PDA

View Full Version : C6 Vette to dragbike photoshop

teazR
02-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Comments welcome.

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/teaser-dragbike.jpg

Batmobile_Turbo
02-26-2004, 04:15 PM
brilliant! the only ting i don't like is the pepsi stuff, only because i'm a die hard Coke fan, but great chop!!

PeeArr
02-26-2004, 08:57 PM
You better not post that here to try and get more votes come the end of the week... ;)

painterr
02-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Not a bad chop but if you were trying to make it look real you failed!! your exhaust is almost as big as you motor!!!! There is no way that can be in real life!! The motor is sure small for how big the bike is!!! It looks like a 275cc. with a 1100cc frame!! LOL just my thoughts!! It still looks nice and clean!

Burrito
02-28-2004, 05:34 AM
nicely done... although I'd probably make it a bit less long... seems a bit streched to me... great job though

Brabus of Doom
02-28-2004, 05:38 PM
thats awesome.

teazR
02-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Not a bad chop but if you were trying to make it look real you failed!! your exhaust is almost as big as you motor!!!! There is no way that can be in real life!! The motor is sure small for how big the bike is!!! It looks like a 275cc. with a 1100cc frame!! LOL just my thoughts!! It still looks nice and clean!

At first.. The exhaust can be as be as you make it. Why couldn't it be that big in real life? Some reason or explanation? And for the motor.. You can see only the side of one (1) cylinder. How can you tell the size of the engine by that? And as you may not have noticed it says harley davidson over there, so it's a V2. So double the size what you see, add a huge turbo, some metanol and nitro and there you go...

And yes it is quite long, but that's the way i see the fastest bikes are in real life if you've seen them.

http://www.m-t-schneider.de/images/dragbike2.jpg

painterr
02-28-2004, 10:14 PM
At first.. The exhaust can be as be as you make it. Why couldn't it be that big in real life? Some reason or explanation? And for the motor.. You can see only the side of one (1) cylinder. How can you tell the size of the engine by that? And as you may not have noticed it says harley davidson over there, so it's a V2. So double the size what you see, add a huge turbo, some metanol and nitro and there you go...

And yes it is quite long, but that's the way i see the fastest bikes are in real life if you've seen them.

http://www.m-t-schneider.de/images/dragbike2.jpg

Well you asked! A engine has to have back pressure to run right and by putting to big of and exhaust on it you will loose to much pressure thus loss of horse power and two small of one will choke the motor down. I took my daughters Honda DeSol and put a high preformance muffler on it which gave it a little better performance but the pipe coming from the cadilic converter was only an 1 1/4" in diametor so I went with a 1 1/2" pipe and it made a world of difference in the performance but if I had gone any larger I would of lost some back pressure and would of defeated my purpose!

Now if you look at your bike and the Harley you will see a diffenence in height and width of the engine. yours is still smaller in purposition. That one cylinder should be filling up the hole more then it is. that is all I am saying.

I was racing bikes back when they still ran two stroke engines. Back then they could purduce more tork then a four stroke engine until they got to hot and they would loose power!

But over all you have a very good chop!!

Matra et Alpine
02-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Well you asked! A engine has to have back pressure to run right and by putting to big of and exhaust on it you will loose to much pressure thus loss of horse power and two small of one will choke the motor down.
That's only partially true.
With a multi-cylinder branch exhaust, it IS critical to manage the exhaust expansion pulse through the branches and expansion chanbers.
With single exnhust pipes, it's not as critical.
So in a H-D V-twin it likely is insignificant the minimal effect tuning a single pipe to assist exhaust gas pull from the cylinder.
Very short exhaust would be extremely loud and likely to exceed acceptable sound levels at tracks ( Hmm, don't know if there ARE sound limits at drag the same way as we have on circuit - anyone ? )
[/QUOTE]I took my daughters Honda DeSol and put a high preformance muffler on it which gave it a little better performance but the pipe coming from the cadilic converter was only an 1 1/4" in diametor so I went with a 1 1/2" pipe and it made a world of difference in the performance but if I had gone any larger I would of lost some back pressure and would of defeated my purpose![/QUOTE]
The back pressure was necessary to use an exhaust pulse through the pipe to assist by creating a low-pressure area behind the pulse. As the next cylinder exhaust valve opens, this partial low-pressure in the exhaust manifold/pipe actually pulls the exhaust gasses out of the cylinder. All of this improves performance !

I was racing bikes back when they still ran two stroke engines. Back then they could purduce more tork then a four stroke engine until they got to hot and they would loose power!
strokers are totally different.
The overlap of in an dout pull in the engine means they are actually MORE critical of pipes. That's why every racing 2-stroke bike has a funny pear-shaped bulging 'box' in the pipe. This expansion chamber is there to create those partial low-pressure areas and pull next cycle exhaust gasses from cylinders.

But over all you have a very good chop!!
It's nice, for sure and I don't think too wrong from what a racer might do.

painterr
02-29-2004, 12:17 PM
hehehe I didnt claim to be a mechanic just saying what little I know about engines that has worked for me!

teazR
02-29-2004, 01:45 PM
for what i know, turbocharged engines don't need backpressure to work properly...

Matra et Alpine
02-29-2004, 07:54 PM
for what i know, turbocharged engines don't need backpressure to work properly...
Nope, they still need exhaust manifold design to optimise the extra pull from the pulses. But not as critical as the spinning turbo creates partial vacuum between pulses.

bk4uyeah
03-01-2004, 04:04 PM
you should have kept it without the pepsi, i like the job though