PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Smithman
12-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Anyone played this? I messed around a bit on it at my friend's place the other day and it was pretty cool. Anyone else had a chance to tinker around with it?

Roy Visser
12-09-2005, 11:52 AM
i have played and finished all Tony Hawks. Wasteland is different, but it somehow lost its appeal to me, i think i have been over "tony hawked"

if you never played a tony hawk, you should get it though :)

Smithman
12-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Over "tony hawked"?!?! Impossible!!

I also noticed when playing that there are Jeep Liberties and Commanders all over the place, and you can grind on them and do tricks on them. Doesn't Tony Hawk drive a Commander, speaking of?

I just might have to get this game, anyway--might rent it first to have a few hours with it to make sure, but it seemed fun.

TheOne
12-09-2005, 12:48 PM
i don't like wasteland.....i liked the 1's back in the day 1,2,3:), the new 1's are crappier.

Roy Visser
12-09-2005, 12:56 PM
i don't like wasteland.....i liked the 1's back in the day 1,2,3:), the new 1's are crappier.

very true, i liked 3 the best :)

adamfraser
12-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Yea, i have 1,2,3 and i rented 4, thought it was crap and never bought another tony hawks game. 1,2 and 3 were about skateboarding, i dont want to hang onto the back of zoo trucks thanks very much.

cmcpokey
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
ive beaten a few pro skaters. got underground and beat it, and i got this one when i came out. i havent beat it yet, its got some seriously hard stuff in it. the story mode is probably better, at least more thought out that underground, but its kinda hokey. the pro skater mode is great. very challenging, but extremely cool.

TVR IS KING
12-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I passed Tony Hawks 4, and both undergrounds, but the undergrounds were at a friends place...so I decided I want the new one because even udnerground 1 was a significant improvement over 4 and I pwned 4.
I was gunna get it for christmas...but with a PSP and NFS MW Black edition theres just no money left...so I don't know when I can get it now...I also want WRC rally evolved as soon as possible...
ANYWAY, I found the box to it in the store, It's full of EMO music, in full sk8er style. MCR, Fallout Boy, Taking Back Sunday...I really want it now. :D

Smithman
12-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I played it some more this weekend, really like it. And those are definitely Jeep Commanders. I need to check and see if Tony Hawk does drive one, it seems to me he does.

Smithman
12-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Found it! Tony Hawk's Commander:

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/auto-shows/tony-hawks-jeep-commander-134831.php

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/hawk_commander.jpg