PDA

View Full Version : Forza - Drift

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Alright, this will be the page that i will update every time i work out a cars best drift set up.

so far i have the RX-7 Series III drift setup:

(WARNING - IT LOVES TO SPIN IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING)

Step one: Buy RX-7
Step two: Buy all upgrades in engine and suspension departments
Step three: Enter tuneup
Step four: Tune camber up to full on the REAR wheels only
Step five: Tune suspension rebound and bound 3/4 the way up
Step six: Put brake bias power to the Left of the dial

ON COURSE WARM UP

Step one: Complete a few burnouts to warm the tires up. - heat is essential
Step two: Entry is the most important part to get drift right, go slow around the track nurmerous times to pick the right lines.
Step three: Each lap get progressively more agressive, till your on full throttle and getting serious wheelspin.

FULL TILT DRIFT

Step one: Follow your lines.
Step two: Brake late and turn while braking
Step three: Get on the throttle early to get the power down and wheels sideways
Step four: Keep practicing the lines and styles that work for you.

You may want to de-tune the power to stop it getting out of control.

__________________________________________________ _____________

The next car to get a setup will be the NISSAN 200Sx (S14)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

johnnynumfiv
12-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Do the 240z with the skyline motor, by far the easiest car to drift :D
I need to try this setup sometime, thanks for the tips. :)

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Dorifuto VID

this is what i have got in the 200sx in my first run with basic setup changes - yet to have final set up chosen

Sweeney921
12-21-2005, 08:09 PM
holy crap, that's awesome! I'm definitely gonna try that out later tonight.

clutch-monkey
12-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Do the 240z with the skyline motor, by far the easiest car to drift :D
I need to try this setup sometime, thanks for the tips. :)
i just tried that car wit that engine, and holy crap! you weren't kidding!

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 08:34 PM
maple valey is my fave place to drift, its nice and hilly to upset the car :D keeps you on your toes ;)

i have more of that vid to share if you guys want :)

Vindesh17
12-21-2005, 08:43 PM
we want, we want!!!!!!!!

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 08:58 PM
three on the same corner :)

and one other drift.

one more to come from this run :)

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Two more vids. i have fine tuned the setups, next post will contain all drift techniques and setups for the car :)

If anyone has a request for the next car for the setups please dont hesitate to ask

whiteballz
12-22-2005, 04:51 PM
DRIFT SETTINGS FOR NISSAN 200SX

Tire pressure - Front / Rear: 3 bar

Gearing: (over-all gearing) 4.09

Camber: F- -0.5
R- -2.5

Anti Roll: F- 21.2
R- 30.8

Springs: F- 80.5
R- 87.4

Height: F- 97.5mm
R- 105.4mm

Damping:
Bound: F- 5.6
R- 8.4
Re-bound: F- 5.6
R- 9.6

Breaking:
Bias: 0% front
Force: 200%

Differential: F/R 51%
__________________________________________________ _____________

any requests for the next car to be set up for drift?
__________________________________________________ ______

man 430gt
12-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Cheers for the info whiteballz, and ican't seem to view any of the videos:(

whiteballz
12-22-2005, 06:27 PM
man430gt, ill send you a vid or two over msn. ive added you.

(email is [email protected])

man 430gt
12-23-2005, 03:19 PM
man430gt, ill send you a vid or two over msn. ive added you.

(email is [email protected])
yai!!!

Edit---
Could you make the next car a 355?

whiteballz
12-23-2005, 03:33 PM
sure, the next car will be a F355. might take a while though, im only on level 17 :p

SupraMan22
12-30-2005, 06:56 PM
I've found a new hobby. Thank you whiteballz. lol this is pretty fun stuff. Tune the 200 to max though?

whiteballz
12-31-2005, 05:14 PM
its quite easy to drift with stock power, but with full tuneup it just lets you take it to the next level :)

i will have-

350Z DRIFT SETTINGS UP NEXT

Ziostilon
07-05-2006, 10:51 PM
so anymore drift techniques. if not does anyone know what other sites or forums i can visit to find out

whiteballz
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah, this one :p hahaha.

im just out of state right now, but once i get home or if i have time here kicking clutch-monkey's ass at drifting today i might share one or two with you :)

MARTENIZZLE
07-17-2006, 03:51 PM
ay whiteballz have a setup for a lancer evo man?

whiteballz
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
im at school right now, when i get home i will make one up and post it for you.

what is your style? are you generally sideways INTO or OUT of the corner more?
(different styles need different setups)

Ziostilon
07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
whiteballz, can i get a setup for the Ferrari 360 Modena.
And note, i mostly go into the corner.

