PDA

View Full Version : Political Debate

my porsche
12-21-2005, 11:58 PM
im missing watching everyone get all flustered and what-not, it was fun, so someone think of a topic, make an extremely opinionated statement about it and lets all sit back, popcorn and root beer in hand, and watch :D

whiteballz
12-22-2005, 12:11 AM
highly oppinionated?

subaru pwn @ll 3ur0 cr@p 3v4r!!!

HANDS DOWN!eleven!1!!!1one!!1!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

clutch-monkey
12-22-2005, 12:13 AM
all americans are fat, opiniated, uneducated, lazy, and can't tell their ass from their penis.

how was that?

oh and my penis is bigger than yours, whiteballz. and if you argue i'll set the cannonball on you. :D:p

whiteballz
12-22-2005, 12:33 AM
i dont mind the cannon ball. all the extreme sports just to get to the wet spot would make it worth it.. base jumpin.. sky diving.. surfing :D:D:D snow boarding :D

drakkie
12-22-2005, 12:48 AM
ok, here is a nice thing to debate about:

Euthanasia should be allowed. If people have obviously stated to family/friends and left a written message, that if they get too sick to have any chance of leading a normal life, they may be put to death using special pills, under the supervision of a doctor and a witness.

Pando
12-22-2005, 01:36 AM

Euthanasia should be allowed. If people have obviously stated to family/friends and left a written message, that if they get too sick to have any chance of leading a normal life, they may be put to death using special pills, under the supervision of a doctor and a witness.
Agreed. [/end debate] :D

henk4
12-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Euthanasia and abortion in "our" area of the world (Europe/North America) should not be decided upon by some religious wackos (christian fundamentalists, even worse than Muslims)

whiteballz
12-22-2005, 02:02 AM
euthanasia is perefctly reasonable in my oppinion.

drakkie
12-22-2005, 02:07 AM
euthanasia is perefctly reasonable in my oppinion.

in my personal opinion, it is. Many rligious fundamentalists (=christians) believe, it is against the will of god :) But who the f**k is God ? I never met him :)

edit: note th smilies ;)

henk4
12-22-2005, 02:08 AM
But who the f**k is God ? I never met him :)

Rest assured: HE has met you

Coventrysucks
12-22-2005, 02:39 AM
Rest assured: HE has met you

He didn't leave a lasting impression obviously...

Bush should have been stripped from office when he announced that he did what God/ Jesus told him to.

If Saddam/ Osama and the like are dismissed as "fundamentalists" and are generally thought to be less than ideal as leaders of countries/ organisations because they are following religious teachings, why not Bush?

Because he is Christian and not Muslim?

And yet Americans still can't grasp why people in Iran etc aren't trying to overthrow their strange religious overlords, whilst the people in Iran etc are probably wondering the same of them...

IBrake4Rainbows
12-22-2005, 02:57 AM
I have no problems with Youth in Asia. :p

Matra et Alpine
12-22-2005, 03:21 AM
GWB *DID* know the intelligence was questionable
GWB *DOES* know that suspects were being illegally interrogated
GWB *AUTHORISED* the illegal monitoring of American citizens under the protection of the fear and patriot act.

All were said to be lies by journalists when first announced ( and debated here )

Would be an interesting debate to cover that old ground again, but I suspect it would be exceptionally quiet on one side of the house !!!

Matra et Alpine
12-22-2005, 03:24 AM
And yet Americans still can't grasp why people in Iran etc aren't trying to overthrow their strange religious overlords, whilst the people in Iran etc are probably wondering the same of them...
nah they're too busy wondering whether they should switch to fundamentalist Hindu !!!
Iran isnt' allowed a nuclear facility, but India has over 80, only 5 of which are monitored. AND guess who provides them with the heavy water for their nucular(:)) program ??? So much for we dont want nuclear proliferation :(

IBrake4Rainbows
12-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Ah, but you see India is an Ally in the War on Terror; meaning it's not openly against the US.

