PDA

View Full Version : LA Auto Show Design Challenge - Hyundai Gator

6'bore
01-02-2006, 02:37 PM
What happens when drag racing moves beyond internal combustion and nitrous oxide? The Hyundai Greenspeed Gator, which pushes the boundaries of design and fuel cell performance. Inspired by the top fuel racers of the ‘60s, this alien shape is rooted in pure function. The overall design consists of a main fuselage with integrated roll protection and “seat sling” that hangs underneath, tied together by a center spine chassis with integral fuel cells. The giant hood blisters house the hydrogen storage tanks, and the rear wheels house gargantuan electric motors.

Vindesh17
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I love the wheels/rims on this thing

carsnut
01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
my only complaints are the flip up door thing, the weird looking glass(probably is there to improve aerodynamics), and the wheels are killer but for a dragster the rear tyres need to be MUCH thicker that that

NuclearCrap
01-02-2006, 08:11 PM
.......and the wheels are killer but for a dragster the rear tyres need to be MUCH thicker that that

If you say that to Hyundai, they would probably claim it has some gravity control device to keep it on the ground. :D

denisvn93
01-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Where did you get all these cars,6'bore?
A website would be great

Vaigra
01-03-2006, 03:08 AM
where have YOU been? :p
I've had these images over a month now, just never got round to posting them :) I'll see what else I have that you might not have posted in any of the threads when I get home.

6'bore
01-03-2006, 04:49 AM
where have YOU been? :p
I've had these images over a month now, just never got round to posting them :) I'll see what else I have that you might not have posted in any of the threads when I get home.

:p I saw you was getting a little slack so I thought I would post them :D

Vaigra
01-03-2006, 08:01 AM
:p I saw you was getting a little slack so I thought I would post them :Dyou callin' me a slacker, boi? :p
Just been busy lately. I would have posted them even before SW, just never got round to it :p. If I have anymore at home, I'll put them up :)

6'bore
01-03-2006, 08:13 AM
you callin' me a slacker, boi? :p
Just been busy lately. I would have posted them even before SW, just never got round to it :p. If I have anymore at home, I'll put them up :)

Good lad.