Code Red Monte
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
any done for the CTS-V??? i used the set up for the 1st car u posted about and it works to a certian exent but not the best

clutch-monkey
07-20-2006, 10:22 PM
any done for the CTS-V??? i used the set up for the 1st car u posted about and it works to a certian exent but not the best

what is your style? are you generally sideways INTO or OUT of the corner more?
(different styles need different setups)
:) you'll have to explain your style before whiteballz can optimize the setup for you - it makes a huge difference.
our cars are set up very differently because of the way we go through a corner

Code Red Monte
07-20-2006, 11:16 PM
:) you'll have to explain your style before whiteballz can optimize the setup for you - it makes a huge difference.
our cars are set up very differently because of the way we go through a corner
well i just got an xbox( yes i know im out of date) and im just learning how to drift, ive done it in GT4 but never on xbox, and idono how i drift all i can say is its nothn like what most newbs do lol im kinda of a pussy footer into the corners, i go in high and i try to exit low but i seem to stay high like IE on maple valley in turn 1 the big long sweeping corner ill stay at the top for about the 1st half and the other half i kinda get to lose and start to fishtale. so if that helps idono ill get a vids if its easier

Rockefella
07-20-2006, 11:25 PM
well i just got an xbox( yes i know im out of date) and im just learning how to drift, ive done it in GT4 but never on xbox, and idono how i drift all i can say is its nothn like what most newbs do lol im kinda of a pussy footer into the corners, i go in high and i try to exit low but i seem to stay high like IE on maple valley in turn 1 the big long sweeping corner ill stay at the top for about the 1st half and the other half i kinda get to lose and start to fishtale. so if that helps idono ill get a vids if its easier
I'm no GOD at drifting or anything, but I can provide SOME advice. Before entering the corner, start off at the inside of the track (before the corner) and QUICKLY flick the wheel and turn the car to the opposite side of the track to throw off the balance. Just a split second after flicking the car across the track, flick it back across to the inside (from the outside apex of the corner) and try to slide the car sideways along the inside curbing, using the wheel/steering and gas or brake to keep the proper line and drift. Towards the end of the corner, get back on the gas and correct the drift by turning back the opposite way.

A good rule of thumb is to always drift in a low gear, so you can use the throttle to a higher extent, while keeping those wheel's spinning.

whiteballz
07-20-2006, 11:56 PM
you just gave me a good idea rocke, unveiling in however long it takes for me to do it (BTW setups are on their way, i keep having too much fun fine tuning the evo :embarrased:)

kingofthering
07-20-2006, 11:59 PM
is the wheel better than the PS2 controller? i can't seem to do long smoky drifts , but i can pull off small angle slides with the ebrake, but i can't put the right amount of throttle/steering angle. will the wheel help? I won't buy the GT4 wheel, but i can at least hope that there is some possibility of pulling off drifts.

Rockefella
07-21-2006, 12:34 AM
is the wheel better than the PS2 controller? i can't seem to do long smoky drifts , but i can pull off small angle slides with the ebrake, but i can't put the right amount of throttle/steering angle. will the wheel help? I won't buy the GT4 wheel, but i can at least hope that there is some possibility of pulling off drifts.
Use manual transmission.

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 12:37 AM
My particular style is pendulum, or "scandinavian flick"

Which is shown in the first vid.

The way in which i control a RWD vehicle during the corner is shown in the second vid, in which note the flicks of opposite lock. (shows i could have gone wilder and faster with the drift)

The Third video showcases my audi drift setup, however due to the poor quality it barely looks like im drifting at all. Control of an AWD is different mid corner, generally its just hit handbrake till desired drift angle is aquired, full throttle back on, and full opposite lock.

is the wheel better than the PS2 controller?

No, it is stupid in terms of drifting, it forces snap over/understeer in 1/2 of a turn, its ridiculous. (I use controler)

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Caddie CTS-V
I can make this drift, but one thing I cant do is make it light.

Keep your eye on entry speeds unless you want to mow the grass with this bloated cow.

That said, use the momentum to help get (and keep) a good AOA (angle of attack)

Power upgrades = Higher powered engine, full exhaust and tune (first option in engine section)
Other upgrades = Full everything (suspension, gears etc)

Tire pressure
Front: 2 BAR
Rear: 3 BAR (med high on slider)

Camber
Front = stock
Rear = -0.2

Anti-Roll
Front = Full
Rear = Full

Springs
Front = 143.1
Rear = 141.1

Damping (bump)
Front = 3.7
Rear = 3.9

Damping (Re-bound)
Front = 8.4
Rear = 8.7

clutch-monkey
07-21-2006, 01:11 AM
well i just got an xbox( yes i know im out of date) and im just learning how to drift, ive done it in GT4 but never on xbox, and idono how i drift all i can say is its nothn like what most newbs do lol im kinda of a pussy footer into the corners, i go in high and i try to exit low
sounds kind of what i do: enter really high and go sideways through the racing line - at the apex my nose is usually a few inches from the inside
do you follow the outside edge or cut through the centre like me?
if you want an idea of how different me and whiteballz drift i use a viper to his supra :D

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Evolution:
This is a nice AWD car to drift, be warned, handbrake will tend to give you an un-savable AOA, use it shortly and quickly.

That said, heavy trail braking is required to get this sideways without the use of handbrake, on some corners, handbrake IS a necessary evil.

