PDA

View Full Version : Button backs Honda's recipe for success

Zytek_Fan
12-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Jenson Button believes he has the recipe for success next year - not making mistakes.

New rules in Formula One have brought in smaller engines, with 2.4-litre V8s replacing the three-litre V10 units, and Button believes that will cause a problem for some of his rivals.

The new engines have less torque than their predecessors and Button expects that to cause some exciting racing.

He said: "It's a completely new engine for everyone. We are only three seconds off the V10 so it's not that slow."

"It definitely feels a lot different, when you really notice it is when you make a mistake. Because the torque isn't there you can't pull yourself out of a situation and that is going to hurt some people who aren't consistent and that's a good thing."

"It sounds like it will be easier to drive but I don't think it will be because they are difficult engines. If someone makes a mistake in front of you it will be better for overtaking."

"It's a different way of driving, it's very important to be smooth with the car. Hopefully it will help me, we'll see."

The 25-year-old is hoping for an improvement on BAR's disappointing 2005 campaign.

Now racing under the Honda banner, Button has high hopes of better next year, claiming the fundamental aerodynamic problem which afflicted him at most tracks last season is well on the way to being cured.

"With quite a few of the issues we have realised where they came from," he said.

"That was one of the reasons why we tested the old car in December and did a lot of aerodynamic comparisons. It will be really helpful for the 2006 car."

"Aerodynamically we will be a lot stronger than we were last year, the downforce is just going to keep coming."

carsnut
12-27-2005, 11:00 AM
we'll see. I still support MSC to win since it was bridgestone that led Ferrari to a disappointing 2005 season