PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 1

henk4
12-14-2005, 05:50 AM
At the day that Mitsubishi announces a three year absence from WRC I am about to finish their EVO 1, Monte Carlo Version 1994. The kit is from Hasegawa. The decals (Cartograf) steel need to be added, as are a number of small outward bits and pieces. I built the seatbelts according to Hasegawa's instructions. There are photoetched parts for all of the metal parts of the belts but the belt itself is a thin red plastic which needs to be cut at a certain length. This is a quite annoying activity, and I ended up with probably much too long belts. and they lack proper weight to naturally fall down. The decals on the belt needed to glued on, as they would not stick in a normal way.

All in all it is a fairly basic kit, no engine detail, crude chassis, but I presume that the result will finally look acceptable. I painted the black roof lines by using the instructions from the window tutorial (by Dino) but I found that even using a very sharp knife resulted in not too clean cut lines, and subsequently the lines have ended being too thick, as I hand painted the irregularities. (with not 100% success). Next time I will probably use bare metal foil for this. The lines around the windows worked fine though.

spi-ti-tout
12-14-2005, 08:27 AM
At the day that Mitsubishi announces a three year absence from WRC I am about to finish their EVO 1, Monte Carlo Version 1994.
Bless you.

Looks fairly nice, looking forward to seeing it finished. What's your next project?

EDIT: Attached a picture for your reference.

Clivey
12-14-2005, 11:28 AM
How come the foglamps on that car have different coloured glass?:D

henk4
12-14-2005, 11:41 AM
How come the foglamps on that car have different coloured glass?:D

there are no foglights:D

Clivey
12-14-2005, 12:00 PM
there are no foglights:D

Sorry, I should have made that clear, I wasn't talking about the model...that looks sweet from the pics. I was talking about spi-ti-tout's pic.

henk4
12-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Sorry, I should have made that clear, I wasn't talking about the model...that looks sweet from the pics. I was talking about spi-ti-tout's pic.

I never saw that pic, surely because he added it much later:) In the meantime the model is starting to come alive wth a large part of the decals fitted.

Clivey
12-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Shock, Horror! A 4x4 car that henk4 likes? :D

It was unfortunate that Proton spoiled the memory of early Lancers by giving them bad plastic surgery.

henk4
12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Shock, Horror! A 4x4 car that henk4 likes? :D

It was unfortunate that Proton spoiled the memory of early Lancers by giving them bad plastic surgery.

I also love the Fiat Panda 4x4

Clivey
12-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I also love the Fiat Panda 4x4

That car seems like a right good laugh, after seeing it bouce around that quarry in Fifth Gear...a car with character.:cool:

henk4
12-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Anyway, here is the EVO again, after applying the decals. Still needs some detailing, but it looks quite OK now

netburner
12-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Nice car, but what is this orange frame at the front window???

henk4
12-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Nice car, but what is this orange frame at the front window???

I have no idea, it is also shown on the boxart, but much less prominent. Anu suggestions would be welcome:)

carsnut
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
did you use decal set or something to apply the logos. I hear using decal set can make the decals stick better to the model, is best for complex surfaces, and that it can fix chipping decals (found on AUTOart's older race cars and waterslide type decals), I don't mean tampos

henk4
12-14-2005, 11:29 PM
did you use decal set or something to apply the logos. I hear using decal set can make the decals stick better to the model, is best for complex surfaces, and that it can fix chipping decals (found on AUTOart's older race cars and waterslide type decals), I don't mean tampos

I used some microset, and also the good old hairdryer:D

Dino Scuderia
12-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Looks good, henk!

carsnut
12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
I used some microset, and also the good old hairdryer:D

oh. any suggestions on Testors Decal Set?

henk4
12-17-2005, 02:56 AM
oh. any suggestions on Testors Decal Set?

never used that unfortunately....