PDA

View Full Version : Team Ultimatecarpage.com Race 5: Anderstorp

Roy Visser
01-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Tomorrow (on my birthday), the fifth race for the ZAC2 competition will be raced. After 5 races the competition is very close, with Koos de Boer in the lead (46points) followed by Koen van Holsbeeke (43points) and in third ucp's very own Roy Visser (42points). We will be racing on the lesser known, and not loved by the reallife GT racers, Anderstorp GT circuit. A very demanding track, with banked turns which only have grip on the ideal line. Overtaking will be hard, and letting the faster GT cars pass you, will be even harder!

The Track
http://www.gtr4u.de/images/strecken/anderstorp.jpg
Race Time: 75 minutes
Track Conditions: tarmac 20 degrees celcius, dry

ONBOARD VIDEO, one lap around anderstorp in Roy's Seat (http://home.tiscali.nl/royvisser/GTR/Anderstorp%20Onboard%20UCP.WMV)

TELEVISION VIDEO (http://home.tiscali.nl/royvisser/GTR/Anderstorp%20Television%20UCP.WMV)

Team ucp Driver comments before the race:
Jeroen Ursem
Not much training, and Roys birthday party the night before, will make this a very hard race, goal will be: Finish!

Goals:
race pace: 1:36's
qualifing position: Top 8
End position: Top 5

Strategy:
Soft Front tires
Med Rear tires
90 Liters of fuel
Pit in lap 18

Roy Visser
Have been testing on the track, my setup needs allot of fine tuning still, since i cant match the speed of last years champion (Mark Kroesbergen, current 5th in the championship, just 2 points infront of the second ucp driver, jeroen ursem) but my ability to drive a steady pace will hopefully make up for it!

Goals:
race pace: 1:34's
qualifing position:Top 3
End position: Top 4

Strategy:
Soft Front tires
Med Rear tires
90 Liters of fuel
Pit in: No pit?

Competitors:
Nr. Team Naam Forum
Cup 600
#1 Dynamic Motorsports René Venderbosch
#2 Dynamic Motorsports Bram Knot
#3 Seizure GTR Kevin van der Meyden
#5 Benelux Spirit Kim van der Stichelen
#6 Benelux Spirit Sander Kooy
#7 Digital Racing Development Robert Saalmink
#8 Digital Racing Development Niels Tieman
#9 Race-Team Lommel Ludo Bleys
#10 Phil Racing Ivo IJsseldijk
#14 Gerben Kelly KRT GT
#20 Skin Sense Racing Fabian de Jong
#21 Skin Sense Racing Arnaud Paagman
#24 [FAB] Racing Mark Schuttenhelm
#25 [FAB] Racing Steven van Eijk
#28 The-Paddock Racing Cedric Broux
#29 The-Paddock Racing Jietse Melotte
#34 Supervise Racing Emile van der Stel
#43 Supervise Racing Rob van der Zwaan
#46 Caterpillar Racing Guyon Waltmans
#47 Caterpillar Racing Dennis Asselbergs
#49 Hezemans Indoor Karting guest Danny

Cup 400
#50 Kroda Porsche Racing Mark Kroesbergen
#51 Kroda Porsche Racing Koos de Boer
#60 ROKO Racing Robby Goedefroy
#61 ROKO Racing Koen van Holsbeeke
#62 Ippel Race Jaap-Jan Aardappel
#80 Team Ultimatecarpage.com Jeroen Ursem
#81 Team Ultimatecarpage.com Roy Visser
#86 Martini Racing Engineering Jesper Mol
#87 Red Bull Racing Kenneth Fikenscher
#88 Red Bull Racing Mathijs Twisk
#99 Hezemans Indoor Karting guest Maarten Oldenkotte

Wish us luck people, tomorrow i will update the second post, and give you guys a nice race report

Roy Visser
01-07-2006, 06:19 AM
current standings NGT class
Drivers:
1. Koos de Boer Kroda Porsche Racing NL 46
2. Koen v Holsbeeke ROKO Racing BE 43
3. Roy Visser Team Ultimatecarpage.com NL 42
4. Robby Goedefroy ROKO Racing BE 26
5. Mark Kroesbergen Kroda Porsche Racing NL 18
6. Jeroen Ursem Team Ultimatecarpage.com NL 16
7. Jesper Mol Martini Racing Engineering NL 15
8. JJ Aardappel Ippel Race NL 4
9. Mathijs Twisk Red Bull Racing NL 1
10. Jeroen Vrancken Martini Racing Engineering NL 0
10. Ken. Fikenscher Red Bull Racing NL

Teams:
1. ROKO Racing Porsche 911 RS 69
2. Kroda Porsche Racing Porsche 911 RSR 64
3. Team Ultimatecarpage.com Porsche 911 RS 58
4. Martini Racing Engineering Ferrari 360M 15
5. Ippel Race Gillet Vertigo 4
6. Red Bull Racing Porsche 911 RSR 1

jorismo
01-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Yeah, this is really a hard track. I tried to drive it in a 360 Modena, but it wasn't easy at all. I wish you guys all the luck!!

adamfraser
01-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Good luck to both of you :)

Roy and Jeroen, dont get pissed before the race!!! :D

forza_autodelta
01-07-2006, 07:10 AM
yeah!those vids are a great idea , thanks a lot and good luck , we'e always seen hard fights in ETCC with the alfas and their high max speed in the straight line and the BMs back in the turns

Roy Visser
01-08-2006, 04:24 AM
its going to be a very though race tonight, one mistake and you hit the gravel. And on anderstorp, the gravel is very deep! Another thing, if you try to get on the track in the cerbed corners, you might get stuck with all wheels off the ground due to the banking :eek:

Dino Scuderia
01-08-2006, 04:42 AM
Good luck!

man 430gt
01-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Good luck mate..

