PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 Qualifying

bige321786
02-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Could somebody explain to me how qualifying will be run this year in Formula 1. I read that they made a change or something but it never really detailed to me what change. I've been to offical f1.com site and couldn't find any information either. If somebody would be so kinda as to just detail for me how qualifying will be run and what and how they will decide the lineup for the weekend's race.
Thank you very much.

Homem de Gelo
02-25-2004, 09:43 PM
I don't get it too...
Maybe we'll just have to wait for Melbourne...

Ferrari Tifosi
02-26-2004, 05:42 AM
From my understanding, qualifying is basically the same as last year. But what was the Friday qualifying session, is now just practice, and on saturday the one round of qualifying will be held. Each driver getting one flying lap.

DasModell
02-26-2004, 06:35 AM
qualifying will have two sessions separated by 10 minutes .. in the first run they will start in the order of the championship classification(for Australia it will be 2003 championship standings) .. and in the second run they will start in the reversed order of the times set in the first run .. after that the cars wil enter parc ferme

Dino Scuderia
02-26-2004, 08:47 AM
It still isn't any good because if you are down the list and it starts raining you are screwed!

This kind of incedent nearly ruined the c'ship at the end of last season.

DasModell
02-26-2004, 09:15 AM
yeah .. qulifying nowdays is a lottery .. :)

fpv_gtho
03-03-2004, 04:20 AM
It still isn't any good because if you are down the list and it starts raining you are screwed!

This kind of incedent nearly ruined the c'ship at the end of last season.

i havent really payed much attention to the formula one until recently, but here for the V8 Supercars theyve got like 2 practise sessions then 2 qualifying sessions, one for the upper 50% of the field and the other of course for the lower half, then the top 10 qualifiers go into a shootout from 10th to 1st qualifier to do a warm up lap then a flyer and see who gets the best times. thats how all the rounds work and when the weather interupts the shootout, the starting grid gets set from the qualifying times.

Falcon500
03-04-2004, 03:56 AM
when the weather interupts the shootout, the starting grid gets set from the qualifying times.
That is also all relative to how bad the conditions are and when this bad weather starts....it is still a littlebit ofa grey area that needs fine tuneing.

fpv_gtho
03-04-2004, 03:59 AM
i suppose your talking about when the oil slick slowed down the upper 50% qualifying and got Mark Noske into the shootout