Much like Pakistan is still hugely Muslim, but somehow treads the fine line between Islam and US Ally, possibly through the 'terrorist hunting' they do along their border with Afghanistan (they do share a border, right?)

welcome to the world of 'if we like you, do what you like'.

henk4
12-22-2005, 03:32 AM
I think Chavez might be a Catholic:)

kennyknoxville
12-22-2005, 04:06 AM
acura leather is made from the scrotums of angels

McReis
12-22-2005, 04:12 AM
I think Chavez might be a Catholic:)

Even so, I'm not sure that will be enough to book im a place in heaven.

nota
12-22-2005, 04:42 AM
I have no problems with Youth in Asia. :p
LOL, yeah I thought it was some sort of asian scout troop :D

Wouter Melissen
12-22-2005, 05:40 AM
Bush should have been stripped from office when he announced that he did what God/ Jesus told him to.

In reference to that a great song/lyric from Bright Eyes on the subject:

When the president talks to God
Are the conversations brief or long?
Does he ask to rape our women’s' rights
And send poor farm kids off to die?
Does God suggest an oil hike
When the president talks to God?

Are the consonants all hard or soft?
Is he resolute all down the line?
Is every issue black or white?
Does what God say ever change his mind

Does he fake that drawl or merely nod?
Agree which convicts should be killed?
Where prisons should be built and filled?
Which voter fraud must be concealed

I wonder which one plays the better cop
We should find some jobs. the ghetto's broke
No, they're lazy, George, I say we don't
Just give 'em more liquor stores and dirty coke
That's what God recommends

Do they drink near beer and go play golf
While they pick which countries to invade
Which Muslim souls still can be saved?
I guess god just calls a spade a spade

Does he ever think that maybe he's not?
That that voice is just inside his head
When he kneels next to the presidential bed
Does he ever smell his own bullshit

I doubt it

I doubt it

Coventrysucks
12-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Ah, but you see India is an Ally in the War on Terror; meaning it's not openly against the US.

Just like Good Friends to the USA Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein were allies in the War on Communism/ Iran.

Well, untill they became the USA's bitter enemies, and used the USA's technology and tactical training against them.

Still, America learned from its mistakes.

Didn't it?

henk4
12-22-2005, 09:24 AM
J
Still, America learned from its mistakes.

Didn't it?

absolutely spot on: they voted GWB as their president

Esperante
12-22-2005, 10:49 AM

Euthanasia should be allowed. If people have obviously stated to family/friends and left a written message, that if they get too sick to have any chance of leading a normal life, they may be put to death using special pills, under the supervision of a doctor and a witness.Euthanasia is already legal in the United States, so long it is confirmed beforehand via living will. The reason the Terry Schaivo case was so publicized was because there was no evidence of wht Terry wanted done to herself.

Kitdy
02-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Fleet and I were having a discussion about politics in general through PMs and it may be easier to argue here - you can save all you old PMs as a text file if you don't want to delete them - there is a function in the bottom right of your message boxes just under "Move to folder..."

Anyways, this is probably a good place to talk about the US Presedential election primaries which I have been following with some interest. Any thoughts? Favourite candidates? Predictions?

henk4
02-14-2008, 04:40 AM
When Ann Coulter is so desperate that the says she will vote for Hilary, things are really looking good for the rest of the world....

IBrake4Rainbows
02-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Bro's before Ho's.

Obama '08.

Of course it's very interesting that while the Democratic vote is split between a Politicians Wife and a Very intelligent but still unusual for American politics man of colour, The Republican vote falls very typically to a fat white man :p

/s**t stir.

roosterjuicer
02-14-2008, 11:20 AM
i dunno about this whole obama thing. as im sure you all can guess i am pretty much the anti-democrat but i would pull the lever for clinton over obama anyday. obama is a little too new on the scene for me. he's the new kid in town who doesn't seem to know much about anything other than how to stir a crowd and be very very very carismatic.

however, he doesn't have much of a record on much of anything wether it be in political life or his professional life.