Tire pressure
Front: 2 BAR
Rear: 3 BAR (med high on slider)

Camber
Front = stock
Rear = -2.3

Anti-Roll
Front = 24
Rear = 19.8

Springs
Front = 119.9 Kg
Rear = 71.9

Damping (bump)
Front = 10.3
Rear = 9.5

Damping (Re-bound)
Front = 7.5
Rear = 9.5

Brakes (balance)
Front = 16% (slider heavily to the left)

Brakes (pressure)
140% (3/4 up the slider)

handbrake (pressure)

1604KG

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 01:19 AM
though i branch out in cars i use greatly, i love using AWD, and MR cars as well as supra's. to be honest, supra's are awesome to use, i have 4 different tuned supra's... one has so much boost mid corner i use that power to drift :D

clutch-monkey
07-21-2006, 01:23 AM
^ lol
"holy crap my boost is coming on" *tires explode*
my technique requires a smooth power curve lol, or i'd be screwed

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 02:05 AM
here is a rough estimation of what our power curves look like. its pretty amusing when we drag on the strip to see him blast out of the blocks quicker then me, but once my boost kicks in.. well i win by a car length or three.

Code Red Monte
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
i tryed the set up for the CTS-V i had to acctully take off the 11 psi supercharger so i can keep it on the track and not from spining, and if i use the 6.0 race engine that was not a good idea at all lol. im still a BIG newb at drifting, im still on taht mode that i need to keep my thumb pushn that poor D pad all the way to the left or right to keep the slide, and when im on maple valley the short version when i enter turn one after the little hump beofre the turn i lock up the rear tires and get the car to slide from there, but the car is sitll goin like 100+ into the corner and that corner is a long negitave turn, so half away through the car runs into the inside corner grass, even with teh STI it still does this. and on the track after maple valley(forgot the name) that long trun before the finish line, i can get the CTS to do the full slide and allmost stick it at the exit to the turn. the shity part is i drive sprint cars here in the states at a local track and i though it would be the same as that and wow there is no even a comparence to it lol i though i could take my experance from that and apply it to that. lol i quess not

kingofthering
07-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Use manual transmission.
i use manual transmission, but that fifth gear guy says something about balancing throttle with steering to avoid spinning out.

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 07:28 PM
watch the video i posted on control mid drift. it shows my steering and throttle movements very well.

feathering the throttle (letting off and putting back on) is good to do while your holding opposite lock.

kingofthering
07-21-2006, 09:21 PM
i've decided to use the S2000 that is easier to drift, i don't think the AWD WRX STI was designed to drift, but it powerslides easily . The only modifications i do are to the engine and the driving aids. The suspensions get minor mods.

clutch-monkey
07-21-2006, 09:30 PM
i've decided to use the S2000 that is easier to drift, i don't think the AWD WRX STI was designed to drift, but it powerslides easily . The only modifications i do are to the engine and the driving aids. The suspensions get minor mods.
the sti can drift ok if you modify the driveline etc :)

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 10:11 PM
sounds like i have to make a vid of the STI drifting now..

whiteballz
07-21-2006, 10:37 PM
well here you go, me drifting my STI, one of my faveourite cars to drift.

i feel rather confident drifting this car, whats the hardest corner in the entire game and i will try to drift it :eek: :cool:

EDIT: forgot to attach vids :o

Code Red Monte
07-22-2006, 09:14 PM
for some reason i can see any of ur attached files, gheyness there i quess but ive watched some stuff on streetfire.net and i think i get some of your guys techenques

Code Red Monte
07-22-2006, 10:34 PM
i ahve a vid of my drift in the CTS -v will get posted up in teh next few mins

Code Red Monte
07-22-2006, 11:12 PM
ok either u can get it at youtube here>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ICFYGwu6U

or u can DL from my server here>>>>>http://www.dakotawbody.com/vids/CTSV%20drift.wmv

whiteballz
07-22-2006, 11:46 PM
its called powersliding, but its how we all start basically :)

Code Red Monte
07-22-2006, 11:50 PM
well i try

Ziostilon
07-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Whiteballz, can u make a Ferrari 360 Modena setup for me. PLEASE:D

whiteballz
07-24-2006, 07:12 PM
sure thing.

Ziostilon
07-24-2006, 11:31 PM
whiteballz, you're a really nice and generous person!!!

whiteballz
07-25-2006, 12:14 AM
why thank you Ziostilon :) your setup shortly :)

whiteballz
07-25-2006, 12:53 AM
the ferrari is a tough car to set up on a medium power basis, hard to break traction at the rear, and once it does it likes to spin... if you get it right its nice though...
i will tweak it abit and then post it later.

Roy Visser
07-26-2006, 07:52 AM
the ferrari is a tough car to set up on a medium power basis, hard to break traction at the rear, and once it does it likes to spin... if you get it right its nice though...
i will tweak it abit and then post it later.

you just described the problem any midengined car has. Loads of grip, but when it goes, its allot harder to control!

clutch-monkey
07-26-2006, 12:43 PM
^ suprisingly the carrera gt isnt that bad if you keep the angle lower

Kruizer
08-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Hey, can anyone plz post the Trueno, 350Z, FD, FC and NSX-R drift set ups!?
PLz/ Thankyou
i appreciate it

Ziostilon
08-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey, can anyone plz post the Trueno, 350Z, FD, FC and NSX-R drift set ups!?
PLz/ Thankyou
i appreciate it

u can try the Forza Central Forums. http://forzacentral.com

whiteballz
08-13-2006, 05:48 PM
sorry for the delay Ziostilon, your modena is ready, i will post it shortly.

whiteballz
08-13-2006, 06:41 PM
ATT: all tunes made in "english" system. psi not bar, inches not mm etc etc

MODS:
ENGINE: muffler, ignition, 2nd level turbo.
BODY: not much that can be done!
SUSPENSION AND PARTS: Full Tune.

