PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Cars' Movie

Niko_Fx
02-24-2004, 10:09 AM
I wanted to place a poll so you could vote for the movie you liked the most but I probably don't know them all. So just post the cars' movie you like the most.

Mine are:
1-Gone in 60 seconds
2-Days of thunder
3-Taxi
4-Cannonball

Turbo_Fumes
02-24-2004, 10:43 AM
My favorite car movie is Gone in 60 seconds. And my favorite car TV series is Dukes of Hazzard.

cls12vg30
02-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Do you guys mean the 2000 Nicolas Cage remake of Gone In 60 Seconds, or the 1974 original? The remake was OK, except for that lame CGI jump at the end, and the first time I saw it I was really dissappointed with the chase at the end, because I was expecting something closer to the original movie, where the final chase lasts over 40 minutes, and 93 cars were destroyed filming it. :cool:

I'd have to say my list goes:
1) Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
2) Cannonball Run
3) Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)

And if you include movies that are not necessarily all about cars, but feature fantastic car chases, you have to add
4) Ronin
5) Bullitt

P.S. Dukes of Hazzard rock.

Niko_Fx
02-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Do you guys mean the 2000 Nicolas Cage remake of Gone In 60 Seconds, or the 1974 original? The remake was OK, except for that lame CGI jump at the end, and the first time I saw it I was really dissappointed with the chase at the end, because I was expecting something closer to the original movie, where the final chase lasts over 40 minutes, and 93 cars were destroyed filming it. :cool:

I'd have to say my list goes:
1) Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
2) Cannonball Run
3) Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)

And if you include movies that are not necessarily all about cars, but feature fantastic car chases, you have to add
4) Ronin
5) Bullitt

P.S. Dukes of Hazzard rock.

Yes. I meant the 2000 version, I've never seen the old one

Quiggs
02-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Vanishing Point. I finally found it on DVD two weeks ago at Best Buy. $6, can't beat that... AND it's in widescreen! :D

IL Duce
02-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Most really good carmovies are already posted, exept 'the transporter'. And though it should never be a favorite, the fast and the furious and the sequel are fun to whatch. Favorite of mine would be Taxi 2, closely followed by gone in 60 secs. and Ronin. And maybe Bullitt for the chase (;) cls12vg30)
Got them all on DVD :D

ZerK
02-25-2004, 02:32 PM
The '00 Gone In 60 Seconds, despite the highly unconvincing jump at the end, it was quite good. Sadly haven't seen the origional. The cool thing about watching the '00 remake was watching it on video at a mates place, discussing the various dream motors along the way. Even if you hate the movie with a vengance, it's worth it just to see the Shelby GT500 'Eleanor' :cool:

And, of course, The Italian Job :D No dodgy Yank remakes, we're talkin' pure British 'ere guv'nor!

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Ahh, they don't make 'em like that any more :)

Smoke
02-25-2004, 02:33 PM
My fav movies are Gone in 60 Seconds(200 version I think), Days of Thunder, 2 Fast 2 Furiuos, and The Fast and the Furious.

My fav show is Dukes of Hazard.

IL Duce
02-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Of course, I totally forgot!!! I still gotta see the Italian Job , I hear everywhere it's very good. and then again, there's this old version of ths Italia Job ( just like with the 2 gone in 60 secs.'s) , but I'm not quite sure. Has anyone seen an old Italian Job, with the original Mini in it???

Matra et Alpine
02-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Of course, I totally forgot!!! I still gotta see the Italian Job , I hear everywhere it's very good. and then again, there's this old version of ths Italia Job ( just like with the 2 gone in 60 secs.'s) , but I'm not quite sure. Has anyone seen an old Italian Job, with the original Mini in it???
I'd posted some grabs from the DVD and a link to the favourite clip :)
The original is the best.
It's out on DVD, I'd think any rental place would get it in and it'll be for sale on lots of on-line stores.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23516&postcount=27

Batmobile_Turbo
02-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Herbie the Luv Bug :p