PDA

View Full Version : Comp/2

painterr
02-24-2004, 02:24 AM
It looks like the first one was a big success so lets see what the next one will be like!

Burrito you need to post the car we are to chop this week! The car is due next Sunday and midnight EST. and the voting will take place on Monday just like before.

You can vote for yourself this time if you fill yours is the best!

You can only enter one time with your car so make sure you are finished chopping before you post!

You may if you want post again but it wont count in the voting!!!!

Lets have some fun!

Burrito
02-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Good day people, thanx for voting for me... I tried to find a nice pic but I didn't have too much time so I ended up with this one....

Happy chopping!!!

IL Duce
02-24-2004, 06:17 AM
anyone a good link fromwhere to download photochop???

Burrito
02-24-2004, 06:24 AM
you can download a 30 day trial from adobe.com.... :) and through usual channels it is crackable :)

ZerK
02-24-2004, 10:01 AM
This is the first photochop I didn't give up on after 10 seconds, so feel free to laugh, but please do so quietly :)

Burrito
02-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Not bad at all!!!! :)

painterr
02-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Looks pretty good to me!!! I had to take a brake from chopping the honda been at it for three hours so far and all I got done so far is the front head lights and have added a front ground effects but have to fine tune it yet and the same thing with the side ground effect.

Matra et Alpine
02-24-2004, 12:49 PM
had to take a brake from chopping the honda been at it for three hours so far
Now I can see why your chops are soooo good.
Too much time on your hands, man, get out in the car :)
Or go drink some whisky !!!

baddabang
02-24-2004, 04:59 PM
ok heres my entry. imo it wasnt the best car to photoshop :(
ne ways

Doza
02-24-2004, 05:01 PM
ok heres my entry. imo it wasnt the best car to photoshop :(
ne ways
what does the badge in the grille say?

Burrito
02-25-2004, 12:49 PM
blah I hate this 2001 version... too bad it was the only big pic I could find this fast :P

Well I'm in the process of moving so I've only been at it for an hour and a half and need to quit now... so no widbody this time (although I'd like to have done that with this car)

I am not at all pleased with my chop but hey, here goes nothing

what I did:
Lowered it,
Cleared headlights and taillight
opened up the grill
colored the windows
dualtone paintjob

that's all the time I had mates... the house I'm moving to doesn't have internet yet so I hope I'll be able to join next week, if not I'll do any car and show u all as soon as I get this comp back online :)

Have fun chopping next week

baddabang
02-25-2004, 12:55 PM
what does the badge in the grille say?

it says spoilors i found it on an image google image search when i was looking for the mesh for the front grill

fede
02-25-2004, 02:17 PM
haha, burrito i also put some UCP stuff in my car

challenger
02-25-2004, 03:27 PM
feel free to laugh at this aswell

Mustang
02-25-2004, 03:49 PM
feel free to laugh at this aswell

nice lights...hmn...

Burrito
02-25-2004, 04:07 PM
haha, burrito i also put some UCP stuff in my car

UCP??

Mustang
02-25-2004, 04:08 PM
now i am sure that am going to win this time look at this masterpiece. ok so it only took me 5 minutes but it wasnt exactly the best pic to chop was it. :confused:

Mustang
02-25-2004, 04:11 PM
UCP??
Ultimate car page

fede
02-25-2004, 04:23 PM
well, here´s my chop

Burrito
02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
ah ok well I didn't put ucp stuff on my car... only a wrx wing from google... the rest I did by myself :)

and that wing used to be blue

Burrito
02-25-2004, 05:24 PM
me thinks Fede likes the Mercedes C-class coupe... :)

IL Duce
02-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I know , it sucks... :p
but it's fun, ay guys??

1grille layout transformed
2lowered
3cool new headlight...lol, didn't fit well...oops
4tinted windows (as is...totally black ;) )
5tinted red rearlight .... hey didn't you see that????

Batmobile_Turbo
02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
ok, here it is. it was really hard to get rims that fit because of the front wheel being turned, i found a pic with the wheel turned also but i had to lower it to make it work proporly, anyway, tada

it was done in paint.

Burrito
02-25-2004, 06:47 PM
errr sorry I don't mean to put you down but I don't agree on yours being best so far

fede
02-25-2004, 07:06 PM
burrito, what i meant by saying that you added some ucp stuff, is that you wrote www.ultimatecarpage.com on the ehmm plate
:D

Burrito
02-25-2004, 07:31 PM
ah ok :) yes I did.... was too tempting :)

Batmobile_Turbo
02-25-2004, 07:48 PM
errr sorry I don't mean to put you down but I don't agree on yours being best so far
no offence taken, what i meant really was that i did the most changing to the car.