Tire pressure - Front / Rear: 26psi/32psi

Gearing:
(over-all gearing): STOCK

Camber:
F- STOCK
R- -3.3

Anti Roll:
F- 20.7
R- 16.5

Springs:
F- 662.8
R- 745.2

Height:
F- 5.9
R- 5.9

Damping:
Bound:
F- 7.7
R- 11.8

Re-bound:
F- 9.9
R-14.8

Brakeing:
Bias: 38% front
Force: 127%
E-Brake:3,592 lbs

Differential:
Acc: 87%
Dec: 75%

sorry for the delay Ziostilon.

m_weinerich
08-19-2006, 11:58 AM
sweet

Star_Chris
08-23-2006, 07:20 AM
I would love a F355 setup please, thanks!

They had one on forzacentral, but it was all deleted.

P.S, your work is great!

Ziostilon
08-24-2006, 02:15 PM
thx, whiteballz

ReKleineR
08-25-2006, 07:15 PM
its quite easy to drift with stock power, but with full tuneup it just lets you take it to the next level :)

i will have-

350Z DRIFT SETTINGS UP NEXT

So yeah... I like to play Forza and Drift like you guys, and I don't know much about tuning the cambers and what not to help the car drift any better, and I did a google search for a 350z drift setup for forza, and lone be hold this is the post that almost made my day :)

But anyway I was wondering if you ever got around to setting it up?
Heres a pic of my 350z like Tanner Foust's AEM Drift Car.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/klein35/DSCF0817.jpg
And this is his car...http://67.59.157.230/images/content/9370451f-05ae-4158-9c05-9d67e80cb14d.jpg

But anyway, I tried that Cadillac CTS-V Setup for the 350z and it worked pretty dece. Sorry to barge in this forum and say so much for a first post, but thanks if you can help me.

whiteballz
08-25-2006, 08:53 PM
no problem, UCP.com is the best car site around.

i will make you a 350Z setup today. what class would you like it to be in? Sclass? A class? etc

ReKleineR
08-26-2006, 07:29 AM
It's an S class. It had like 750 hp but I tammed it down so it was more realistic and closer to the real drift car.

I'm glad I came across this site, maybe I'll stick around ;)

clutch-monkey
08-27-2006, 05:33 AM
dude if you have trouble with the 200 se then you shouldn't feel confident against me and whiteballz :p :D if i had Live i'd love to have a race though :(
it's usually the bect way to learn/practise
edit: try the viper competition coupe, tell me what you think of it for drifting :)

whiteballz
08-27-2006, 02:47 PM
lol, those setups were a long time ago for me, my style has changed since then, i used to love totaly psycho cars to drift, and clutch will tell you i clould hold some pretty farking long distance drifts on a good angle, where as he going high angle, for a shorter distance.

the car i am using these days is a tuscan R

clutch-monkey
08-27-2006, 06:40 PM
i just like the viper, i can always use it no matter how out of practice i am :D
a lot of grip that can be used to recover from those stupidly high angles...

clutch-monkey
08-28-2006, 01:20 AM
i need some help tunin my cars. i need to know how alignment.anti.roll.damping.differentials. work the txt at the bottom doesnt help to much:confused: cuz it does say how it'll affect my car:mad:

Hey monkey three things...
1. i have a new friend :) its called a Supra TT...at first i wasnt going trouble..that was till i found out how REALIST Forza is...so yea i took it out for a spin liked it. tuned it. now its murderuos:D

2. watch ur mouth. jus bcuz i cant drift 220 se..doesnt mean i cant drift right alone the left side of ur car:p

3. how much is live? is it compatable for all games?:cool:
1. yes, whiteballz prefers the supra... also the JGTC ones.. it just doesn't fit my style :) i need linear delivery to keep my high angles :D
2. maybe not, maybe so :p *insert "can't touch this" image*
i have actually drifted the entire infield circuit without spinning or regaining grip.. :D
3. live is about $75 a year? i think? it's definately compatible for forza... and most other multiplayer games, check the box, it will have 'Live compatible' on it somewhere.

Machalel
08-28-2006, 06:44 PM
well i've always *thought* that I could drift in Forza until I actually *tried* to do it properly...

hmmmm....more practice for me!