Roy Visser
01-08-2006, 10:08 AM
I've just heard that our Protest against one of the GT cars has been negotiated, and this resulted in a one race suspension (sp?) So we wont have to bother about him!

he was slower then the NGT cars, in his GT lamborghini! Very annoying!

Roy Visser
01-08-2006, 10:26 AM
btw, we are thinking of a strange tactic, qualify last, and take about 50 meters space with the second last car. Being a tight circuit, we will expect alot of damage, and bumping in the first lap. We atleast wont get any damage, and might even steal allot of places and time with it....

Matra et Alpine
01-08-2006, 10:34 AM
btw, we are thinking of a strange tactic, qualify last, and take about 50 meters space with the second last car. Being a tight circuit, we will expect alot of damage, and bumping in the first lap. We atleast wont get any damage, and might even steal allot of places and time with it....
Hey it's "Team UCP" not bloody Team Minardi :D :D

But, yeah, best tactical call. Raced at Brno and took that approach, though not on purpose, having missed the start and lost 7 places :D :D

Roy Visser
01-08-2006, 10:36 AM
if it works, we will be geniuses :)

magracer
01-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Good luck!

Even if there is no carnage during the first lap it should be a very interesting race. Remember, last lap is the one that counts so keep your head cool...:cool:

Roy Visser
01-08-2006, 02:29 PM
im a tactical genius, we started last, and after 1 lap, i already ran in 4rd position, after another 5 laps, i was driving in 2end position. A misjudgement in tire choice, i normally drive soft front, medium rear, which is sufficient on most circuits, i had to go into the pit. This costed me the second position, but still a nice podium for me!

jeroen's race wasnt that good, he drove a steady 5th, but poor carcontrol lead to a 6th place (last of the finished cars :( )

currently overthinking a car change, because jeroen cant controll the 911 properly.. Downside, we will both lose 40 points in the championship..

man 430gt
01-10-2006, 02:49 AM
im a tactical genius, we started last, and after 1 lap, i already ran in 4rd position, after another 5 laps, i was driving in 2end position. A misjudgement in tire choice, i normally drive soft front, medium rear, which is sufficient on most circuits, i had to go into the pit. This costed me the second position, but still a nice podium for me!

jeroen's race wasnt that good, he drove a steady 5th, but poor carcontrol lead to a 6th place (last of the finished cars :( )

currently overthinking a car change, because jeroen cant controll the 911 properly.. Downside, we will both lose 40 points in the championship..
Ouch man:( How about a 360 or something like that:cool:

Roy Visser
01-10-2006, 03:42 AM
I've testdriven the 360 yesterday, it is alot more stable then the porsche, but, if it goes, it goes. And it can come very sudden, so thats no proper car aswell.

we have decided to stick with the porsche, and jeroen is going to train his ass off ;)

next track: Imola

i've won all the testraces in it (even scored an overal podium in it, beating GT cars!)

so we should be ok ;)

man 430gt
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
I've testdriven the 360 yesterday, it is alot more stable then the porsche, but, if it goes, it goes. And it can come very sudden, so thats no proper car aswell.

we have decided to stick with the porsche, and jeroen is going to train his ass off ;)

next track: Imola

i've won all the testraces in it (even scored an overal podium in it, beating GT cars!)

so we should be ok ;)
If you say so..And good luck in the next race, and just wandering what game are you guys playing on?

adamfraser
01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
GTR: FIA GT Racing. An awesome game for PC, and cheapest i have ever bought... £10!!

man 430gt
01-10-2006, 11:16 AM
GTR: FIA GT Racing. An awesome game for PC, and cheapest i have ever bought... £10!!
I am getting this game, but where can i get it from?

adamfraser
01-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Well me and my mates took out all the copies in our town :D

Ermm, dont know if you have these places, Gamestation and Games Centre, very small but they stock it.

Best bet is www.amazon.co.uk

£14.95 including delivery. 24hour dispatch. Make sure you meet the required specs!

man 430gt
01-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Well me and my mates took out all the copies in our town :D

Ermm, dont know if you have these places, Gamestation and Games Centre, very small but they stock it.

Best bet is www.amazon.co.uk

£14.95 including delivery. 24hour dispatch. Make sure you meet the required specs!
Cheers Adam.

Dino Scuderia
01-10-2006, 12:34 PM
I've been driving the 360 with a setup I got from Redline Racing...it's pretty good I suppose but I'm still to green at GTR to know a good setup.

Still struggling with braking distances....and haven't got the steering dialed in exactly where I want it yet....it's going to take a while to get comfortable with the game.

Roy Visser
01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Anything from Redline Racing is good, Greger Huttu is my hero :)

ps, you should clean out your private messages Dino, cant send anything :/

Dino Scuderia
01-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Anything from Redline Racing is good, Greger Huttu is my hero :)

ps, you should clean out your private messages Dino, cant send anything :/

Yeah, cleaned them this morning.:)