PDA

View Full Version : any car modellers?

bige321786
02-22-2004, 09:15 PM
just was curious if anybody that frequented the ucp.com forums was into car modelling. i used to be a car model fantatic, mostly building Tamiya sets but some Revell ones as well. off to study though and the hobby had to be put on to hold. i'm sure i'll get back into it soon enough though. nothing better than building your dream version of your favorite car...and seeing the completed version!

Smoke
02-22-2004, 11:53 PM
I like building them sometimes....It is good making models cause you can see more of the car than you normally do.Plus you get to make it your own way, from every part.The only bad thing about models are that some are hard to build.

Matra et Alpine
02-23-2004, 06:04 AM
Yep, been modelling since I was 14 when I built the Tyrrell and Lotus 72 in 1/12 scale.

Only recently started 1/24 and 1/43 resin ( that's all I can get Alpine and Matra models in :( )

It's a whole new learning experience and I've ruined a couple of kits so far ( fortunately eBay is a good source for 'discount' resin kits )

I'd love to share knowledge and experience - especially if you've done lots of resin :)

Most of the models are in 'storage' jsut now as I'm doing a major home refurbishment :( But when they're out, we can share pics.

Wouter Melissen
02-23-2004, 07:01 AM
Yep, but kind of retired. I do plan on building Tamiya's FW23 this year, just because it's such a damn nice kit.

<AAA-MOD>
02-27-2004, 08:08 AM
i've just started Tamiya 1/24 Mercedes CLK DTM Team D2.

i'm gonna start a new thread for it though, to show progress on it.

EDIT: we've started a new sub-forum for kits: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25