What do you guys find is the best track to practice on?

whiteballz
08-29-2006, 01:49 AM
infield is nice and easy, but its not very challenging, tsukuba is good, same with the N'ring.

clutch-monkey
08-29-2006, 02:02 AM
iight ill see wut i can do abt the Xbox Live Thing. wuts the JGTC?:confused:
all i remember was that it wasn't that much for xbos live subscription, for a year:cool:
JGTC is the japanese race series, there are a few supras that race in that class.... check out the 'yellow hat supra' ;)

machalel there are a few good tracks depending on how good you are or what you're style is: as said, try Infield, or the nurburgring for a challenge, also maple valley (long) is quite good, as well as Laguna seca.

whiteballz
08-29-2006, 02:08 AM
oh, another good track is the point to point shipping yards :)

clutch-monkey
08-29-2006, 02:28 AM
^ true, as well as those downhills if you're feeling skilled :D for a challenge try the long hillclimb in a cerbera....

clutch-monkey
08-30-2006, 12:00 AM
press the 'go advanced' option next to the quick reply and you'll find the image attachment feature

whiteballz
08-30-2006, 04:35 AM
nice, can i see some more of that sparco caddy (if thats what it is?)

whiteballz
08-30-2006, 05:05 AM
nothing happens, its just a visual trick.

Machalel
08-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh, well i've been practicing on the Mount Kaido (or whatever the track is called)... maybe thats why i'm finding it hard... :P

My fav. 4WD car: Subaru WRX 22B (I've found that the Subaru's drift a lot easier than the Evo's, with the exception of the Evo VI)

Fav. RWD car: Porsche GT2 (Supprisingly not that hard to drift, the only problem is that once the rear end gets a little too far out, there's no way to catch it)

ReKleineR
08-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I love Subaru's, especially the 2004 STi, I made one with the WRC paintjob, maybe I'll take a pic and show you.

ReKleineR
08-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Well I wish These pics would come in better quality but here's my baby :)
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/klein35/DSCF0819.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/klein35/DSCF0823.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/klein35/DSCF0821.jpg

Machalel
08-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Here are some pictures of mine.

I find it is very hard to get good angles with the replay camera, does anyone else have this problem? It sucks no being able to position it properly (i've been spoilt with GT4 i think :P)

Here's my GT2:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7848/image013ee2.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image013ee2.jpg) http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5576/image014tb9.th.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image014tb9.jpg)

and drifting at 300 km/h... hehehe...
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5629/image016vn4.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image016vn4.jpg)

my 22B:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1787/image020ek8.th.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image020ek8.jpg)

These were the best pictures I could get...
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7233/image021ne7.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image021ne7.jpg) http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7860/image024ac4.th.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image024ac4.jpg)

Machalel
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Some more pics of mine:

I like this car! It's very controlable:
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1594/350zpic1hy2.th.png (http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=350zpic1hy2.png) http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7091/350zpic2nl5.th.png (http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=350zpic2nl5.png)
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6107/350zdrift1gi2.th.png (http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=350zdrift1gi2.png) http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3598/350zdrift2cs5.th.png (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=350zdrift2cs5.png) http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/338/350zdrift3uu0.th.png (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=350zdrift3uu0.png)

Drifting Evo style :P
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1838/evopic1am4.th.png (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=evopic1am4.png)
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8446/evodrift1xw2.th.png (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=evodrift1xw2.png) http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9236/evodrift2qq1.th.png (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=evodrift2qq1.png) http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6324/evodrift3xc5.th.png (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=evodrift3xc5.png)

DesmoRob
08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Just bought Forza motorsport for the xbox today:D. I got it at 7pm, and almost 5 hours later here I am! What a fun game. I haven't even started career mode yet, just been blasting away at arcade trying to unlock new courses and cars. So addicting:).

clutch-monkey
09-01-2006, 12:58 AM
bad news: i can drift the 200se...which means that im one step closer to be able to drift along side U:p
lol :p maybe ... i'm still fine tuning the viper..

Fav. RWD car: Porsche GT2 (Supprisingly not that hard to drift, the only problem is that once the rear end gets a little too far out, there's no way to catch it)
if you want something REALLY nuts, try the carrera RS.... and then drive it on the nurburgring :D

an u Clutch. drift a fwd an sen me a the setup:D
ugh..i hate drifitng FWD... but we do have a certain Hoinda Civic with an interesting set up...

whiteballz
09-04-2006, 06:45 PM
heh, i have an older civic with 730 hp to drift :p

and the buick grand le sabre? ive been moving house but yeah, sure thing

clutch-monkey
09-04-2006, 10:41 PM
not really.. it seems more satisfying in Forza, imo

whiteballz
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
you want tips on the drift setups? why dont you experiment for yourself?

whiteballz
09-05-2006, 08:51 PM
do u guys driftin any other games? im driftin in NFS:U2

lol, arcade games dont capture anything about drifting, it is much more satisfying in forza because you do more then plant your foot.

clutch-monkey
09-05-2006, 08:53 PM
no, i pretty much just plant my foot :D jk

whiteballz
09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Some more pics of mine:

I like this car! It's very controlable:

nice paint on the nissan :)

i want to see how you drift, video some of your replay with whatever you can, and put it up, i am interested in your style. (sideways)

and clutch, i will plant my foot firmly up your ass if your not careful!

Machalel
09-06-2006, 04:28 AM
I was trying to get a factory-sponsored looking theme going... i'm still fiddling with the style.

How do you guys initiate and hold the drift?

