PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are all these red adverts in posts!

UK CARS
02-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Recently millions of red adverts have come up in posts, When you name a brand of something, mainly cars. lets see.
mg, aston martin ,rover, lincoln
is it some new money making scheme by Ultimatecarpage.com

baddabang
02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
i think its the forums service or something so that they have there name on the page, because when you hold your mouse over it they all say the same thing..... im not shure though :confused:

Wouter Melissen
02-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Hello,

Yes, these are the latest type of adverts coming around. As you might have noticed, there are no ads on the forums at all right now, even though many high res images are served. We didn't want to interfere your forums experience with normal banners and popping creatives. These new text links are working really well on the main page and we were asked to run them here on the forums as well.
They run on a pay per click basis, so if you see an ad that interests you, don't hesitate to click. All the companies linked to are of the high profile type.

Thanks and have fun on your future forum visits.
Wouter Melissen

Batmobile_Turbo
02-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Hello,

Yes, these are the latest type of adverts coming around. As you might have noticed, there are no ads on the forums at all right now, even though many high res images are served. We didn't want to interfere your forums experience with normal banners and popping creatives. These new text links are working really well on the main page and we were asked to run them here on the forums as well.
They run on a pay per click basis, so if you see an ad that interests you, don't hesitate to click. All the companies linked to are of the high profile type.

Thanks and have fun on your future forum visits.
Wouter Melissen
i was wondering what these were, i think it is a brillient idea, it is very much better than ad banners and it has obviously grabbed the attention of people.
sports car :D

henk4
02-27-2004, 02:21 AM
Recently millions of red adverts have come up in posts, When you name a brand of something, mainly cars. lets see.
mg, aston martin ,rover, lincoln
is it some new money making scheme by Ultimatecarpage.com

It allows you to get all the high res images for free, and at the same time enjoy the pleasure of this forum. The fact that you get coverage of many interesting events, with unique pictures that you will not find anywhere else on the web, has its price, and cost recovering efforts are therefore an implicit part of this site. There is no such thing as a free lunch. You could even assist this site by just clicking, every click will count.

Falcon500
02-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Ithink i get it and it most certianly is a less evasive system them i have seen in other websites. So the companys pay you for advertising when someone clicks on the banner? i was talking to one bloke and also another forum i am a member too hires spaces which put adds on their main pages and down the sides while you lookng never in the way but always in your face...and then there are some sites that have them flash up over what your doing coughYAHOOcough i like this system much better then others.