PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 vs. PS3 ... now with specs (non-poll)

car_fiend
12-22-2005, 08:25 AM
specs for PS3, go here, http://hardware.gamespot.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-15015-S-4-4

specs for xbox 360, go here, http://hardware.gamespot.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-15016-S-4-4

i couldn't copy and paste onto here, its was getting too clustered when i previewed it:( .
please don't flame me for bringing up an old thread, where as this one i've done for people to see the specs.

Street_Dreamer
12-22-2005, 08:36 AM
i want a PS3 REALLY badly! but i bought a PSP coz my mum always takes my PS2 away from me... i only want it for GT5! which has been previewed, and looks amazing! does anyone know if/when GT5 is coming out on PSP? because i know that its out on PS3 in 07, but GT4 is out for PSP in March :(

Cotterik
12-22-2005, 08:37 AM
thanks, theres hardly anything to tell them apart. But due to the games lined up for the ps3 next year compared to the 360's, I'll be sure to go for sony. Just something about it theres more hype somehow, because we have to wait longer.

NuclearCrap
12-22-2005, 09:40 AM
How can this ever be stopped...............................

RazaBlade
12-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Sony have more than corrected the old problem with controllers, the current Playstations always needed that really expensive multitap, so PS wasnt the choice for multi-gamers... but now... 7!!! And the Xbox is still 'stuck' on 4.... I really like the idea of them being wireless, i know you can get them for the current consoles but I was always a bit behind!!

Really looking forward to the PS3, roll on '07 for GT5!!

NuclearCrap
12-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Sony have more than corrected the old problem with controllers, the current Playstations always needed that really expensive multitap, so PS wasnt the choice for multi-gamers... but now... 7!!! And the Xbox is still 'stuck' on 4.... I really like the idea of them being wireless, i know you can get them for the current consoles but I was always a bit behind!!

Really looking forward to the PS3, roll on '07 for GT5!!

Agree, not only are they wireless, they're using Bluetooth, which I assume I can use my K750i as a remote control just like on this PC. :)

werty
12-22-2005, 10:32 AM
even with a 60 inch widescreen plasma, 7 people on one screen would SUCK! So I really dont see the point of having more than 4.

On another note PS3 will have slightly better graphics, but with 52BG capacity on blue ray disc they will be way more able to put in more game content as well as some streching room so they dont have to sqeeze in great graphics.

For example Gears of War for 360 is going to be on 4 DVD's according to ign.

and....repost

RazaBlade
12-22-2005, 10:55 AM
...For example Gears of War for 360 is going to be on 4 DVD's according to ign.....

Oh dear, thats it a huge kick in the nuts for Xbox users... I remember I got a bit miffed when gt2 i think came on 2 cds, one arcade one gt mode. But having 4 is a lot more intrusive...

About the bluetooth controllers, I really like the idea of going round to someones house with my controller, walking in and automatically being connected to gameplay.

Also, whats with the 6 USB slots on the PS3!?!? Are there that many things you could put on at once??

RacingManiac
12-22-2005, 11:14 AM
6 DFP? lol

If PS3 will still support DFP then I might just take the plunge when GT5 comes out...I used to have the urge of buying PS2 for GT4 but I got over that as I don't think its wise....I'll stick my DFP on PC for now...

Roy Visser
12-22-2005, 11:36 AM
6 DFP? lol

If PS3 will still support DFP then I might just take the plunge when GT5 comes out...I used to have the urge of buying PS2 for GT4 but I got over that as I don't think its wise....I'll stick my DFP on PC for now...

if ps2 prices drop, you still might want to consider it though, the DFP shows its true potential with GT4!

RacingManiac
12-22-2005, 11:53 AM
PS2 now is dirt cheap....Lowest I've seen is 130 CAD(~90 USD?) for the new, slim unit. But to buy that now is like buying Super NES when Playstation is around the corner...and I am not that big on console games in general...

werty
12-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh dear, thats it a huge kick in the nuts for Xbox users... I remember I got a bit miffed when gt2 i think came on 2 cds, one arcade one gt mode. But having 4 is a lot more intrusive...

About the bluetooth controllers, I really like the idea of going round to someones house with my controller, walking in and automatically being connected to gameplay.

Also, whats with the 6 USB slots on the PS3!?!? Are there that many things you could put on at once??
the other problem with this difference in disc space is for games like GTA or NFS, where it has open ended worlds...those arent gonna work with multiple disc's, so sony can have it on one disc with superb graphics while 360 has it on 2-4 with semi-good graphics

I'm not saying 360 is bad, Microsoft is supoosedly scrmbling to find a way to cram more info onto a dvd, and I even have a 360, and i love it! But we will see when PS3 comes out.:)

Rockefella
12-22-2005, 04:22 PM
the other problem with this difference in disc space is for games like GTA or NFS, where it has open ended worlds...those arent gonna work with multiple disc's, so sony can have it on one disc with superb graphics while 360 has it on 2-4 with semi-good graphics

I'm not saying 360 is bad, Microsoft is supoosedly scrmbling to find a way to cram more info onto a dvd, and I even have a 360, and i love it! But we will see when PS3 comes out.:)
Agreed, but Sony always hypes all of their products, and will fall much shorter than the specs they claim now. It'll be 5% better than the 360.

werty
12-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Agreed, but Sony always hypes all of their products, and will fall much shorter than the specs they claim now. It'll be 5% better than the 360.
I think too much is at stake for this next generation of console's to not deliver what they say they will. So i beleive that the specs you see now are for real.