I try not to use the hand-break, normally try the "flick" and "brake & power on" drift (don't know what they are called, but you get the idea). I find 4wd hard to maintain momentum without understeering or re-gaining grip, and RWD hard to stop from spinning out...

clutch-monkey
09-06-2006, 04:33 AM
i simply turn slightly and floor it about 30m before the start of the corner

Machalel
09-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Some Old-School cool...

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2150/240zpic1pq8.th.png (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=240zpic1pq8.png)
exchange the word "accelerator pedal" to "sideways pedal" for this car!

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4004/240zdrift1gj0.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=240zdrift1gj0.png) http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9227/240zdrift2qx3.th.png (http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=240zdrift2qx3.png)

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5909/fc3sdrift1rz3.th.png (http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fc3sdrift1rz3.png) http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8710/fc3sdrift2mx0.th.png (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fc3sdrift2mx0.png) http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9376/fc3sdrift3yr7.th.png (http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fc3sdrift3yr7.png)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6672/hachirokkudrift1cy7.th.png (http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hachirokkudrift1cy7.png) http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5228/hachirokkudrift2sg1.th.png (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hachirokkudrift2sg1.png) http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7687/hachirokkudrift3pc4.th.png (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hachirokkudrift3pc4.png) http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4631/hachirokkudrift4an5.th.png (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hachirokkudrift4an5.png)

clutch-monkey
09-09-2006, 05:09 PM
it has come to my attention that erry1 is driftin in arcade mode..i drift in free run...does the make any difference?
me and 'ballz drift in free run, i've never touched arcade

Machalel
09-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I always use career mode :)

clutch-monkey
09-09-2006, 06:57 PM
the bottom slide bar of the diff options, send 90% of the power to the rear

Machalel
09-10-2006, 01:42 AM
I also set the acc diff to about 75% and the decel diff to about 25%

Machalel
09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah, just practice... I keep doing it all the time as well :)

you just have to learn where the point that you have to turn back straight again is...

whiteballz
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
sideways, the AWD is the simple car to drift.

coming into the corner, scadinavian flick the car, use the hand brake till you reach your desired exit angle, release handbrake, floor it, and you should be fine. in my audi i can drift without touching the steering inputs mid corner.

Machalel
09-12-2006, 11:03 PM
The AWD cars are easy to get the hang of, but hard to master...

The problem I have with AWD is that they seem to suddenly "grip" halfway through a drift and then understeer off the road... >_<

Rockefella
09-13-2006, 11:39 AM
i would show u what i meant but i am school an the PC is gay..
I thought all PC's were heterosexual, or was it that only laptops are gay? Hmm, that's odd.. never knew there were sexual preferences.

6'bore
09-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought all PC's were heterosexual, or was it that only laptops are gay? Hmm, that's odd.. never knew there were sexual preferences.
Just the fact that 'he is school' has me bermused.

dazza19
09-25-2006, 09:46 PM
haha yeh

BMW_Trance
10-06-2006, 11:11 AM
how easy is it to drift a 350z? so far the only cars i drift in , are the evo, sometimes a 240sx, i dont like it too much cuz i havent set it up properly. im mostly into the true race cars ;) but i found this thread and thought i'd make an account

clutch-monkey
10-06-2006, 06:51 PM
i found the 350Z a bit tricky actually.... i usually drift things with huge rear wheels so it's easy to catch yourself from sliding too much

whiteballz
10-06-2006, 08:35 PM
i drift anything, but the last time i set up a 350 (over a year ago) it was way too tail happy.

Machalel
10-08-2006, 04:49 AM
The 350 isnt too bad to drift, just make all the settings the same as if you were racing and go from there... adjust one at a time until you like it :)

BMW_Trance
10-08-2006, 01:30 PM
i drift anything, but the last time i set up a 350 (over a year ago) it was way too tail happy.

ehh, all i did was make it have like 400 hp and get the rear wheels as far apart from eachother as possible, then drop the suspension almost all the way down, mess with the sway bars, and it drifts pretty shweet :)

kingofthering
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
hahaha i can drift the Honda Fit

Roy Visser
10-09-2006, 03:25 AM
hahaha i can drift the Honda Fit

no you cant, you can slide it though..

Drftr
10-09-2006, 05:55 AM
:D im so noob at drifting i try to set up a drift car but i cant use the settings cos im from oz and everyone uses other metric units so i have no idea what settings to use any help will be appreicated:confused: :D

whiteballz
10-09-2006, 06:17 AM
from oz? oz being australia?

Drftr
10-09-2006, 07:20 AM
yeah thats the one austrailia sorry

Drftr
10-09-2006, 07:24 AM
whoops!!! lol

Drftr
10-09-2006, 09:34 PM
i can drift half way around a corner and it slides out and runs put of power need some help could some one teach me on Xlink if anyone has it:rolleyes: :)

whiteballz
10-09-2006, 11:55 PM
im from Australia, so is clutch monkey.

its not hard to use other settings.

Drftr
10-10-2006, 01:26 AM
yer but its confusing trying to figure out where its from. all i do is spin

whiteballz
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
i saw your vids, what you need to do is drive like you would be racing (to start with) come into the corners faster, and brake in a straight line as you come to the corner, as soon as you let your finger off the brakes, turn and put the handbrake on for about half to a whole second, let off the handbrake, then countersteer your way to glory.

