005, 08:10 AM
hope poland will be with mexico, andora and bosnia :cool:
We could only wish. :p

jorismo
12-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Thoughts on Mexico being ranked top 8 and the Netherlands not?

Yeah, that's really a load of bullshit!! Pissed me off so hard...

I really don't care much who they will be facing. I'm sure they will go through anyway...

Smithman
12-09-2005, 08:35 AM
I'd just rather not see the US against Germany in the first round. That might kinda suck the wind outta the US sails.

ZeTurbo
12-09-2005, 09:12 AM
The FIFA ranking is to politically correct. I am sure they are biased towards making the top 10 more diversified(ie not only european teams).

I too Find it hard to believe that Portugal (European Semi finalist AND Unbeaten in 2 years) and Netherlands ( 1 loss in 2 years since the euro) did not make it as top seeders.

coolieman1220
12-09-2005, 10:09 AM
TRINIDAD!!!!. das right baby. WEST INDIES MASSIVE.

i dun even follow soccer but since i heard my home country of trinidad made it, i just want dem to win even though they prolly won't. oh well.

Rybitron
12-09-2005, 01:15 PM
i had a friend up and move to trinidad for no real reason when i was in the 6th grade. kinda scarred me for life. lol.

Matra et Alpine
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
I hope England draw Brazil, Argentina and Holland in their group :D

dydzi
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
so all the teams were selected and still no comments?

poland in the same group as germany...yeah...
fortunately equador and corsica won't be too difficult to win with as we have beaten them already recently

derekthetree
12-09-2005, 02:38 PM
in my opinion england got an easy group.
i can't wait for holland/argentina and brazil/australia

R34GTR
12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Us dutchies got the hardest group stages of them all ,

Argentina
Ivory coast
and Serbia Montenegro

Pando
12-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Checks the list.... now where's Finland... Oh that's right, hell still hasn't frozen over. :D

Just aswell, now which team to support...

Sweden?
maybe, goes well with the love-hate relationship...
Brazil, Italy, England, the Netherlands, Portugal, Germany?
Nah, too ordinary.
Argentina? Not without Maradona.
I think I'll go with Sweden, Poland and South Korea. :) ...and ALWAYS hoping for surprises! :)

I'd just rather not see the US against Germany in the first round. That might kinda suck the wind outta the US sails.
I don't think the US even has sails on its boat when it comes to football. :) In that tough croud they'll be lucky to get a win!

Matra et Alpine
12-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I'll support England

Matra et Alpine
12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
I'll support England
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hahahahahahaha

heee-hee-hee-hee

FOOLED YOU !!!!!!

As all Scots do for this event, we'll be supporting every tema that plays against England. ANYTHING to prevent more of the 1966 repeats :D

Pando
12-09-2005, 03:37 PM
^ :D that's just great! :)

VtecMini
12-10-2005, 01:53 AM
As all Scots do for this event, we'll be supporting every tema that plays against England. ANYTHING to prevent more of the 1966 repeats :D
Haha, sounds like you need a variation on one of these things I bought for my mate when I went Wales last week... (He's welsh, obviously).
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=155343&stc=1&d=1134205007

IWantAnAudiRS6
12-10-2005, 01:58 AM
How ironic... England get Sweden :D

And Matra... don't hate on us just because your team suck so much ;)

Matra et Alpine
12-10-2005, 04:19 AM
How ironic... England get Sweden :D

And Matra... don't hate on us just because your team suck so much ;)
It's not because of the teams, it's because of the BBC coverage.
Most folks dont' understand it till they move to Scotland and then watch the London-centric news and sports coverage.
EVERY world cup the 1966 stuff gets rolled out on the airwaves. Interviews with Hurst et al. Jeeeesus. You dont' see them interviewing the ex-Celtic squad every time a team gets into European Cup Final.
It's the comparison you only see when you are on the other side. So in the past, the BBC or ITV would not cover Scottish games "live" because of the clash with Coronation Street or Blnakety-Blank or some sh!t. But the whole nations tv coverage gets swept aside to show an English friendly :D

Yeap, it comes with only being 10% of the population of Britain and most of us accept it, but at least the other 90% need to RECOGNISE it for what it is :D

IWantAnAudiRS6
12-10-2005, 03:36 PM
It's not because of the teams, it's because of the BBC coverage.
Most folks dont' understand it till they move to Scotland and then watch the London-centric news and sports coverage.
EVERY world cup the 1966 stuff gets rolled out on the airwaves. Interviews with Hurst et al. Jeeeesus. You dont' see them interviewing the ex-Celtic squad every time a team gets into European Cup Final.
It's the comparison you only see when you are on the other side. So in the past, the BBC or ITV would not cover Scottish games "live" because of the clash with Coronation Street or Blnakety-Blank or some sh!t. But the whole nations tv coverage gets swept aside to show an English friendly :D

Yeap, it comes with only being 10% of the population of Britain and most of us accept it, but at least the other 90% need to RECOGNISE it for what it is :D
I was just yanking your chain, and I agree.

We suck so much that we're celebrating things that happened... ooo... 39 years ago?! I hate it. And the buffoons that follow it. And how we're made out to be gallant losers, when the English side just can't play football.

Lagonda
12-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm probably ordering my tickets for the Finale tomorrow. €600 a pop, lol.