PDA

View Full Version : What tracks/raceways/circuits have you been to?

fpv_gtho
02-25-2004, 02:35 AM
How many people out there have been out to their local racing track or anything? I personally haven't gone much, just been up to Bathurst around Mt Panorama a couple of times (for those who dont know whenever the 1000km race for the ATCC and teh 24hr race for PROCAR arent on, its a normal public road) and ive been to Eastern Creek Raceway to the dragstrip once, but Bathurst is 1 and a half hours drive from where i am compared to the 10 or 15 minutes drive to Eastern Creek, and ive also got Oran Park about half an hour away so im almost in the centre of motorsport in Sydney.

So what are everyone elses experiences?

Wouter Melissen
02-25-2004, 02:40 AM
Le Mans
Silverstone
Donnington
Goodwood
Zandvoort
Assen
Spa Francorchamps
Zolder
Hockenheimring
Nurburgring
Dijon-Prenois
Fiarano
Elkhart Lake

Matra et Alpine
02-25-2004, 07:36 AM
How many people out there have been out to their local racing track or anything? I personally haven't gone much, just been up to Bathurst around Mt Panorama a couple of times
Bathhurst - ( makes drooling Homer noises ) - I would love to visit that track :)
Scotland
Knockhill
Crail
Kaimes
Doune (hillclimb)
England
Brands Hatch
Silverstone
Donnington
Oulton
Croft
3 Sisters
Isle of Man
Jurby
TT

Mainly the fun tracks, hoping to have some time free to take the A610 out to some of the European circuits now offering track days :)

How easy is it to get tickets and viewing at Bathurst ?
How often is it used beyond the 1000 ???
Is it a track best seen on TV - I gues there's not a lot of viewing on the mountain ??
Business is picking up in the antipodes and if I've a choice, I'd come during race season :)

Dino Scuderia
02-25-2004, 01:39 PM
The nearest track to me is Road Atlanta so I have been there several times.

I went to the US GP at Indy in 2000 and 2001.

There is a new road course in Birmingham Alabama I plan to attend races there this year.

Ferrari Tifosi
02-26-2004, 05:46 AM
Road Atlanta
Belle Island Curcuit (Where CART's Detroit Gran Prix was held)
Indianapolis
Michigan Speedway

byronleehk
02-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Macau..The Macau GP.

Also the Long Beach GP (for CARTs)...actually I was just passing by, not watching it. :(

NAZCA C2
02-26-2004, 11:49 AM
I went to Mid-Ohio raceway and Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland Ohio to see CART races. Too bad CART isn't around anymore because seeing CART races in person is great.

Deckard
02-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Bathurst for the 1000 (but it's not really my thing). Other than that to Adelaide when the GP was on and to Monza for the GP also.