Burrito
02-25-2004, 08:01 PM
well it's not only the amount... also how good you did it.... ;)

Batmobile_Turbo
02-25-2004, 08:17 PM
well it's not only the amount... also how good you did it.... ;)
what do you expect in paint? i don't have photoshop or else there would be better image quality, could you do as good in paint?

Batmobile_Turbo
02-25-2004, 09:03 PM
i did this on for fun, it turned out pretty good for a five minute chop

painterr
02-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Alright guys feast your eyes on this one!! I put some serious time on it. the lenses on the front lights I made with photoshop completely.

Oh I am not going to enter mine just showing it off!! I will enter it in another comp real soon!

Mustang
02-26-2004, 01:08 AM
oow... that is amazing!

NoOne
02-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Alright guys feast your eyes on this one!! I put some serious time on it. the lenses on the front lights I made with photoshop completely.

Oh I am not going to enter mine just showing it off!! I will enter it in another comp real soon!
Another amazing chop !! out of curiosity how many hours have you got into this pic?

challenger
02-26-2004, 10:20 AM
this will give batmobile turbo a run for his money.

painterr
02-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Another amazing chop !! out of curiosity how many hours have you got into this pic?

As of right now I got right at 13 hours in the car. I will spend at least a couple of more before I am finished with it. I got to clean up some of the lines yet. lol since I dont watch much TV it gives me time to chop or race GT3.

baddabang
02-26-2004, 01:58 PM
why dont we make is so the person who wins the comp. can post there next photoshop of the car but cannot enter it in the voting poll (after this comp. of course) that way we have a new winner every time, ne ways just a thought :p

painterr
02-26-2004, 03:27 PM
why dont we make is so the person who wins the comp. can post there next photoshop of the car but cannot enter it in the voting poll (after this comp. of course) that way we have a new winner every time, ne ways just a thought :p

What I planed on doing was if someone won twice in a row that the runner up on the seond win got to pic the next car to chop and if there was a tie that the two that tied both would post a pic for us to choose to chop!

Batmobile_Turbo
02-26-2004, 04:20 PM

very good, i like the fleure de lille on the front.

bige321786
02-26-2004, 05:44 PM
lets just declare batmobile_turbo the winner right now! i mean...heck, HE did! i mean....SHOOT! he did the most to the car guys, so i mean yea, i think we should probably even stop accepting other entrants because they don't want to be embarassed by putting it up to batmobile's. might hurt their self esteem. and don't forget, he was using paint, not photoshop!

Batmobile_Turbo
02-26-2004, 06:07 PM
lets just declare batmobile_turbo the winner right now! i mean...heck, HE did! i mean....SHOOT! he did the most to the car guys, so i mean yea, i think we should probably even stop accepting other entrants because they don't want to be embarassed by putting it up to batmobile's. might hurt their self esteem. and don't forget, he was using paint, not photoshop!
why don't you just try and make one instead of complaining about how much you think i'm arrogent? the reason i say as much about paint as i do is because i don't think i stand a chance without photoshop.

bige321786
02-26-2004, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=Batmobile_Turbo]why don't you just try and make one instead of complaining about how much you think i'm arrogent? the reason i say as much about paint as i do is because i don't think i stand a chance without photoshop.[/QUOTE

Batmobile_Turbo: What are your pet peeves? What actions from people really irk you and get you going and upset?

Batmobile_Turbo
02-26-2004, 08:56 PM
why do you hate me so much anyway? i didn't really mean that mine was, without a doubt the best, i was being half serious, at least i'm doing something, make a chop, you don't have to be good at it you just have to have fun with it, and if you don't want to make one then get lost.

if you still think i'm a jackass, then whatever.

baddabang
02-27-2004, 01:04 PM

ok this is a democracy meaning that we vote on who wins so you shouldn't declare any anything.
aslo you havent been around here verylong, so are you trying to make a bad name for yourself??
and finally i dont use photoshop either

bige321786
02-27-2004, 04:56 PM
ok this is a democracy meaning that we vote on who wins so you shouldn't declare any anything.
aslo you havent been around here verylong, so are you trying to make a bad name for yourself??
and finally i dont use photoshop either

i was being sarcastic, pointing out batmobile's incredible arrogance and self righteousness. i'm not trying to make any sort of name for myself. i'm simply sick of batmobile_turbo.

NoOne
02-27-2004, 05:23 PM
i was being sarcastic, pointing out batmobile's incredible arrogance and self righteousness. i'm not trying to make any sort of name for myself. i'm simply sick of batmobile_turbo.
I think you take Batmobile_Turbo the wrong way, he is a well respected, enthusiastic member of this forum - a status which you have not achieved yet.

I think he may be trying to gain a bit of leeway because he is trying to compete using paint as opposed to Photoshop, I don't use either but its my understanding that this is quite a handicap. Personally, I think he should try to get a copy of Photoshop to even the score.