Drftr
10-10-2006, 04:14 PM
thanks ill try that see if it works :D

clutch-monkey
10-10-2006, 04:18 PM
i saw your vids, what you need to do is drive like you would be racing (to start with) come into the corners faster, and brake in a straight line as you come to the corner, as soon as you let your finger off the brakes, turn and put the handbrake on for about half to a whole second, let off the handbrake, then countersteer your way to glory.
:D or just turn and floor it... or don't brake in a straight line :D (probably only really works in my car.. i don't use handbrake :D )
..or in your case Sam, simply come onto boost :p

whiteballz
10-10-2006, 06:36 PM
haha, funnily enough ive been drifting a NON-TURBO silvia recently.. along with a few other cars with as little boost as possible... ive been trying to re-teach myself how to drift, as my style was getting messyer and messyer after drifting FWD's...

Drftr
10-10-2006, 08:25 PM
yer i have a habit of flooring it everywhere i go i never let go of the accelarator lol i think that is a bad sign :( lol

Drftr
10-11-2006, 01:02 AM
i cant seem to keep drifting i can only go half way and run out of power :(

mr beh 09
10-11-2006, 07:35 AM
i just modded the 360 modena as mentioned...now can someone tell me how to use it effectively?...driftwise, i mean...thanks...

whiteballz
10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
seeing as i was the tuner, i may aswell tell you.

come in moderately fast, brake hard while your turning, slow in, power full on and the back will loose grip, but dont snap your throttle off because that will make you loose control. just gently guide it through.

mr beh 09
10-11-2006, 06:55 PM
hey whiteballz...
any chance that you might have settings for a skyline?
thanks...

whiteballz
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
i can make some, give me time though, ive been at work all day and dont want to do too much atm

Drftr
10-12-2006, 03:19 AM
how do u make the back swing out and have front grip to drift around what settings do i change ???

clutch-monkey
10-12-2006, 09:54 PM
give the rear tires some negative camber (about 2 degree's is mor ethan enough to start with)

whiteballz
10-13-2006, 01:09 AM
that and increase pressure in the back alot, and decrease it in the front slightly.

clutch-monkey
10-13-2006, 01:12 AM
there was some sway bar stuff to do as well, or you could just use a viper and not worry about all that crap :)

Drftr
10-13-2006, 01:53 AM
i got it my ae86 will do me just fine for now ;)

Drftr
10-13-2006, 06:37 AM
yer bk higher front lower

Drftr
10-13-2006, 04:40 PM
anyoine know how to use pedros forzabin tool to inject decals??>

clutch-monkey
10-13-2006, 04:59 PM
nope... ask whiteballz though, he's into the rice stu - err, i mean decals :D
edit: WTF since when am i a supporting member :confused:

Drftr
10-13-2006, 05:15 PM
that sucks lol im a novice lol

kingofthering
10-13-2006, 05:47 PM
no you cant, you can slide it though..
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/kingoftheringman/IMG0010.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/kingoftheringman/IMG0009.jpg

Drftr
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM
nice work im about to but a vid of mine in a min

Drftr
10-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Need Ur Advice Ppl ? is this drifting or just powersliding people sed thius is sliding...
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/matt87_2006/?action=view&current=DRFTR.flv

Drftr
10-13-2006, 08:48 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/matt87_2006/NDVD_022.jpg http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/matt87_2006/NDVD_014.jpg http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/matt87_2006/NDVD_012copy.jpg http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/matt87_2006/NDVD_010copy.jpg http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/matt87_2006/NDVD_006copy.jpg:D

Drftr
10-14-2006, 02:13 AM
hey whiteballs do u know how to repack bins i cant do it on the pedroz tool

Drftr
10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
r34 drift hard if there stock.. and yer i got a modded xbox

Rockefella
10-25-2006, 10:59 PM
(Lets jus hope im right) once or rear tires loose grip an ur car goes sideways at an angle higer than 20 degrees...its a drift..powersliding is like when ur goin sideways an u hav no control over ur car..i think:confused: :confused: :( :( ask whiteballs & Clutchmoney..they WILL know:D
Well, yes, and no.

clutch-monkey
10-25-2006, 11:07 PM
wait wait wait...lets jus start over...HOW the hell did u get the neon under ur car?:confused: :confused: is ur box Modded or something...?:confused: anyways..whiteballs. i started driftin again:D but this time it strickly AWD..i got this subaru thats bound to demolish my Cluthes viper on a track wit many corners:D :D (watch ur ass m8):D ..yea im tryin hard to get live so i can beat the livin lights outta one of u cuz i think that im being under estimated:confused: ...(wut ever that meenz), but yea..imma crush clutch then balls...im tryin a skyline but it jus aint workin....toooo much accelly..:eek: :D
you've missed the boat. I've moved on to Test drive unlimited (very bad handling game) until my pre-ordered forza 2 comes out. Currently my sister has my old xbox.

whiteballz
10-26-2006, 12:13 AM
and i dont drift much anymore, because i have more things to do then buy live. specially since i can drift a real car.

clutch-monkey
10-26-2006, 12:20 AM
when it's working... :D :p

whiteballz
10-26-2006, 04:58 AM
w@nk3r.

clutch-monkey
10-28-2006, 07:30 PM
:D well good for u Whiteballs hope u suck-seed in driftin ur car...dont crash though..it'll cost u alot cheese.... anyways..imma jus keepin driftin till wen eva..oh finally figured out how to drift the skyline..its called gas-ebrake-brake..its kinda hard but ill master it:D :D :D
it's been costing him a lot just to get it on the road :D :D
lol sorry sam..couldn't resist :D

what settings have you put on the skyline for the anti-roll bars and tyre camber?

edit: is it true the US can't d/l the rainbow six:vegas demo off xblive?

