PDA

View Full Version : Cross Fire

kinan.f
04-30-2003, 04:33 AM
Chrysler’s new sport coupe attracted attention with its stylish lines.Some touches were from Stuttgart’s Mercedes such as V6 3.2 littres engine with 215 BHP guaranteeing good performance for this hot coupe.
18” wheels in the front & 19” wheels in the rear classifies this car in the SPORTY section but the weird thing is its soft suspension & comfort seats which makes it a bit more suitable for cruising around with comfort.
The interior is just fascinating….
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1176-1.jpg
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1176-5.jpg
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1176-4.jpg

kennyknoxville
04-30-2003, 11:05 AM
im familiar with the engine, i used to drive an slk 230. its very nice. looks? its ghastly. i wouldnt be caught bleeding to death in one that was headed to an emergency room. if the "stylish lines" dont turn you off you should be aware celine dion endorses it.

motorhead
04-30-2003, 11:26 PM
interior looks good - finally in a crystler

ozexige
05-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah right Kenny, you're all of 6y.o. maybe? The Crossfire will be a classic - I own classics - the only thing it needs is 50% more horsepower. Give up your dream of being an critic' of classic cars (any cars) and go back to your day job. Love and best wishes, Oz-Exige.

Scientist
05-14-2003, 12:43 AM
This is jus an SLK 230 with another body! Look at the interior, it's almost exactly the same!

crisis
05-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Sorry ozexige, kennys right. The front looks good but the ass end looks like...... an ass end. The Viper is your classic Chrysler.

ozexige
05-21-2003, 07:55 PM
You're right! :o
I was over-taken by the media hype of a release date in Australia of 'late 2003'. I always get excited about new releases and then reality sets in and I wonder what all the fuss was about. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST!
The expected release of the Viper was exciting untill they told us it would have a base price of $AU256K:rolleyes:

motorhead
05-23-2003, 02:20 AM
car looks like a stripped out squezed to death demented audi TT which is about to possese pedestrians and drivers without any difficulty - actually all that equates to something that looks BAD. interior nothing great and for heaven sakes, make your own engine. i hate car companies who "steal" other engines like the Mclaren f1(BOOOO)

crisis
05-26-2003, 06:25 PM
Get used to companies "stealing " engines. When GM, Chrysler, Ford and BMW finally own all of the car companies in the world Your Nissans, Toyotas, SAABS, Rollers, Renault, ets etc will all share motors fron very few sources.

Egg Nog
05-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by crisis
Get used to companies "stealing " engines. When GM, Chrysler, Ford and BMW finally own all of the car companies in the world Your Nissans, Toyotas, SAABS, Rollers, Renault, ets etc will all share motors fron very few sources.

In fact, GM already owns Saab and BMW already owns Rolls Royce...

To a certain extent, I don't really see anything wrong with it. As long as Aston Martin doesn't start using an identical engine to ford, or Mercedes gets any Chysler engines :)

crisis
05-26-2003, 11:49 PM
That was my point. GM motors in SAABs and Daewoos etc. Badge engineering has been going on for ages and unfortunately it will mean that for mass market cars like most of us drive, we will see a range of cars not only sharing a few motors, but also a few platforms. Platforms are being designed to suit a range of different vehicles ( Nissan 350Z and the new Maxima sedan, GM Vectra and the new SAAB ) and motors like the new GM V6 being built in Canada and soon Australia being designed to be configured in different ways. Dats progress.... I think?

motormaniac
05-30-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Scientist
This is jus an SLK 230 with another body! Look at the interior, it's almost exactly the same!

yeah and that's damn obvious

motormaniac
05-30-2003, 08:59 PM
it fact the chassis is the slk's

motorhead
06-01-2003, 02:39 AM
its an slk in a different body shell - you got it right this time

motormaniac
06-02-2003, 04:20 AM
wat is chrylser trying to do? car companies nowadays are copying one another design, for example chevy ss is obviously copied from the rx8, rubbish

motorhead
06-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by motormaniac
wat is chrylser trying to do? car companies nowadays are copying one another design, for example chevy ss is obviously copied from the rx8, rubbish
you cannot really say the SS copies the rx8 because firstly one is a pick up cabrio and the other is a sportscar and i do not see design cues that are the same in both and the platforms are obviously different - whats your reasoning

motormaniac
06-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
you cannot really say the SS copies the rx8 because firstly one is a pick up cabrio and the other is a sportscar and i do not see design cues that are the same in both and the platforms are obviously different - whats your reasoning

erm, they both share the same platform

take a look at these pictures, and tell me if they are similar or not

motormaniac
06-08-2003, 05:18 AM
sorry, can't load the picture;

visit this site, and u'll noe what i mean

http://www.motortrend.com/future/concepts/112_0303_fut_ss/

motorhead
06-08-2003, 06:52 AM
sorry, can't load the picture;

visit this site, and u'll noe what i mean

http://www.motortrend.com/future/concepts/112_0303_fut_ss/
erm do you know what platform is - its like the chassis, the engine all the technical stuff of the car that is platform

motormaniac
06-09-2003, 04:36 AM
erm do you know what platform is - its like the chassis, the engine all the technical stuff of the car that is platform

ok, i'll modify my statment

they share the same chassis

motorhead
06-09-2003, 06:46 AM
ok, i'll modify my statment

they share the same chassis
why would chevy want to use a mazda chassis and why would mazda want to use a chevy chassis youre getting it all wrong

motormaniac
06-11-2003, 04:18 AM
why would chevy want to use a mazda chassis and why would mazda want to use a chevy chassis youre getting it all wrong

well if u read the magazine, motortrend u will noe

motorhead
06-12-2003, 10:29 AM
well if u read the magazine, motortrend u will noe you sure about that

motormaniac
06-13-2003, 01:51 AM
you sure about that

VERY VERY SURE

go to motortrend.com if ya want more proof

motorhead
06-13-2003, 09:46 AM
VERY VERY SURE

go to motortrend.com if ya want more proof erm strange

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 07:05 AM
erm strange

erm y

companies r now sharing platforms to save time and money that goes into developing these cars

makes sense actually

motorhead
06-18-2003, 08:21 AM
you know why strange - mazda is under ford and chevrolet is under GM - so

jadotch
07-09-2003, 11:20 AM
very strange, GM has never used a Mazda platform before, like a 1/3rd of Mazda is owned by Ford. The have used toyotas in the past, and I see that is where they would get thier platforms from (The Prism is a Toyota, and I believe the Vibe is.)