PDA

View Full Version : Williams F1 new(old) website

lankey
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
For those Williams fans wondering about the Williams website:
Williams F1 have now opened their old website williamsf1.co.uk for their new car the FW28. Their existing website bmw.williamsf1.com is still up and running but they must be planning on leaving their current website for obvious reasons and moving back to their old URL. The new website is similar to the Midland f1 website with just the countdown to the launch of the FW28 on 27th January. The team's old WILLIAMS F1 logo is also placed on the website so it looks like Williams will be using their old logo.

Old logo: 157293

New logo: 157288

rev440
12-16-2005, 09:22 PM
I think the old one looks cooler but thats just me.

carsnut
12-16-2005, 11:58 PM
this should be interesting:D;)

MrKipling
12-17-2005, 06:13 AM
That's so annoying! I've been getting two copies of every Williams press release at work - one from the BMW.Williams and one from Williams. I think they've sorted it now though.

henk4
12-17-2005, 06:16 AM
That's so annoying! I've been getting two copies of every Williams press release at work - one from the BMW.Williams and one from Williams. I think they've sorted it now though.

why would you want to know what is going on at Williams in the first place?:D

Matra et Alpine
12-17-2005, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the pointer.
I hadn't realised that Phillips shavers were an announced sponsor.
I cringe at the lines the worst commentators are going to be using about "close shaves" :(

and hey, come on on, henk !! Williams are a proven team and working with Cosworth they may surprise with Webber and Rosberg and Priaulx in the wings - Kartikayan brings money I guess :D

Besides as much as I like the pre-launch livery echoing the old logo and colours of the cars it's going to be interesting to see who (if any!) they sign up as major sponsor and what logo/livery/team identity it gets.

henk4
12-17-2005, 06:25 AM
and hey, come on on, henk !! Williams are a proven team and working with Cosworth they may surprise with Webber and Rosberg and Priaulx in the wings - Kartikayan brings money I guess :D

I guess every race needs backmarkers and with Kartikeyan they got a 100% chance to win that position:)

Matra et Alpine
12-17-2005, 06:28 AM
I guess every race needs backmarkers and with Kartikeyan they got a 100% chance to win that position:)
I'm hoping they run two teams 4 cars and put K out to get the Indian industry sponsorship money and leave the others to do the racing :D

oh and to BE FAIR, the logo in full colour is nicer :D
http://www.wf1media.com/images/w-f1-logo.gif

henk4
12-17-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm hoping they run two teams 4 cars and put K out to get the Indian industry sponsorship money and leave the others to do the racing :D

may be K can be put on a separate track...

Matra et Alpine
12-17-2005, 06:31 AM
may be K can be put on a separate track...
give him a diesel and he can't break the engine :D

henk4
12-17-2005, 06:36 AM
give him a diesel and he can't break the engine :D

careful, he might not be able to master the torque:)

Matra et Alpine
12-17-2005, 06:41 AM
careful, he might not be able to master the torque:)
yeah but the weight will slow him down and at least everyoen will know when they're coming up to lap him from the huge trail of soot !!!!!
And if he spills the diesel like everyone seems to do then everyeon else might spin out on it and he gets a win :D

Zytek_Fan
12-17-2005, 10:48 AM
If Frank has K be one of his drivers the sponsor money will come like crazy from Indian companies

MrKipling
12-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Hank - it's my job unfortunately!

Don't forget, K was putting in some very respectable times in the Williams! Oh and they're not Williams sponsor, Matra - they're their male shaving partner! Seriously - can you believe that?

henk4
12-17-2005, 12:35 PM

without any smilies???

Matra et Alpine
12-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Don't forget, K was putting in some very respectable times in the Williams! Oh and they're not Williams sponsor, Matra - they're their male shaving partner! Seriously - can you believe that?
yes, they are payign money to be featured - it's called sponsorship.

They aren't MAIN sponsor though (yet!).
You can be a sponsor and not have your name in the team title - like 90% of the sponsors in F1 :D