Here's the big question for you...would anyone be voting for Obama if he wasn't black?

Rockefella
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Bro's before Ho's.

Obama '08.

Holla. I don't like Hillary. Not sure why, but I just don't trust her. On the other hand, I'm a fan of Obama's policies and stress on uniting the country towards change, even if some of those claims might be a bit outlandish.

McReis
02-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Here's the big question for you...would anyone be voting for Obama if he wasn't black?
Unfortunately, you may have a point there.
I honestly don't know him enough to judge his potential as a president. But I think that's exactly what's happening: a wave of excitment based on his skin color. But even if he wins because of that, there will be at least one good consequence: the next afro/chinese/latin/whatever candidate will be judged only based on his talent, because the novelty will be history. :)

Of all the present candidates, I prefer him to any of the others. But I haven't gone deep into their arguments or political agenda yet.

Rockefella
02-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately, you may have a point there.
I honestly don't know him enough to judge his potential as a president. But I think that's exactly what's happening: a wave of excitment based on his skin color. But even if he wins because of that, there will be at least one good consequence: the next afro/chinese/latin/whatever candidate will be judged only based on his talent, because the novelty will be history. :)

Of all the present candidates, I prefer him to any of the others. But I haven't gone deep into their arguments or political agenda yet.

In a way it may be the opposite. While there are some that could follow this new 'wave of excitement', racism is apparent throughout the globe, whether people would like it or not and the idea of an African-American candidate might not go by so well to the prejudiced group.

Edit: To give you an idea of what still goes on in this great nation, found this article (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2008/02/jewish_rep_cohen_battles_antis.html) on Digg.

MRR
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
christian fundamentalists, even worse than Muslims

Are you sure?

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/danish_cartoon_protest.jpg

I am a Ron Paul supporter even though he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being elected. Only candidate that really wants peace and prosperity.

kingofthering
02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Are you sure?

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/danish_cartoon_protest.jpg

I am a Ron Paul supporter even though he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being elected. Only candidate that really wants peace and prosperity.

2 words- Westborough Church. Those bastards literally go to funerals and bitch about how it was good said person died because of homosexuals and God's will.

Ironic, in a way. ;)

MRR
02-18-2008, 09:58 PM
2 words- Westborough Church. Those bastards literally go to funerals and bitch about how it was good said person died because of homosexuals and God's will.

Ironic, in a way. ;)

Yes those guys suck but they aren't killing anyone (or threatening to) and they are an extreme minority among Christians (1 church among millions).

IBrake4Rainbows
02-18-2008, 10:00 PM
You're failing to realise your actually arguing against yourself.

These elements of the Muslim community are extreme minorities who get airplay because it's easier and more entertaining to display them then moderate muslims appealing for calm.

MRR
02-19-2008, 08:20 AM
You're failing to realise your actually arguing against yourself.

These elements of the Muslim community are extreme minorities who get airplay because it's easier and more entertaining to display them then moderate muslims appealing for calm.

Extreme minorities who blow up trains in Madrid, Subways in London, skyscrapers in NY, a nightclub in Bali, put a $100,000 bounty on the head of a cartoonist, etc etc.

Matra et Alpine
02-19-2008, 08:37 AM
6 Christian terrorist organizations

6.1 Nagaland Rebels
6.2 Groups in Northern Ireland
6.3 Groups in the former Yugoslavia
6.3.1 Tsar Lazar Guard
6.3.2 White Eagles
6.4 Group in Poso, Indonesia
6.5 God's Army
6.6 Ku Klux Klan
6.7 The Lord's Resistance Army
6.8 National Liberation Front of Tripura
6.9 Freedomites
6.10 Christian Identity
6.11 Christian Patriots
6.12 Lambs of Christ
6.13 Army of God
6.14 Guardians of the Cedars
6.15 Lebanese Forces
6.16 Radical Christian Activists
6.17 Concerned Christians

