PDA

View Full Version : Gt5

Merrill
12-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know when it will come out and what cars are in it…

denisvn93
12-31-2005, 09:49 PM
It will come out in late 2006 and there will be more cars with complex crashes

denisvn93
12-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Search it on www.gamespot.com
Called "Vision Gran Turismo"

F1_Master
12-31-2005, 10:43 PM
You may hear 2006, but it's most likely 2007 since we all know PD's going to make one delay.

No one's for sure. So far, the newest cars to the GT series in GT5 is the Evo 9, and the Audi R8 GT4 paint scheme.

Its also more likely PD will follow the GT route by down grading the number of cars from GT4 (as GT3 did from GT2) to experiment on the new console.

All of us at GTPlanet are keeping updated as much as possible.

NuclearCrap
12-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Ok the title of the thread is about the game, so why start this console battle again with a poll.............

Zytek_Fan
01-01-2006, 12:18 AM
The game is actually called Vision Gran Turismo and the expected release date is late 2006 or early 2007. I hope it will have LMP1 LMP2, GT1, and GT2 cars :D

denisvn93
01-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Nah..just hopes for Lambos and Ferarris in the game....

Zytek_Fan
01-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Nah..just hopes for Lambos and Ferarris in the game....
Polyphony probably still won't pay what Ferrari wants for the licence. Polyphony could use Lamborghini if they want because they are licenced with Volkswagen AG and Volkswagen AG owns Lamborghini

F1_Master
01-01-2006, 12:27 AM
No it's not Zytek.

Kazunori Yamauchi announced that the next Gran Turismo game will be called Gran Turismo 5.

Vision Gran Turismo was the name of the earliest "GT5" videos b/c it was Mr. Yamauchi's vision of GT5 to the fans.

And being one company's owner doesn't mean you get their ownings.
They have to get a Lamborghini license. It will have hardly anything to do with VAG.

Zytek_Fan
01-01-2006, 12:36 AM
No it's not Zytek.

Kazunori Yamauchi announced that the next Gran Turismo game will be called Gran Turismo 5.

Vision Gran Turismo was the name of the earliest "GT5" videos b/c it was Mr. Yamauchi's vision of GT5 to the fans.

And being one company's owner doesn't mean you get their ownings.
They have to get a Lamborghini license. It will have hardly anything to do with VAG.
All righty then. I still think Polyphony is going to have some issues with Ferrari

car_fiend
01-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Ok the title of the thread is about the game, so why start this console battle again with a poll.............

i agree with that. the discussion was going on about the game, for PS3, so why is there a poll dedicated to console wars.

F1_Master
01-01-2006, 02:16 AM
All righty then. I still think Polyphony is going to have some issues with Ferrari
Of course.

KY reported that after EA lost its license, Ferrari wanted so much money for just 4 cars. PD realized this would mean another delay and did want to take the chance at losing any customers or spending the money Ferrari wanted.

This was for GT4 though, and Kazunori announced months later after the release.

NuclearCrap
01-01-2006, 02:28 AM
Of course.

KY reported that after EA lost its license, Ferrari wanted so much money for just 4 cars. PD realized this would mean another delay and did want to take the chance at losing any customers or spending the money Ferrari wanted.

This was for GT4 though, and Kazunori announced months later after the release.

Hmmm so do you think PD would get the licenses they didn't get? That would be great. I also think that they should place real F1's in the game.

F1_Master
01-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Hmmm so do you think PD would get the licenses they didn't get? That would be great. I also think that they should place real F1's in the game.
The F1s were something PD was just experimenting with. They're based on Japanese F1 cars, though I don't think it'd be hard to get the licenses considering Sony does own the F1 game rights, correct?:confused:

denisvn93
01-01-2006, 04:38 AM
OK,this thread it's hot!
F1_Master,what cars do you wish it will appear in GT5?

