PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought it couldn't get much better...

Egg Nog
02-24-2004, 12:05 AM
From Koenigsegg's website:

We have now taken a step further...

At the Geneva Motor Show 2-14 of March Koenigsegg will introduce the new CCR with unprecedented performance.

Nothing confirmed, but I've heard remours from around the net that the Koenigsegg CCR will produce 806hp, and be capable of over 400km/h. Eat your heart out, Veyron. I bet it'll handle well, too.

Oh well, Bugatti's already very much familiar with debt and bankrupcy :p

Scientist
02-24-2004, 03:38 AM
NICE!

But I thought when the first Koenigsegg was announced they also said it would have this kind of performance. And if I remember it right, they said that they would use a Ferrari V12 as an engine... :confused: , but that was back then...

Anyway, what kind of engine are they useing now? It's a V8, but did they build it in house or is it from BMW or Ford or something...anybody know that?

fpv_gtho
02-24-2004, 03:59 AM
i dont think Ford would be able to supply a good enough engine for its use.

I know absolutely nothing about the Koenigsegg cars but everyone on the site seems to know about them and their capabilities, so my respect goes out to this car

Egg Nog
02-24-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm confident that Koenigsegg will be able to get those power figures from a Ford Powerplant. Just take the GT, and go a step further. Modern Ford V8s have been tuned numerous times to well over 1000hp, albeit not necessarily reliably. I'm sure they've already found a way :)

Egg Nog
03-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Update: Project CCR is a go ;)

Mustang
03-02-2004, 10:53 AM
OH MY GOD
i loved the first one and i love the look of that second one. if those figures are true then this will be such an amazing car.

great pics Egg Nogg

Suka
03-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Update: Project CCR is a go ;)

Christ! Look at the vast amount of stylin changes! I love the look of the original but i was hoping they would change the look a little.

jones.dk
03-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Anyway, what kind of engine are they useing now? It's a V8, but did they build it in house or is it from BMW or Ford or something...anybody know that?

It is a 4,7 litre twin-turbo Ford V8..... i've got a magazine in front of me that confirms it...

Anyway... i must say that i didn't really like the Koenigsegg's design before, but i like the changes they have made...! i am beginning to like it

Since we're talking about the koenigsegg... does anybody know the maximum speed they have reached so far?

fpv_gtho
03-02-2004, 11:38 PM
4.7L as in the 289, or something spun off the MOD engine platform