Of course Fox News never reports on them :) :D :D :D

Wiki is your friendly informer

henk4
02-19-2008, 08:59 AM

6.1 Nagaland Rebels
6.3.1 Tsar Lazar Guard
6.3.2 White Eagles
6.5 God's Army
6.6 Ku Klux Klan
6.9 Freedomites
6.10 Christian Identity
6.11 Christian Patriots
6.12 Lambs of Christ
6.13 Army of God
6.15 Lebanese Forces

Halliburton???

roosterjuicer
02-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Hell yea RON PAUL!!!

Kitdy
02-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Who kills more these days?

nota
02-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Not the atheists

MRR
02-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Hell yea RON PAUL!!!

Nice to know I'm not the only one

Kitdy
02-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Hell yea RON PAUL!!!

Oh yeah, he has a real chance of winning.

He is way the hell out there, but some of his ideas are interesting to me.

Eliminating foreign US military bases, ending the war on drugs, net neutrality (I don't know much about that, but I think it's good), against the PATRIOT Act, ending affirmative action, against the death penalty, and a few others.

Then again, I am very against many of his other positions.

MRR
02-19-2008, 11:49 AM

6.1 Nagaland Rebels
6.3.1 Tsar Lazar Guard
6.3.2 White Eagles
6.5 God's Army
6.6 Ku Klux Klan
6.9 Freedomites
6.10 Christian Identity
6.11 Christian Patriots
6.12 Lambs of Christ
6.13 Army of God
6.15 Lebanese Forces

Of course since when have the KKK or any of these other groups killed anyone? The KKK has been driven into the closet and they don't do anything , the Northern Ireland groups are almost non-existent compared to only just a decade ago, and the others haven't participated in any major killings (except the LRA in Uganda). What is it about pointing out how violent many Muslims are that scares people (:rolleyes:)?

I don't use Fox News or any other mainstream media source for current events anyway (I will agree they are biased).

MRR
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah, he has a real chance of winning.

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil (at this point will be Obama and McCain). I don't accept that he is a bad candidate just because he can't realistically win at this point.

Matra et Alpine
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
What is it about pointing out how violent many Muslims are that scares people (:rolleyes:)?
That was THE point, but it still doesn't seem clear.
"many" Muslims are not violent !!
The media you are using is clearly only bothering to show you the ones that will get them ratings and a pat on the back from the government :(

It's not the violence that is scaring some of us it's the ignorance of the real world :(

dydzi
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Euthanasia and abortion in "our" area of the world (Europe/North America) should not be decided upon by some religious wackos (christian fundamentalists, even worse than Muslims)

europe should not be ruled by liberal wackos who close eyes on last 2000 years of history.

and i dislike people who despise all war conflicts

henk4
02-19-2008, 01:25 PM
europe should not be ruled by liberal wackos who close eyes on last 2000 years of history.

I think it was the liberal wackos who finally had an open eye for history.....

Wouter Melissen
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM

You mean the Spanish Inquisition, the random murder of heretics, the oppression of scientist, etc etc etc. It always amazes me that people think their private believes can have any effect on the lives of other people who do not even share that belief. If a woman wants to have an abortion, it should be her decision and not that of some cleric who basis his ideas on a set of books that are over 2000 years old.

dydzi
02-19-2008, 02:21 PM
You mean the Spanish Inquisition, the random murder of heretics, the oppression of scientist, etc etc etc. It always amazes me that people think their private believes can have any effect on the lives of other people who do not even share that belief. If a woman wants to have an abortion, it should be her decision and not that of some cleric who basis his ideas on a set of books that are over 2000 years old.

i partly agree, but at the same time know and feel that much of the action is offensing for majority

Wouter Melissen
02-20-2008, 12:10 AM
i partly agree, but at the same time know and feel that much of the action is offensing for majority

That really is their problem then. If people would not be so easily offended, the world would be a much better place.