NuclearCrap
01-01-2006, 05:02 AM
The F1s were something PD was just experimenting with. They're based on Japanese F1 cars, though I don't think it'd be hard to get the licenses considering Sony does own the F1 game rights, correct?:confused:

Ohhhh now you reminded me of that F1 game, I don't think they're gonna put real F1 cars in the game since they don't wanna lower the number of the F1 game buyers. GT4 was pretty perfect, all they need is improved graphics and car damage, and maybe changeable environment too, like weather and time.

RazaBlade
01-01-2006, 05:31 AM
... and maybe changeable environment too, like weather and time.

Amen to that brother...

Also,
- more than six cars (maybe not all races, but certainly for endurance)
- better A-Spec point system (point allocation before the race, and/or rewards)
- a bit greedy but more tracks!

Street_Dreamer
01-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Amen to that brother...

Also,
the first one's definately happening if you've seen screenshots...

RazaBlade
01-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Yeh I saw that trailer, there were loads!! That would be such a fun race....

denisvn93
01-01-2006, 10:04 AM
It more realistic than GT4!

Biggie
01-01-2006, 10:43 AM
i cant wait until GT comes out for PSP

F1_Master
01-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Amen to that brother...

Also,

How does 21 cars work for ya?;)

RazaBlade
01-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Hell yes to that!

F1_Master
01-01-2006, 11:31 AM
As of now, we're positive PhotoMode is back (duh), and that El Capitan and the Motegi Speedway will still be there.

I haven't seen the original videos in a long time, so I'll have to watch them again to see if I missed anything.

Anyways, KY announced that more light will be brought on GT5 during E3 2006.

kingofthering
01-01-2006, 04:06 PM
they should add realistic damage and more cars so I can achieve my sick dream of wrecking a Suzuki Escudo or a Mercedes Benz 190E or a Ford GT at the Nurburgring someday.

F1_Master
01-01-2006, 04:10 PM
they should add realistic damage and more cars so I can achieve my sick dream of wrecking a Suzuki Escudo or a Mercedes Benz 190E or a Ford GT at the Nurburgring someday.
Yamauchi announced damage will be a big part of GT5, and that he and his team are working on it as one of the main objectives.

Vindesh17
01-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Can't wait to see how the damage actually looks and it better affect the performance of the cars.

sleekeywoowoo
01-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I want my venturis and vectors back. And more brand names. and possibly differnet colours fo rZondas than silver. OH OH, and 24hr races whereit can rain or whatever and the sun goes up and down accordingly

Zytek_Fan
01-01-2006, 07:26 PM
I want my venturis and vectors back. And more brand names. and possibly differnet colours fo rZondas than silver. OH OH, and 24hr races whereit can rain or whatever and the sun goes up and down accordingly
A full field at 24 Hours of Le Mans on GT5 would be nice. And maybe a lot more race cars

Radoman
01-02-2006, 06:08 AM
Oooohh oohh oooooh! I've got some big ones!

-more cars, with a better selection. They NEED to include all the big 'uns, such as Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Koeniggsegg etc. Yes, they do have Ruf but that just isn't the same. It's still missing the Boxter/Cayman, 944, 928, 917, 959, Carrera GT and GT1, along with all the various generations and types of 911.

Liscences? Please. Knowing how big the franchise is and how wanted those liscences are, Polyphony and Sony should just pony up and give us our sweet cars.

-Damage, tire physics, and a realistic in-car view. When I overshoot a corner and fly into the wall, I want the front end to crumple in and the engine to cut, and a quick restart option show up on the screen. I want to see that Corvette I pushed off the road to show off it's scars and have trouble with a wheel balancing problem. I want to see my race car seperate into many pieces in spectacular fashion when I plough it off a cliff.

I also wish there was either a clutch button that would let us either rip the clutch to threads and burn the tires out, thusly creating so much smoke that it fills the screen until the tires literally burst, or gently let it out for smooth getaways of our own nature, not just the computers' preset burnout-phobia it shows whenever you want to take it to gymkhana and light-em up.

And I wish I could see what I was doing in relation to the car, like in real life. I want to be the driver, not a camera on the bumper. I also want a more realistic sense of speed, 150 KPH feels pretty fast realistically. It shouldn't feel like I'm doing 60.

More than 6 cars on the track at once... but that's been fixed apparently.