I will point out that what you are doing is not funny, nor is it constructive criticism, it is in fact harassment which only serves to lower the standards of this forum, which I will not stand idly by and watch. Last warning.

bige321786
02-27-2004, 05:51 PM
I think you take Batmobile_Turbo the wrong way, he is a well respected, enthusiastic member of this forum - a status which you have not achieved yet.

I think he may be trying to gain a bit of leeway because he is trying to compete using paint as opposed to Photoshop, I don't use either but its my understanding that this is quite a handicap. Personally, I think he should try to get a copy of Photoshop to even the score.

I will point out that what you are doing is not funny, nor is it constructive criticism, it is in fact harassment which only serves to lower the standards of this forum, which I will not stand idly by and watch. Last warning.

Fair enough. Your forums. Your rules.

carlover
02-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Oh crap, I've only got one day! Well, I'll get to work right away. I hope I finish it by monday.

UK CARS
02-29-2004, 11:58 AM
ALRIGHT THEN, heres mine.
I did this in about half an hour.
DTM style, what do you think.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-29-2004, 12:27 PM
ALRIGHT THEN, heres mine.
I did this in about half an hour.
DTM style, what do you think.
not bad, i think yours is the best yet, besides painterrs.

carlover
02-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Here is mine. It took me 30 minutes. BMW, Ferrari and Honda team up for the ULTIMATE CIVIC!!!!!!!!!

Doza
02-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Here is mine. It took me 30 minutes. BMW, Ferrari and Honda team up for the ULTIMATE CIVIC!!!!!!!!!
Wrong. Mine has more stickers and badges and a wing which yours lacks.
-------
Also, not mine, but I think the other photo is a picture of this same civic photoshopped.

Matra et Alpine
02-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Don't know what to say :)

Batmobile_Turbo
02-29-2004, 08:48 PM
really good, i like the rear spoiler, and the vent for the rear wheel. you should have put a Matra or an Alpine symbol on it though. :)

painterr
02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
He guys would you all mind if the voting was a day late. I got to get incontact with NoOne to see if he can add more slots for the ones that entered there chops. It only goes to 10 and we have 12 that entered this time!!!! SORRY!!

Batmobile_Turbo
02-29-2004, 09:12 PM
He guys would you all mind if the voting was a day late. I got to get incontact with NoOne to see if he can add more slots for the ones that entered there chops. It only goes to 10 and we have 12 that entered this time!!!! SORRY!!
you could try to just have people post to vote for the extra chops or something.

Matra et Alpine
02-29-2004, 09:51 PM
really good, i like the rear spoiler, and the vent for the rear wheel. you should have put a Matra or an Alpine symbol on it though. :)
Nah, I'll reserve that for when the car starts out with that logo.

Rear wing is 959, vent is Murena ice racer. wheels are Arnage

carlover
03-01-2004, 06:03 AM

Looks good but, it's missing a fog lamp. Unless it was supossed to be that way.

Matra et Alpine
03-01-2004, 07:45 AM
Looks good but, it's missing a fog lamp. Unless it was supossed to be that way.
meant to be.
The inner opening for the fog lamps was outside the line with the indicator edge.
As you see only the tiniest hint of the indicator on the other side I decided it would NOT be visible from this angle.
Looking again, it's a hard call.
I think there's the photo-shopping mentality which would suggest adding it even though the real world view probably wouldn't.
I still stand by my interpretation of the visibility of it in the real world :)
Man you guys are really looking at these things close !!

Batmobile_Turbo
03-01-2004, 05:54 PM
meant to be.
The inner opening for the fog lamps was outside the line with the indicator edge.
As you see only the tiniest hint of the indicator on the other side I decided it would NOT be visible from this angle.
Looking again, it's a hard call.
I think there's the photo-shopping mentality which would suggest adding it even though the real world view probably wouldn't.
I still stand by my interpretation of the visibility of it in the real world :)
Man you guys are really looking at these things close !!
i would have gone by, that the part of the foglight was about half way up the the headlight on the visible side and then put it to the same part on the other side.

Matra et Alpine
03-01-2004, 06:30 PM
i would have gone by, that the part of the foglight was about half way up the the headlight on the visible side and then put it to the same part on the other side.
aha, crossed signals !!

Do you mean the extra light built into the headlamp or the extra light inset below the headlight in the front dam ?

My consideration was on the latter.

If you mean the former, then that lens was actually in the original umage.
I just 'grew' the rest of the lamp. The lens is NOT visible on the other side in the original, nor intended in mine. The bodyline is falling away from the viewer and the lens is flush on the glass and would NOT show up.

Batmobile_Turbo
03-01-2004, 06:38 PM
the lens should not be visible, but maybe just a little of the alcove for the foglight