BMW_Trance
11-07-2006, 12:33 AM
r34 drift hard if there stock.. and yer i got a modded xbox
no offense, but wtf is that 'drifting' on that link under your post? all you're doin is driving around and losing a bit of control :confused:

Birdman002
11-16-2006, 09:12 AM
yeah so i have an EVO 8 and i can drift like a dream its tight as hell

blue and viper stripes

whiteballz
11-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Practically anything is easy to drift *raises eyebrows*

man 430gt
11-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Practically anything is easy to drift *raises eyebrows*
If I had a rivalry against any member right now, his mother would be involved in this thread:D But yeah what ever, Havn't play Forza 1 for donkeys years now! Anyone got a good drift car setup for me to buy off Live?

whiteballz
11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
i will just give you one if you want.

man 430gt
11-28-2006, 03:13 PM
i will just give you one if you want.
Yay? How?!:rolleyes:

whiteballz
11-28-2006, 03:24 PM
can you wait like, 12 hours? i have work and wont be home till 5 or so, do you have a particular car you want to drift? ill make a custom one to suit your style.

man 430gt
11-29-2006, 10:21 AM
can you wait like, 12 hours? i have work and wont be home till 5 or so, do you have a particular car you want to drift? ill make a custom one to suit your style.
Anything cool looking! have you got Live on 360 or Xbox? Cos if you've only got Xbox not sure weather it will work because i got only 360 membership:(

whiteballz
11-29-2006, 03:45 PM
I think you mis-understood me, i will build a drift car, tell you the settings for you to copy it, you drive it, tell me what you would like to change, ill change it and send the revised settings :)

man 430gt
11-30-2006, 04:48 AM
I think you mis-understood me, i will build a drift car, tell you the settings for you to copy it, you drive it, tell me what you would like to change, ill change it and send the revised settings :)
Ok then. Yeah I'm at home today (Fcuked up my Knee) so just make it something that I can buy in the beggining got the cheat for unlimited amount of money..

DaNoob_Killa
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
hey whiteballz can u do a buick gtx grand national i think it is.cheers

Gigahurts
02-07-2007, 07:35 PM
i would like a 350z tuned all the for performance, and i want it to drift. how might i go about doing that? i would like it if u got it to work cause awd is all i can drift with right now. thanks
Gigahurts

man 430gt
03-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Hey Sideways glad to see you back here, TDU is a great game but the TDU Comminuty heres abit... dead, hit me up when you get. Also Forza 2 is not out till May?

Sledgehammer
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I can reorganize the forza competitions if enough people are interested. Last competition just kinda spaced out.

blakehahahaha
07-13-2007, 02:54 AM
hay whiteballz wats the best way 2 drift man i sorta got it but need more advice i have a stering wheel:D

hey im hungry
07-23-2007, 01:46 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/tiger200461/DIS2.gif

Team DIS Drifting now has a website! The site welcomes all do come view us doin our thing. The main site is now under construction, but the forums are up and running. If you love talking about drifting or just want to get better or meet some new drifting buddies sign up now! The site is disdrifting.com (http://disdrifting.com)

Thanks,
Hey Im Hungry

Roy Visser
07-23-2007, 03:19 AM
Team DIS Drifting now has a website! The site welcomes all do come view us doin our thing. The main site is now under construction, but the forums are up and running. If you love talking about drifting or just want to get better or meet some new drifting buddies sign up now! The site is disdrifting.com (http://disdrifting.com)

Thanks,
Hey Im Hungry

more introduction on what you do and who you are might have been better. This way it almost looks like a spambot or an advertisement.

Viktor
08-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Dude drifting is to easy
Ill post a video soon as i made one,
( im not spending 460$$$ only to play forza 2 :P )

SpecVQ35DE
10-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I know this is an old thread. But this is my first post on this forum. I didn't read every page, but i was wondering if there are any drift set ups for the 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432 with the SR20 and RB. Thanks.

P.S. The VQ that comes in the Z is a great motor. I'm surprised there isn't more use of it in the game. Would be good in a Nissan Sentra : ) I'm upset it's not in the game.

whiteballz
10-11-2007, 08:32 PM
haha, use the SR in the 432, you will only need about 280/320 kw to drift mentally in that.

all you should do for it being such a light car, buy all the suspension upgrades etc, then just stiffen everything up abit, put a tiny bit more negative camber on the fronts, and see how you go. Oh, for the diff, put it at 75% accell 50 Decel. brakes 110% force, and abit to the front wheels.