-More enjoyable rally racing! For gods sake, you can still make it fun and exciting AND realistic at the same time without making it require millions of hours to master and enjoy! It's just too difficult and too slow. And, enough with the short courses, let's see some longer laried tracks in all conditions.

Well, actually, the rallying complaints I have are more for those damned snow races. You have a problem when Sega Rally 2 is way better than your GT at delivering a fun rally experience.

-Better custimization options. I want to widen the stance, not just lower it. I also want to put bigger or wider wheels and tires. I want to give it my own paint job, so I can give it a more suitable colour, or unleash your creativity, if so desired. I wouldn't mind more options for wheels, maybe more classic designs rather than modern and ricey, although the wide selection of BBS wheels help matters. Maybe a large selection of Factory options, too.

Really, lots of stuff like that. And that selection of wings is terrible! They should include perhaps more tasteful spoilers and subtle parts like that. I'm not much for ricing cars out, but including those options will satisfy the ricer boys without having to offend those of us whom don't like that crap (by having the choice of completely avoiding it). tasteful customization such as removing or changing positions of parts (The japanese version of many cars where the side mirrors are way forward on top of the fenders? Blech.)

Also, it should be a bit easier to get a hold of cars you like. The Audi Coupe Quattro is not worth 90 grand, people! And, why is the used lot full of cars I don't want? I want something other than the garden variety of japanese cars, the european stuff is too rare! Nay, the cars you want from anywhere is too rare! And you'd think a huge selection of japanese cars would yield the 510, and a few key Mazda's! There's no 1st gen RX-7.. for shame.

How many times have I made these kinds of GT wish-list posts? Who knows and who the hell cares, It's 5:12 in the morning! Goodnight.

Street_Dreamer
01-02-2006, 09:43 AM
i hear ALL of that man!

RazaBlade
01-02-2006, 11:38 AM
...You have a problem when Sega Rally 2 is way better than your GT at delivering a fun rally experience...

Its a bit harsh to compare a fully dedicated rally game against GT4. Its only in its 2nd gen of rallying really (GT3 had some).

But agree with most of other stuff.

denisvn93
01-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Wish that more tracks will included...

SolidStradale
01-03-2006, 11:24 PM
So who voted for the crap box?

Cyco
01-04-2006, 12:39 AM
I'd like more tracks. Spa (preferably the old long one), Brands Hatch, Bathurst, Kyalimi (with the assoisated turbo lag), the old Bruno track and some or the other real world tracks.

I'd like Noble, Koenigsegg and a Ford Transit :p If Sony, EA, and PD refuse to pay the licence fees Ferrari and the like currently want then the will drop their price which the game developers would like.

h00t_h00t
01-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Its also more likely PD will follow the GT route by down grading the number of cars from GT4 (as GT3 did from GT2) to experiment on the new console.

If thats true, are they also increasing the number of skylines again?

I want them to put in something different thats there just to break up circuit racing, autocross or a mountain road test track that makes the Nurburgring look like a go kart track.

F1_Master
01-04-2006, 06:46 PM
If thats true, are they also increasing the number of skylines again?

I want them to put in something different thats there just to break up circuit racing, autocross or a mountain road test track that makes the Nurburgring look like a go kart track.
It's most likely the Japanese dealers will be the ones to loose cars than the European and American companies, but there's also a chance a few companies could be lost such as Venturi, Vector, and others when they went to GT3.

NuclearCrap
01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
I don't think there'll be a problem in getting Bugatti's license, since it's under VW like Audi, although they might ask for millions to gain back the money they lost on the Veyrons...........

Radoman
01-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Its a bit harsh to compare a fully dedicated rally game against GT4. Its only in its 2nd gen of rallying really (GT3 had some).

But agree with most of other stuff.

No, it's not harsh. Sega Rally 2 was released back in '98 and is complete arcade-thrill fare.

Gran Turismo has had rally cars and racing since GT2, technically this is the third game to feature it. And it's worse than GT3's. Although this is the first game with snow and ice, it's still inexcusable of how unfun and kinda overlooked it is.