Rockefella
12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
I think too much is at stake for this next generation of console's to not deliver what they say they will. So i beleive that the specs you see now are for real.
Sony doesn't care. What they're doing now is probably their goal, for internet nerds like us to scan the specs and go, 0mG, t3h pS3 is 1337 h4x0r > x-b0x36o. L00k at deh spekz! I'm sure most of the specs will match, but running a 120 fps rate over 60 fps probably would make little to no difference.

It's like in cars, most average car buyers will think.. this car has 250 hp/240 tq, and the other has 190hp/190tq, so they'll buy the first. What they never took in mind was that the second car is half as heavy as the first, cheaper, and has better overall performance.

With stuff like this, it just comes down to the numbers, while performance can't 'necessarily' be graphed on a spec sheet.

NuclearCrap
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
I'll stick my DFP on PC for now...

Good luck, that's how my DFP got killed. :( I switched to MOMO now. :)

werty
12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
With stuff like this, it just comes down to the numbers, while performance can't 'necessarily' be graphed on a spec sheet.
I totally agree with you, but I do know this.

Even if PS3 graphic's are exactly the same as 360, the PS3 will be using blue ray disc which can hold 52 gig's maxed out. That is a huge advantage over the 8 gig's for 360, The amount of game content and more/quailty graphic's, rather than tightly sqeezed dvd's on the 360, is going to be a huge factor.

Rockefella
12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
I totally agree with you, but I do know this.

Even if PS3 graphic's are exactly the same as 360, the PS3 will be using blue ray disc which can hold 52 gig's maxed out. That is a huge advantage over the 8 gig's for 360, The amount of game content and more/quailty graphic's, rather than tightly sqeezed dvd's on the 360, is going to be a huge factor.
Agreed, but by the time the PS3 will come out, the Microsoft crew will find a way to use larger disks, probably in the 24 gig range.

Matra et Alpine
12-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Funny that was what was said abotu the PS2 :)

Some folks ( Sony and others ) dont' seem to learn :(

werty
12-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Funny that was what was said abotu the PS2 :)

Some folks ( Sony and others ) dont' seem to learn :(
Until it comes out, none of us can say anything

NuclearCrap
12-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Until it comes out, none of us can say anything

And that's why I quitted debating about it. People who start threads like this really don't have the patience to wait til the launch.

car_fiend
12-22-2005, 10:27 PM
And that's why I quitted debating about it. People who start threads like this really don't have the patience to wait til the launch.

actually i do have the patience to wait till the launch, i just wanted to get some specs on the floor for what to be expectant of, not to compare that which exists to that which is still in conceptual form.

Zytek_Fan
12-22-2005, 10:50 PM
I am getting XBox 360 :D

RacingManiac
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Good luck, that's how my DFP got killed. :( I switched to MOMO now. :)

How that happen?

RacingManiac
12-22-2005, 10:58 PM

Which is why PS2 was a hit, and Xbox is still losing money...despite it being superior spec...

Sony still has far more games than Xbox....and that ain't changing for PS3, just now that Sony also has the superior system too...

Street_Dreamer
12-24-2005, 07:33 AM
does anyone know if Gran Turismo 5 will come out on PSP within 6 months of the PS3 version? because i got a PSP INSTEAD of a PS3. if not, i might just ask my brother to buy a PS3... but i'll never get to play it coz he'll be at uni...? all i know is GT4 Mobile is coming out in around March... but knowing Polyphony Digital it won't be out until Vision GT5 will come out on PS3

werty
12-24-2005, 09:49 AM
they haven't even said there will be gt5 on PSP;)

The_Canuck
12-24-2005, 12:09 PM
7 controllers will be sweet for sports games like NHL 2k7 or whatever. would be awsome for strategy war games two.

Street_Dreamer
12-25-2005, 05:40 AM
they haven't even said there will be gt5 on PSP;)
:( but i can't get a PS3 :mad: i think i'm gonna cry! lol! i might just buy a PS3 anyway, i'll convince someone to buy me one... my mum won't let me but oh well :D
EDIT: if i save up, i can get a PS3 in 2007 (when GT5 comes out!) GET IN THERE

adrenaline
12-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Agreed, but by the time the PS3 will come out, the Microsoft crew will find a way to use larger disks, probably in the 24 gig range.

Not going to happen microsoft would need to modify the drive, and all they have is HD-DVD, by toshiba, because microsoft is against blue ray. Modifying the drive would mean that the games on the market would change, so people with Xbox360s with normal drives wont be able to play all the new games, it would be a disaster. PS3 has the advantage. And I heard that the Blue ray can reach way above the fifty something gig mentioned maxed out.....